Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

P. 131: $12 million entrance & Boardwalk improvement project
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???
User avatar
 
Posts: 3255
Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Location: Bay Area
Gender: Male
Age: 48

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Tmcdllr » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:16 pm

I like the effect on that last pic..... very dramatic.
Image

It's All About Quality!
User avatar
 
Posts: 6167
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 34

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Angry_Gumball » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:I like the effect on that last pic..... very dramatic.


Believe it or not, that was one of my iOS 7 camera filters. I like it a lot!

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie
User avatar
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Hercules » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:24 am

Jew wrote:^That's pretty poor planning on their part then. I've worked on my fair share of ride openings in California, and there really isn't a lot of surprises---everything is scheduled in advance, which gives plenty of time for the park to do its training to get everyone ready.


The whole reason that the ride has not gotten approval is not because of the state. It really has nothing to do with the scheduling or anything like that. The schedule got screwed up because the track was poorly manufactured by Maurer Sohne, and they had to actually get local contractors to literally alter the track in order to make the pieces to fit together. This is straight from the mouth of Wolfgang of Maurer Sohne. So, the entire project was screwed from the beginning since it was a manufacturing problem.
Last edited by Hercules on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:42 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Location: Northern CA
Gender: Male
Age: 55

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Mechanic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:01 am

edit: Previous poster's edit changed the meaning 180*.
Last edited by Mechanic on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 pm.
Image

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie
User avatar
 
Posts: 3126
Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Age: 35

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Hercules » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 am

^ Corrected. Forgot a not in there.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Location: Northern CA
Gender: Male
Age: 55

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Mechanic » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Ah, that makes much more sense.
Image

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"
User avatar
 
Posts: 10785
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Location: Northridge, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 33

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Jew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Hercules wrote:
Jew wrote:^That's pretty poor planning on their part then. I've worked on my fair share of ride openings in California, and there really isn't a lot of surprises---everything is scheduled in advance, which gives plenty of time for the park to do its training to get everyone ready.


The whole reason that the ride has not gotten approval is not because of the state. It really has nothing to do with the scheduling or anything like that. The schedule got screwed up because the track was poorly manufactured by Maurer Sohne, and they had to actually get local contractors to literally alter the track in order to make the pieces to fit together. This is straight from the mouth of Wolfgang of Maurer Sohne. So, the entire project was screwed from the beginning since it was a manufacturing problem.


That makes a little more sense. Depending on what modifications they did, diagrams/SOP's would need to be updated for the state to approve it.
Image

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”
User avatar
 
Posts: 335
Joined: 26 Jan 2011
Gender: None specified

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby Sheep-O-Matic » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:17 pm

Jiminy Christmas. Still no Undertow, eh? My goodness.
Don't EVER mistake
my Silence for Ignorance...
... my Calmness for Acceptance...
... my Kindness for Weakness.

Site Admin
User avatar
 
Posts: 48028
Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, FL
Gender: Male

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Has the park said anything about why an off-the-shelf model spinning coaster has taken so long to install?

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 1223
Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Gender: Male
Age: 19

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

Postby cmullin » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:51 pm

robbalvey wrote:Has the park said anything about why an off-the-shelf model spinning coaster has taken so long to install?

I believe that a few posts back it was said that the track was manufactured poorly and did not fit together, so they had to spend time fixing the damaged track.
Image

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

These pages are in no way affiliated with nor endorsed by SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Cedar Fair, Legoland, Merlin Entertainment,
Blackstone, Tussaud's Group, Six Flags, Universal Theme Parks, the Walt Disney Company or any other theme park company.

All onride photos and videos on this website were taken with the permission of the park by a professional ride photographer.
For yours  and others safety, please do not attempt to take photos or videos at parks without proper permission.

Disclaimer!  You need a sense of humor to view our site, 
if you don't have a sense of humor, or are easily offended, please turn back now!
Most of the content on this forum is suitable for all ages. HOWEVER!
There may be some content that would be considered rated "PG-13."
Theme Park Review is NOT recommended for ages under 13 years of age.

cron