Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Final Edition!

2/2/13 - Sea World Orlando!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Denver Fun!

Postby aimster » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Enjoying reading your adventures! And looking forward to one I think I'll be featured in. ;)

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby thrillseaker92 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:01 am

Did anyone else notice the sign at the Alpine slide that said "Maximum Capacity: 2 heartbeats per chair"
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/414f71682e10057fb949eda53a0661ff.jpg[/img][/url]

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Not sure what this says about me. I really enjoyed the trip report, but the mannequin chicks wearing jeans was a highlight.
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:20 am

I think I remember having trouble following this rule when I was in China! Alpine slides are a blast, they need more of them here in the US.

Here is a question, How many TPR members have been hurt on TPR trips on Alpine slides!
heritage_square_059.jpg

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:56 pm

larrygator wrote:Chad - Do you really think you got your dignity back on a Python Pit? :lmao:

Well, maybe just a wee bit. Ok, your right. Probably not. :(

aimster wrote:Enjoying reading your adventures! And looking forward to one I think I'll be featured in. ;)

Thanks! Not sure when I'll do one from BGB, I still haven't off loaded those pictures!

thrillseaker92 wrote:Did anyone else notice the sign at the Alpine slide that said "Maximum Capacity: 2 heartbeats per chair"

I did chuckle when I saw that, but then I thought, hey, what if they are siamese twins with two hearts and they want someone else to ride with them, then it would be three heartbeats. Not sure how you would sort that one. :?r

Chroniq wrote:...the mannequin chicks wearing jeans was a highlight.

It was seriously the best part of the flea market.

gisco wrote:I think I remember having trouble following this rule when I was in China! Alpine slides are a blast, they need more of them here in the US.

Here is a question, How many TPR members have been hurt on TPR trips on Alpine slides!

I had a guy in front of me on the fast track slowing down on purpose so his wife could catch up to him(who was on the SLOW track), so, I hit him. But I agree, they are a blast!

Packer Fans rejoyce, I'll have a tour of their historic stadium posted...tomorrow!

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Re: Chadster's Vacation Adventures: Packer Stadium Tour!

Postby chadster » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:26 am

With the NFL season well underway and the NBA season not even on lifesupport, I thought, this is the perfect time to share with everyone a behind the scenes tour of Lambeau Field

Now those who read my reports from time to time know that normally I, well, travel alone. But not this time! JoJo1979 caught wind of my desire to travel to Green Bay to visit Bay Beach (coming soon!) and said hey, I want to come too!

So on the morning of Sept 10 we met at the stadium, obtained tour tickets, and headed for the atrium and the historic home of the Green Bay Packers!
Packerville 001.JPG
Well, here we are folks, at the stadium of the only publicly owned team in the NFL. The fith sale of their stock was recently approved, so you too can be a team owner for around $200 a share. Just beware that the stock is, well, worthless. (Not being mean here, financially it's bascially a donation, read more on their website.)
Packerville 003.JPG
This is where the fortunate get to party, or those with tickets.
Packerville 010.JPG
When you walk in you hear this hollywood movie soundscape in the tone of "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" (not really, but you can pretend to hear it if you want to)
Packerville 011.JPG
Those who do not have money, enter here.
Packerville 009.JPG
The famous Atrium. Without it and all of the improvements that came with it, well, the team might just be a memory. The atrium and associated meeting space has helped the team stay in the black.
Packerville 012.JPG
The Hall of Fame is this way, for a little extra on the ticket price you can view all the team memories and, yes, even the Superbowl Trophy! Since we have a little time to kill before the tour, let's have a look around.
Packerville 007.JPG
The gift shop had everything. Pens, pencils, GBP Sharpies, hoodies, and limited edition Superbowl merchandise. They even had this self help book!
Packerville 015.JPG
Now we play a little game called "Things that Sound Dirty but Really Aren't"

First off, Goin' Deep
Packerville 017.JPG
That would be a pizza outlet. Not, well, you know.
Packerville 020.JPG
Next we found the "Meat Packing" Co. Combine the two and you get "Pack it Deep" but I digress.
Packerville 024.JPG
And finally the dirtiest, nastiest, most disgusting, and final entry of our little game, "Boomerang" Cafe. It's keeps you coming back, but not me. I'm a one and done on boomerangs.
Packerville 026.JPG
So it was time for our tour, first stop, the Packer's personal suite. I was actually surprised it wasn't center field, but, the view was still very nice.
Packerville 027.JPG
Want to rent it out when its not being used? Well, you can for about 40k. Includes admission for 40 of your friends, VIP parking, and food.
Packerville 028.JPG
Next we went underground.
Packerville 030.JPG
Cool stuff resides in here.
Packerville 031.JPG
The coaching staff parks in this area. I was told by the alternate tour guide that they know if the team is going to practice that day by whether or not the coaches cars are there. They were not.
Packerville 033.JPG
Important stuff happens in there.
Packerville 034.JPG
As Seen on TV!
Packerville 036.JPG
Get pumped, it's time to run out on to the field. They simulated game day music and crowds as you walked down the tunnel.
Packerville 037.JPG
Well, I guess we won't be storming the field afterall :(
Packerville 050.JPG
The field is made up of a blend of real grass and synthetic grass.
Packerville 055.JPG
One of these things does not look like the other, one of these things is not the same.

The synthetic grass was sewn into the field with a huge sewing machine. True Story!
Packerville 054.JPG
Most of the people who clean up after game day are school kids. While the team does pay for their services, the money usually goes to their school club, etc.
Packerville 052.JPG
If you are a loser, you take this tunnel.
Packerville 057.JPG
From ground level.
Packerville 062.JPG
From the stands.
Packerville 063.JPG
Noted!

6600 new seats will go in this area, with new lights and HD scoreboard. Some of the money you donate to them by purchsing stock will go to this cause.

Well, I hate to say it, but that's pretty much the end of the tour. After we left the field, we went onto the concourse where tens of thousands of beer cans, soda cans, and bottles were bagged up and ready to be sent to the recycler and were dropped back off at the Atrium. It was a neat experience. Plan about 90 minutes to two hours depending on how much time you spend in the gift shop and if you go to the hall of fame or not.

So for you Packer Backers, here's hoping for a perfect season!

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 am

This was my first stadium tour and it was awesome!! Yes I'm a little biased since I am a Packer fan. I need to get back up there to see the trophy.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 am

Thanks for sharing, Chad! What they have done to this stadium is awesome...makes the Ralph here in Western NY look like a piece of crap! :lol:

They have talked about major renovations for our stadium, but I still like the idea of building one on the Lake Erie waterfront near downtown Buffalo. I would think that it would revitalize the downtown area...even if only on weekends and during special events.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for posting this. I highly advise anyone with even the slightest interest in football to go to a Packers game once in your life. It was easily the best live sports event either of us had ever attended. The atmosphere at the game is much more like a college game than a pro sports event, and the crowd is TOTALLY into the game, which just makes it so much fun. Plus everyone was so nice! I witnessed no drunks, no fighting, no one being obnoxious, just people at the game having fun. Considering that I'm pretty sure I've seen some almost attempted murders at Eagles or Ravens games, this was a nice change!

The HOF tour is cool too, especially if you're a Packers fan. Again, I really recommend people checking the stadium out, and going to a game. It's an experience you won't forget.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:23 am

I never considered taking this tour any now, but now it's something I'll think about in combination with Bay Beach.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive