Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

P.195 : Former Six Flags executive is the new GM
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:32 pm

I rode Boardwalk Bullet in April of 2008, and I thought it felt fine. Infact it's one of my favorite woodies. I can't even imagine how great it must be now!
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Kemah Boardwalk & Boardwalk Bullet Discussion

Postby lorddoonga » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Yesterday, it was my goal was to re-ride the Bullet after all the improvements made on it, but I did not get to. From loop 610 to just pass B-8 it was a bottleneck not to mention road construction all the way to League City. Don't forget the 2 separate Oversized Loaded Trucks fighting with the rest of us over lane choice. If you travel through League City the traffic was okay. All together it was a 2 hour trip to get to Kemah. There was like this 1.5 hour wait to ride the Bullet even with both trains operating. The ticket booth line was just as a bad. I headed back home without getting to ride my fun coaster. I have to go back on a non-spring holiday event to enjoy it.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby texcoaster » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:33 pm

Spring break is THE busiest time of year for Kemah Boardwalk.

When Bullet was being built, I questioned one of the managers about the looooooooooooooong queue being constructed for a coaster at such a small park. I asked if he thought such a queue would ever get used. His response, "it will during spring break!"

That's when I made a mental note never to go during spring break. I'm way too spoiled being able to just walk up and ride with only a one-train wait. Two or maybe three train wait if I want the front seat.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 am

I went on Sunday...and the park was pretty quiet! Bullet opened around 12 and all the way up to 4 (when I left) the ride was a walk-on for every row except the front (1 or 2 train wait). They were also running 2 trains, but every time one train stopped on the lift while one crawled back from the brake run...they really need to fix that now, they could do damage to the chain and what not (more on this when I do my Photo TR). Anyways, it was running super smooth and fast without full trains and there was airtime places there wasn't before...and the 2 big drops in the back seat were completely awesome =)

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby lorddoonga » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:53 pm

It was a beautiful cool windy day at Kemah Boardwalk. I rode Bullet finally, and I was very pleased with the ride! I was impressed how adaptable the trains were able to keep with direction changes and maintain fast momentum throughout the entire ride. The bayturn is superfast, don't blink LOL. The 2 big drops in the back seat were amazing! After that its almost like a magic carpet ride. Even the drop underneath the station was full of speed and airtime! It's an entirely different feeling now; pain free and re-rideable. Enjoy : )

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 pm

lorddoonga wrote:It was a beautiful cool windy day at Kemah Boardwalk. I rode Bullet finally, and I was very pleased with the ride! I was impressed how adaptable the trains were able to keep with direction changes and maintain fast momentum throughout the entire ride. The bayturn is superfast, don't blink LOL. The 2 big drops in the back seat were amazing! After that its almost like a magic carpet ride. Even the drop underneath the station was full of speed and airtime! It's an entirely different feeling now; pain free and re-rideable. Enjoy : )

Very good to hear, especially coming from an older rider! Our night time ERT was pretty rough, but the morning ERT was very good...I was one of the few who stayed the whole hour! This ride is very unique, and if everything I hear about the improvements are right...then this should be a very good ride.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:58 pm

^^That sounds like just about the worst day ever. Bad traffic and crazy long waits for rides. :(
Last edited by Skycoastin Steve on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:20 pm.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^That sounds like just about the worst day ever. Bad traffic and crazy long waits for rides. :(

Actually it took a while for the giant TPR bus to navigate its way to a parking spot in Kemah's crowded marina. Oh yeah the wait times were craaaazy ;)

i'm with Luko...I'll never vote to leave a park early!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby GuruGuys » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 pm

Jakizle wrote:I went on Sunday...and the park was pretty quiet! Bullet opened around 12 and all the way up to 4 (when I left) the ride was a walk-on for every row except the front (1 or 2 train wait).

I showed up the last Sunday of Spring Break last year and it was the same, much slower than the rest of spring break and actually a good time to ride with full trains and little wait.

Jakizle wrote:They were also running 2 trains, but every time one train stopped on the lift while one crawled back from the brake run...they really need to fix that now, they could do damage to the chain and what not (more on this when I do my Photo TR).

The lift hill shakes pretty bad when the train connects with the lift chain even on one train operation. They'll probably have to look at the timing of the lift chain at some point to minimize this effect. I doubt that the brake issue will be fixed anytime soon, it would require a new magnetic braking system. Kemah is done putting major money into the Bullet for now and the next time they do it will probably go to a final round of track work.

Jakizle wrote:Anyways, it was running super smooth and fast without full trains and there was airtime places there wasn't before...and the 2 big drops in the back seat were completely awesome =)

I rode today and agree it is running great. I still love the front seat above the back these days, so much more airtime in places there never used to be. Its nice to see that several months after the major track work it is still running just as smooth as the day they finished that work. It has NEVER held up this well after any of the track reworkings - great news for riders and even better for Kemah Maintenance staff!

-GG

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:00 am

Glad to hear it's running pretty smooth. It was pretty rough during the trip last year. I would love to try it again.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!