Photo TR: The Kiwis Do Texas Midwest 2013

The Intamin Cable Strikes Again - Knott’s Berry Farm, pg. 23
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Photo TR: The Kiwis Do Texas Midwest 2013

Postby The Great Zo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Great stuff, Matt. Every post you do, there's a few shots that just make me say "man, I wish I had found that angle." Even if you are a Mantis apologist. :lmao:
Last edited by The Great Zo on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:39 pm.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR
Trip Reports: 2015 CP -- 2017 FL -- 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby BigDipper 80 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Great update! As a past Mantis crew member, it's nice to know that there are in fact people who actually somewhat enjoy riding it. :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Great photo TR. It was a fun trip overall. I agree on Wicked Twister mystery no line. Fast Lane really made our trip to CP so relaxing and more enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts on the other parks you visited.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Great update! Cedar Point was so much fun. Maverick ERT was probably the best moment of the whole trip.(Could be seen from my avatar lol)
Look forward to read about the rest of your trip! :br

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:35 pm

There is just something about Cedar Point that I really love. Yes, the park is barren in spots, with generic or no themeing, and they have some of the worst (and overpriced) park food out there...but it's immense, has a stunning setting against Lake Erie, and everywhere you look is coaster after coaster after coaster, with the roar of the trains and screams of riders surrounding you.

All of this. Regardless of any criticism or issues I may encounter, I love the atmosphere at Cedar Point, and it's one of my top parks. It's not really "traditional" any more, but not as bland and corporate as I might've feared.

Great update, as always!
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Maveshark Team Leader and awesome dude!

Postby coasterkyle » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:52 pm

We had my favourite ERT session of the whole trip on Maverick (or should I say, Maveshark!). It helped that the ride is great, but also racing in the dark is an epic experience, helped by the absolutely awesome ride crew, who were pumped and just lots of fun the entire time. We really appreciated it - thanks guys!

On behalf of my crew, Thank you for your kind words. We're glad we could make the ERT spectacular, so youre welcome. but no need to thank us , It's our job to get people excited to ride on top of making sure you're properly secured and what not. ( or at least in my opinion) :b We would be glad to serve you guys again.
Credits - 144 Favorites 1.Skyrush 2.Maverick 3. Phoenix

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby FreeFaller » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:27 am

^Amazing that one of the crew members posted a reply! :) CP would not be CP without the super exciting crews!

TPR's lonesome donkeyboy

Postby Groteslurf » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:57 am

Love your reports. I need to go back to CP one day.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 am

coasterkyle wrote:On behalf of my crew, Thank you for your kind words. We're glad we could make the ERT spectacular, so youre welcome. but no need to thank us , It's our job to get people excited to ride on top of making sure you're properly secured and what not. ( or at least in my opinion) :b We would be glad to serve you guys again.

Cheers Kyle. I really thought you guys went "out of the way" to make our evening fun. Definitely one of the best ERT sessions I've ever been a part of.

Thanks for your comments everyone!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby firewalk13 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:28 am

I love the photos from your Cedar Point visit! Makes me long to get back as soon as they're open again.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive