Post Your Christmas Tree

2015 begins on page 9!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Games, links, news, movies, WHATEVER!!! As long as it's not TOO dirty!
New to the TPR Forums? Come say hello and introduce yourself HERE!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby scruffy » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:13 pm

I still need to take some pictures this year, but till then here is a little video of my train.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:23 pm

^

That's great! :smile:

And I look forward to seeing what it goes around, lol.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:43 pm

This is my halfway decorated tree, no ornaments yet.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:12 am

Tree should be ready by this weekend. Till then here is photo of my latest theme park ornament purchased over the summer:
hershey.jpg

Cubs/Colts Fan

Postby spaceace12 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:14 am

Are those led lights? If so, I had a set to fill my tree and they are alright, I got all the same led's this year and like them.

Blank Title

Postby Sean Menefee » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:50 am

LEDs they are. I've had plain white lights for the last few seasons, and decided to upgrade to some colored LEDs last year. The tree is a bit bright at times, but I love the way the lights look on the ornaments.

Shirtless Dude!

Postby Twister II » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:01 am

We will go up to get our tree from the mountains one week before Christmas.

Go destroying nature!!! :devil:

LIVE It. LIKE It. LOVE It.!

Postby CoasterExpert13 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:45 pm

My mom and sisters put the tree up Dec. 8th every year (don't know why it's always the 8th)
My Tree.JPG
Our Tree (some presents have already been put under the tree)
Live.Laugh.Love.Life.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby KerryB » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am

Nrthwnd wrote:I'm curious who of you already has these kinds of trees and who still goes out to either buy a fresh cut tree, or cut one themself in one of those tree growing farms?

My family started using artificial trees when I was a kid. We traveled from GA to NC every year for the Holidays, usually for at least a week. It just wasn't safe to leave a real tree with lights. (My Dad was very early into the lights on a timer deal, so the lights would come on every day. Not a good plan if no one will be around to water a real tree.)

The only hazard my Dad then found himself in was that my Mother never throws anything away. So now he gets to set up multiple trees around the house for her different themes! We finally convinced her to lose a the original 70's/80's era trees just in the last five years or so!

After moving to NC, we usually had a live cedar tree cut for the front porch. I'm not doing one this year though. This is the first year without my Grandmother, and I'm trying to keep things similar yet different. Now they can make artificial trees that are so incredibly real and they stay pretty when the real ones start falling apart. We've also found it is much better for our allergies. I think we are all using artificial trees in my immediate family now. (It's late..I'm rambling again!)

TWO PINTS ONLY

Postby coaster_dude2002 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:41 am

Well we finally put the entire tree up yesterday. With 3 of us working on it we finished it all within the day. Here are some photos of the process for the putting it together. We start with half a tree on the ground and then put on some lights and decorations before standing it up. Then it is filled in and decorated after being secured to the wall.
DSCN0841.jpg
The festivus pole. Who is ready for the airing of grievances?
DSCN0844.jpg
Half a tree up and ready to go.
DSCN0857.jpg
Just a few more decorations to fill in the empty spots.
DSCN0859.jpg
The final product.

PreviousNext

Return to Random, Random, Random