Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 913 - Copperhead Strike Roller Coaster for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby hoppedup » Tue May 22, 2018 5:15 am

Just wanted to chime in and say that the US National Whitewater Center is really close to Charlotte and it is a ton of fun as well. There is whitwewater kayaking and rafting, climbing walls, zip lines, ropes courses, mountain biking, live music, food, craft beer and more. There is a $5 parking fee so you can go in and look around pretty cheap before you commit to an activity pass ($59)

https://usnwc.org/

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu May 24, 2018 9:41 am

CaptainUnknown wrote:I know this has been discussed before, but since I'm feeling lazy right now, what do people think of the Comfort Inn across from the park? I'm looking at booking three nights there the first week of August and I can get a really good deal there through my timeshare.

Stayed there last year and it was fantastic. If we weren't driving to Columbia after the park tomorrow I'd stay there again. The employees were beyond nice, gave me the highest floor + facing the park when I asked, had a very solid free breakfast, and yeah it's right across from the park. Made it very easy in and out.

Very cool to see those footers! I'll be at the park tomorrow dodging thunderstorms so I'll take some pictures if I can carve out some time between Afterburn and Fury :b
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu May 24, 2018 12:55 pm

I've never stayed at a bad Comfort Inn in my life and I've stayed at a ton of them.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri May 25, 2018 1:48 pm

With the radar looking like abstract art, I'm thankful that we were able to get in a few rides on Afterburn, Fury, and Intimidator!

Flew in and went straight to the park at noon - the jumbo fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo are awesome. $22 bucks held all of the luggage for both my brother and I. 2 backpacks and 2 duffle bags! Get the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo! Yay fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo!

The park had numerous amounts of school groups so most riders had 15-30 min waits. Fury, Intimidator, and Afterburner were doing an okay job with operations. School groups, you guessed it, equal tons of line jumping. It was abysmal.

Afterburn is still my favorite coaster in the park! It's relentless, but so smooth and there is 0 headbanging. Each element is so fluid and perfect it's crazy how fast you take them.

Intimidator is just fine for a B&M hyper. It exceeded my expectations last year and did the same this year.

Fury is such a re-ridable, hands up, pure fun coaster. It's not too intense to scare away riders and it's got more action going on than any of the B&M hypers. The twisty bits might surprise you with a little pop out of your seat, but don't expect any groundbreaking airtime. It's definitely got stronger than what you'd assign to a B&M coaster.

Random notes - haha what is up with these "nutritional shaved ice"s? Phone was in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo so no photos but they're selling these shaved ice cones and billing them as nutritional haha.

Bathrooms everywhere. Most with AC. This was great!

Can't wait to visit again this summer and take my time going through the park.
-Zz
IMG_20180525_164519.jpg
Hanging out underneath Fury!
20180525_154038.jpg
Mother nature was furious today, but thankfully gave us a 3 hour window to ride some great B&Ms
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby inlina » Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:I know this has been discussed before, but since I'm feeling lazy right now, what do people think of the Comfort Inn across from the park? I'm looking at booking three nights there the first week of August and I can get a really good deal there through my timeshare.

We were there spring break just gone. We were not fans. The rooms were old, beds uncomfortable, the bathrooms not very clean, air conditioners noisy and the breakfast just like most other similar hotels. I cannot recommend from our recent experience.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby sdcfan88 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:26 pm

Thinking about heading out that way for the first time next week after the holiday weekend. What would be the best day to go?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Fri May 25, 2018 6:49 pm

^Tuesday or Wednesday.
Thursday and Friday will likely have school groups.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby DorneyKid14 » Fri May 25, 2018 8:18 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
RyanTPM wrote:Those are 100% Mack footer anchors =)

Yep! Went and double checked a few construction photos of Time Traveler and DC Rivals. Definitely very similar!

I'm so pumped for this. Assuming it's what we think it will be, this is a perfect fit for Carowinds, and the US gets another huge Mack coaster!

There was a photo of a wooden back that says Mack on it.
Favorite Steel: GateKeeper
Favorite Wood: Outlaw Run
Home Park: DPWWK
Steel: 76 Wood: 24
Total: 100 Parks: 16

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Sat May 26, 2018 9:50 am

Yeah it's the parks second Mack coaster . . .
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby carowindsman » Mon May 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Just some photos I took today. Park wasn't to busy but was nice easy walk ons for everything . Fury was the only one that was maybe 15 mins. I was never good at taking pictures so sorry.
IMG_20180528_170220.jpg
IMG_20180528_170223.jpg
IMG_20180528_172907.jpg
IMG_20180528_173503.jpg
IMG_20180528_173659.jpg
IMG_20180528_173741.jpg
IMG_20180528_173745.jpg
IMG_20180528_173756.jpg
IMG_20180528_173821.jpg
IMG_20180528_173827.jpg
IMG_20180528_174455.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!