The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

P. 27 - Brain Drain 12 story Larson ARM Tower announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: The Magic Springs & Crystal Falls Discussion Thread

Postby ThemeParkJunkie51290 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:04 pm

Vonni wrote:
ThemeParkJunkie51290 wrote:I plan on taking a quick trip to Hot Springs, AR on Oct. 22. I was wondering do anyone know how crowd levels are on Saturdays. I'm not a big fan of the haunts, and really just visiting for the credits and leave. Any tips?

Please post a trip report. I'm curious as to how your visit was.

Sadly, things didn't work out as planned. :cry: :cry: Work and other life obligations got in the way. I guess it all comes with being an adult. LOL. But I still do have plans of visiting one day in the near future. My 2017 theme park list is already done, and Magic Springs isn't on it. But who knows, LIFE FINDS A WAY.
ROLLER COASTERS FEAR ME BECAUSE I SHOW NO MERCY!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:03 am

Chaos theory is a great way to describe Magic Springs. :lmao:

But don't worry. Just plan to go when the waterpark is open, and you'll have a good time. It's a very good waterpark. All descriptions of crappiness at this park are appropriate to the ride side only. And make sure you ride Diamond Mine Run, their children's coaster. It's the second best ride in the park.

Postby Vonni » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:52 pm

And the first new post in a year, was there anything new announced for 2018? (lol)

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:15 am

Vonni wrote:And the first new post in a year, was there anything new announced for 2018? (lol)

Hopefully 100 misters and another boat for the Plummit Summit
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:46 am

Vonni wrote:And the first new post in a year, was there anything new announced for 2018? (lol)

Couldn't find any information about anything new for the park in 2018. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Bigger is not always better.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Shavethewhales » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:51 pm

There's a chance that something will be announced next year before opening. I could see something small being added, but more likely the new owners will wait another year to monitor how the park is doing and then expand the water park again since that is what probably makes sense. They haven't sprung into investments the way CNL did when they first took ownership. So far DL is getting a rather small coaster and both FC and Wild Waves are getting a Christmas event next year. Seems like good ideas and a fairly cautious approach, but being cautious and frugal doesn't bode well for this park, IMO.

I didn't even know they had a Halloween event, but it looks like it was at least slightly successful. Seems kind of odd for the dry side of the park to be open by itself still though. If they got any actual crowds for Halloween I can't imagine what a cluster it must have been with their usual 5+ minute dispatches.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ElvisLuv » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Shavethewhales wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:My thought on Magic Springs is that it's the Poor Man's Dollywood. Also the park like Wild Adventures is on the surface of the sun.

I'm sorry, what? How on earth is Magic Springs anything at all like Dollywood? I guess they are both technically parks with roller coasters, but that's about where the similarities end...

Like others have said, set your expectations low and be prepared to make your own fun out of the experience. I actually really enjoyed my visit to Hot Springs/MS awhile back. The coasters feel like they don't actually have a maintenance staff at the park, and the ride operators are scant and barely seem to care about actually putting people through the ride. It took several minutes to dispatch on Big Bad John, for example. BUT, X-Coaster is a pretty crazy experience, and if you are a wooden coaster masochistic like myself then Arkansas Twister is a unique thrill.

I still hope they don't gut the rides section anymore. It is what it is for now, but with a little work it could be OK. They just need a LOT more misters, more focus on water park and water attractions, and focus on quality for the rides they keep/add.

Here's what gets me, see that new GG for that small park in France, well here is a perfect park for that and any number of smaller footprint steel oasters like a Eurofighter or a Mack spinner.

Come to think of it, that used Mauer spinner for sale in Baton Rouge would work. A Disko with the hump would work. Hell, anything would be an improvement

A hydro magnetic water coaster in the water parkwould be the first thing I'd add though, there isn't one anywhere close, not even Branson. Add a drop box slide complex and that is a truly solid waterpark.

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:10 am

How about a Tea Cups with Water?
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:17 am

On July 24, 2017, the X-Coaster stopped leaving people stranded people 50 feet in the air for one hour, with temperatures reaching 95.

What is it with X-Coaster always seeming to have problems??

Also, I clearly missed the name change. I had no idea the park is now:

Magic Springs Theme and Water Park

I much preferred Magic Springs and Crystal Falls
Bigger is not always better.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:45 am

ElvisLuv wrote:Here's what gets me, see that new GG for that small park in France, well here is a perfect park for that and any number of smaller footprint steel oasters like a Eurofighter or a Mack spinner.

Come to think of it, that used Mauer spinner for sale in Baton Rouge would work. A Disko with the hump would work. Hell, anything would be an improvement.

Except for the fact the the owners are clearly not interested making changes to the ride side. No new rides since 2006, that's 12 years.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!