Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:02 pm

SPOILER ALERT, if there is any left, in what I say here.

Pirates was fun. The dark stuff with the chomping ship was awesome!
And the reunion at the end was a nice, ahhhh moment. But, I would still go
to the next one, if they make it. There is a lot of fun in the physicality of it
all, with Depp included. And all of the effects are pretty great for the genre.

7 Popcorn Boxes from me out of 10
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Kekuta Manneh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:23 am

I kinda liked King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword. At times I forgot it was supposed to be a story of King Arthur because some of the fantasy elements. They were entertaining to watch though.
There are so many modern online gaming websites. And they offer only a high level of customer service. I'm glad I can get online free slots in no hurry. Hell, this is outstanding news!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:47 pm

Lately...

Wonder Woman - Pretty good. The lead certainly held her own with the dialogue and the action.
Chris Pine was a nice sidepiece for her, lol. I thought he'd stick around longer. At least he did
in the comics. <sighs> Oh well. Good film.

Despicable Me3D - Fun though I think they've run the gambit with ideas for Gru, his wife and the girls.
Although (SPOILER ALERT) the twin brother did get away, I really don't think that's the need for a follow up film.
But if the kids love it.... why not? Fun movie. Not as many laughs as before.

Spiderman - Should be called "Spiderboy", shouldn't it? He's only in his mid-teens so....? :P Great action
packed movie, and the past reference to scenes in other Avengers films, nice when noticed. I felt the sidekick
was starting to get a bit much for "comedy sake," but then they writers dropped that, made him more useful
and easier to watch and listen to.

And Robert Downey Jr. is such a joy to watch, when he's probably riffing himself, LOL! Give him more $$$ !
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:42 am

I just came back from watching Dunkirk, and I'm sooooooo torn on this. The movie has great visuals, amazing soundtrack, acting is mostly good and the aerial fighting left me with goosebumps. Some parts were really intense and claustrophobic But the editing of this movie is so messy! I'm not going to go into details to not spoil it for anyone wanting to see the movie, but for me it got to a point where it just became annoying.

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby CP Maverick » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 am

The audio and formatting of the movie bother me enough that I probably won't watch it.
Original Maverick '99

Postby jray21 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:58 am

viking86 wrote:I just came back from watching Dunkirk, and I'm sooooooo torn on this. The movie has great visuals, amazing soundtrack, acting is mostly good and the aerial fighting left me with goosebumps. Some parts were really intense and claustrophobic But the editing of this movie is so messy! I'm not going to go into details to not spoil it for anyone wanting to see the movie, but for me it got to a point where it just became annoying.

I agree. The editing really did stand out as bad in this movie, and I usually never notice anything like that.

Postby alilstronger » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:02 am

Just watched The Belko Experiment.

I thought it was a decent movie. I love the pure savageness of it.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 am

I went to see The Emoji Movie yesterday.

That's all I have to say. :roll:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:31 pm

jray21 wrote:
viking86 wrote:I just came back from watching Dunkirk, and I'm sooooooo torn on this. The movie has great visuals, amazing soundtrack, acting is mostly good and the aerial fighting left me with goosebumps. Some parts were really intense and claustrophobic But the editing of this movie is so messy! I'm not going to go into details to not spoil it for anyone wanting to see the movie, but for me it got to a point where it just became annoying.

I agree. The editing really did stand out as bad in this movie, and I usually never notice anything like that.

The editing left the story unfocused and very little context of the film was ever given other than that all these guys are on a beach during wartime waiting for evacuation. I also saw it in a theater with terrible sound quality so that sucked. But yes, the cinematography was gorgeous. As much as I drink the Nolan kool-aid (Dark Knight all the way!), Dunkirk was a major let down.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby jynx242 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 am

alilstronger wrote:Just watched The Belko Experiment.

I thought it was a decent movie. I love the pure savageness of it.

Me too! I was kind of shocked by how "turnt" up the violence got in a few scenes. Not bad shocked, just taken by surprise. I really enjoyed it.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com]Image

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random