TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

Does anyone know if worlds of fun owns the land next to the patriot lift. If they do. I could only I mageine that an intamin mega lite or Mack mega coaster would fit perfectly in there. Just my opinion what is your guys.
Yes they do. I'm assuming your talking about the Orient Express lot? But I'm almost positive that all that landis their's. I don't see a roller coaster coming in 2015. Maybe a flat ride. I do know people with close ties to the PR department that get to know all the expansion plans first, and they are doubting anything big. I'm thinking the possibly biggest expansion for next year could be a dark ride. 2016 sounds like the year.

Here's what I think is happening: Worlds of Fun is soon to become a park that gets used rides and used rollercoasters. They're lineup is very good for the size park they have, including a great coaster trio (Prowler, Patriot, and Mamba), and I don't think Cedar Fair can justify adding another one. I see a rollercoaster replacing a Timber Wolf in 2016, then I think we will be set for a while.

IMO I think WOF or Cedar Fair I should say, should do an RMC treatment to Timberwolf. For one, that park does not have a whole lot that brings people to that park anymore, granted they did just add Steelhawk and we will see what that does. Or at least a Maverick style type of roller coaster would be fine.

IMO I think WOF or Cedar Fair I should say, should do an RMC treatment to Timberwolf. For one, that park does not have a whole lot that brings people to that park anymore, granted they did just add Steelhawk and we will see what that does. Or at least a Maverick style type of roller coaster would be fine.

While I would love to see a coaster like Maverick, I dont think the park is big enough yet to justify a $20+ million ride investment. I do agree about Timberwolf though.

It's definitely in a "dead" area of the park. They needed to put something over there to attract people. While I'm not a fan of these rides, I'm guessing most guests will be interested in riding it. The go karts were never a draw, so getting rid of them was a smart move.

^It's something that changes with time as you can even see that some manufacturers like B&M now use fewer supports, overall, than they did a few years ago (leviathan's lift is the best example). Then Morgan also went for the scaffolding like structure on parts of their rides rather than the tubular supports, which also demands a higher density of beams.

I think Steelhawk is a great addition for WOF, but with that being said I really hope our 2015 addition will be something more thrilling and marquee. Hoping for a Coaster, but I know that's a long shot.

It's funny how Worlds of fun AND Adventureland both got Windseekers from Mondial this year. It's also funny how then both of them changed the name of the ride. Adventureland is my home park and will always come first in my heart, but Worlds of Fun is my second favorite. I love going there and they have some great coasters. When I found out that Adventureland was getting a Windseeker back in the fall I was freaking out because usually we are the smaller brother when it comes to getting rides. All of a sudden I find out that oh wait... yup Worlds of Fun is getting one too. So much for getting a big jump on the competition.

But anyway both parks are great and I know that WoF fans were probably hoping for a coaster, but I really do think that this will be a good addition for both parks.

Yeah, I used to live in the southwest corner of Iowa, so right in the middle of the two. I am currently a Freshman at Drake University so obviously now I am closer to Adventureland, but growing up It was about the same distance for both of them. Adventureland might have been a little further just because it is on the east side of Des Moines.

Thank you......

We are doing a mini mid America trip this summer. Here are the parks we are hitting up.

1.SFGA

2 Indiana Beach

3. Worlds of fun

4. Adventureland

5. Nick Universe

6. Vallyfair

And "maybe" Arnolds park, but it looks like it may be a little out of the way.

Why do arrow Hypers have so many supports? I've always wondered that. I think Chance Morgan does the same thing.

This can apply to any company. Notice how thin the spines are.

Those spines provides only enough structural support to span a few meters, before a support column is needed. Hence why so many supports.

Newer & better designed spines pick up the slack and can support heavier loads over longer spans.

A stronger spine needs less supports.