TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Formule-X" New Launched X-Car for Drievliet Famil

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definetly not amused by Formule-X. Ok, Lets look at G-Force at Drayton Manor. Sure it looks smooth but is it? NO! Sorry, I just think it will be a nut buster.

I may be wrong, but I haven't heard anybody say that G-Force wasn't smooth. Just that it was lame and that the restraints hurt when you were upside-down on the lift. I don't know, how about any of you that rode it last year?

I actually think this ride looks pretty cool. I've been hoping that the supposed launched coaster that is to go in at Wild Escape will be one like this. It would make sense seeing how they already have the X-car going in from Maurer Sohne.

^True--the restraints were quite painful when I was hanging from the top of that lifthill. The rest of the ride, to me, wasn't particularly rough but just not very interesting.

It would've been better without the curved-lifthill gimmick.

The only reason that most people don't say it was rough is because it only had lapbars (as horrid as they are!) If the thing had OTSR's you'd be bashing your head and screaming bloody murder the whole time!

I'm pretty much done with these coasters as they are rough, uninteresting, painful, and have no redeeming qualities!

Oh, and if you don't think it was rough, check out our POV of it! Heck it looks a lot rougher than almost any Vekoma ride!

Hey

Out of interest have you guys ridden one of the bigger x-cars?

I rode G-Force and as most people seem to i hated it.

However i rode Abismo last year and loved it. There was such a difference it was incredible. This one seems like its going to fit into the G-force subset admitedly.

But i wouldnt write of all x-cars just yet

^Yeah, didn't strike me as terribly rough either, but then again, Elissa mentioned it was so bad with the lap bar but an OTSR would have sucked.

The ride did strike me as being pretty lame though. Short, slower pace, and a stupid gimmick to start it all out.

• 1 month later...

A lot of negative noises about X-cars in this thread...

I've only done G-Force at Drayton Manure. I didn't think it was rough, I experienced quite a smooth ride. Perhaps due to the lack of speed or because there were no over the shoulder restraints to bang your head against like sharktums said on the previous page. I'm also quite tolerant for X-Car's lab bars. Didn't hurt me. It's not much of a Roller Coaster though. The hanging upside down in the first loop was an OK feature. But the rest of the track... That so-called airtime hill didn't do anything to me, those inversion were original, but I didn't like them and the track was way to short. This year I'm going for Abismo at PdA Madrid, that one should be a bit better.

Let's not judge Formule-X in advance. Maurer does try something new here. The speed is low (65 kph ~ 43 mph) and just lab bars, so it can't possibly be very rough. The track layout looks cool to me, though a bit short. This is a nice addition for a small park like Drievliet. The coaster looks kinda "cute" I think.

Do they put more then one car (two? or three?) on the track?

All other X-cars have only one tandem x-car (12 passengers) and even though X-cars are located in small parks, they still have a terrible capacity problem. If they put one single X-car (6 passengers) on this one, the "kingda-ka-three-hour-q-lines" will come to Drievliet.

Do they put more then one car (two? or three?) on the track?

All other X-cars have only one tandem x-car (12 passengers) and even though X-cars

The 12 seat ones are two x-cars attatched to each other.

This one has 2 seperate x-cars so each car will only have 6 seats.

If only one car is running it will have an extremely low capacity.

I was actually quite exited about this project, until i heard about the bad restraints on the X-cars, i hope it isn't to bad or that these X-cars are better than the ones on G-force.

But i'm still looking forward to this coaster, the lay-out looks very unique (Maurer Sohne really did a good job fitting the coaster in the small area!), and who knows maybe it'll still be a good ride!