Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Waldameer- Ravine Flyer II and Braserie, Dearie?
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Photo TR: Canobie Coaster's World Adventures

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:58 pm

^ Very nice. I would love to have a pinball place to hang out and play games, etc. At my age, hah! They closed one of the two arcades, where you won tickets and then collected for shelf prizes. But no pinball machines were to be found. I think it would be a perfect themed retro nod to the pinball age, in this new retrofit of Playland(PNE) in the coming years, to do something with that building, now.

With pinball games. :b :br Better than that, a parlor/space like you suggested, not on the PNE grounds.
IMG_9198.JPG
The Fun Centre was fun no more, last year. But they still put out capsule machines!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:^ I'm glad Mysterious Mansion survived the wildfire because it was so good and those efforts probably helped. I have no doubt they had backstage areas to maneuver around the house because the scare actors were everywhere despite there only being 2-3 of them.

You know how you go in the main entrance and there are several levels of balconies that are visible.. when they are trying to drum up business the scare actors will jump from balcony to balcony when interested customers come in. They will also go out on the bridge and try and get customers. I can't wait until my kids get old enough to do this attraction again.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:06 pm

^ I didn't notice any scare actors outside calling for customers, but I also believe I was the last tour of the night. I just barely made it before they closed!

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Very nice. I would love to have a pinball place to hang out and play games, etc. At my age, hah! They closed one of the two arcades, where you won tickets and then collected for shelf prizes. But no pinball machines were to be found. I think it would be a perfect themed retro nod to the pinball age, in this new retrofit of Playland(PNE) in the coming years, to do something with that building, now.

With pinball games. :b :br Better than that, a parlor/space like you suggested, not on the PNE grounds.

I don't even recall passing that last year at Playland, but then again I was there during the PNE so it was wall to wall with people.
Top 3 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Outlaw Run
Top 3 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce
Most Recent Trip Reports- Six Flags Great Adventure & Waldameer

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:13 am

Sounds like you had a similar experience in Mysterious Mansion as I did a few years ago, it was seriously one of the best haunts I've ever done. My wife and I went through it in the day time, and were the only guests in the house, pretty sure they only had 1 maybe two people working but they made us jump so many times by running ahead ahead of us and behind and jumping over balconies and railings, it was so much fun.

We skipped Anakesta on our trip last spring break but I'd like to check it out next time we're in town. We were kinda short on time and took the kids to do the alpine slides at Ober that morning and didn't wanna drop another $100+ or whatever for Anakesta even though the rail runner looks really cool. Oh well, we took about 10 rides on the old school concrete trough alpine slides for the price of one ride on the rail runner so I'm not too upset.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:56 am

^ Those concrete trough alpine slides scare me. I know I'd have no self-control and wipe out. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:58 am

NASCAR SpeedPark

NASCAR SpeedPark is home to one of the dirtiest kiddie credits out there. While Speedway Draft is actually pretty respectable as far as kiddie coasters go, the fact this park only offers an all-day-wristband separates the credit whores from the super credit whores.

If I was going to get the Speedway Draft credit, I was going to at least spend an hour or two trying all the park’s go kart tracks. But as I approached the park, it looked closed. I didn’t see anyone outside. No guests. No employees. Just a vast wasteland of sadness. That should have been a sign to run.

Park Entrance.JPG
During this report, I want you to play a game. Count the other guests that you see.

As I walked inside, I made my way to the ticket booth. And there wasn’t a soul in sight. I waited around for 5 minutes until an employee finally popped up from beneath the desk. Turns out the girl was sitting criss-cross applesauce on the floor probably Snapgramming or Instachatting. She probably forgot what a customer looked like.

I asked if everything was open and she informed everything was except their best and fastest go kart track, the Smoky Mountain Speedway. That was strike one against the park.

Smoky Mountain Speedway.JPG
Supposedly this was the only closed ride. Spoiler alert, it wasn't.

So I decided to take a stroll to see if it was worth my while getting a wristband. And I’m sure glad I did because it saved me almost $30…that later went to the Jurassic Jungle Boat and Earthquake the Ride. :lol:

With literally no one else in the park, I wasn’t interested in riding go karts alone. That’s even more sad and pathetic than riding a kiddie coaster as a lone adult.

Intimidator.JPG
Intimidator (not 305)...and a huddle of employees chit-chatting.

Slidewayz.JPG
WTF is that thing on the right? I'm going to have nightmares.

So I made my way over to the area of the park housing the thrill rides. And an employee told me everything was closed except the Tilt-a-Whirl and the Carousel. He said he went away for three days and almost everything broke down. That included the kiddie coaster.

That was my cue to leave.

Speedway Draft Closed.JPG
Coaster credit, denied.

Starship 3000.jpg
Flat ride credits, denied.

But on the way out I decided to let the ticket agent know about all the ride closures in-case another guest were to show up (lol). She then clarified her prior statement the kiddie rides didn't count and the spinning rides were damaged in a storm. I guess that’s what “everything is open” means to this park.

I consider myself a glass half-full person. Even if a park gives me lemons (see my last visit to La Feria or Clementon Park), I try to find something to laugh at. It keeps me sane.

However, I can't sugarcoat this one. I have no intentions to ever return to this park.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:19 am

Nrthwnd wrote:^ Very nice. I would love to have a pinball place to hang out and play games, etc. At my age, hah! They closed one of the two arcades, where you won tickets and then collected for shelf prizes. But no pinball machines were to be found. I think it would be a perfect themed retro nod to the pinball age, in this new retrofit of Playland(PNE) in the coming years, to do something with that building, now.

If you ever find yourself in or around Asbury Park, NJ, check out the Silverball Pinball Museum. It's a good time, and Asbury Park is a much nicer town than it generally gets a rap for (so long as you stay on the ocean-side of the rail line that runs through town LOL). They apparently have one in Delray Beach, FL as well.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:03 pm

If a hotel doesn't measure up to the brand, the brand rips its name off the building. I'm no legal scholar about licensing deals, but if they can, Nascar should immediately remove their trademarks and images from a place like this if it's run that poorly.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Mike240SX » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:15 pm

LOL at the concept of NASCAR fans expecting anything other than complete tragedy. Or doing anything other than chugging Coors Light. NASCAR has bigger problems than worrying about a failing half-amusement park, like the fact that their viewership has plummeted in the past few years, that their mechanics are going to have to learn how to work on post-1950s technology, and that their drivers are going to have to learn to shift more than 4 gears.
-Mike
Total Coasters: 152
Top 10 Steel: Maverick, Intimidator 305, Skyrush, Fury 325, Banshee, Millennium Force, Raptor, Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Top Thrill Dragster, Big Bad Wolf
Top 10 Wood: The Beast, El Toro, Phoenix (Knoebels), Boulder Dash, Thunderbolt (KW), Mystic Timbers, Twister (Knoebels), Hercules, Shivering Timbers, Jack Rabbit (KW)
Top 5 Hybrid: Steel Vengeance, Twisted Timbers, Goliath (SFGAm), Wicked Cyclone, Great White

Postby bert425 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 pm

where is that NASCAR park? wanna be sure to avoid it.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!