2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

the saying usally goes, "moms always know."

moms might already have an idea about your orientation, but are either respectful to wait for you to say something, or are in denial and hope its not true. but despite their own reasonings, they already have your orientation on point.

its like a secret power moms have on their children. haha

I don't know, my mom got into a long discussion over Memorial Day with her sister and sister in law about how Clay Aiken isn't gay. I kept my mouth closed, but I wanted to be like...COME ON!

I'm a full fledged Bi enthusiast.

ROFL, that should replace "rodents" or "waffles" or whatever it is now.

It is sick that being bisexual is becoming a fad now. I'm sick of all these blonde cheerleader bimbos going, "yeah, I'm bi..." (Riiiight...where'd the puking smiley go?)

What about the people that actually are bi? Hopefully it won't get like most other fads, where it's impossible to tell who's serious or a sheep. Ugh.

-amanda "is bi-curious serious enough?" v.

Being bi- has been a fad among people of a certain age for AT LEAST 20 years. Most of the men will become gay, most of the women will become straight. Keyword 'most.'

I think it's just the way women are built: if we love someone, we want to be or at least have no problem being intimate with them, regardless of the details.

I would hope that the upside is greater tolerance down the road as friends think 'my friend Jane slept with a woman' and relatives realize 'my niece Joan had a relationship with a woman' and neither Jane nor Joan appear to be 'sick' or likely to burn in hell. The downside would be the possibility of people thinking 'John slept with a woman once, so why doesn't he 'choose' to keep doing it?'

I'm a full fledged Bi enthusiast.

ROFL, that should replace "rodents" or "waffles" or whatever it is now.

It is sick that being bisexual is becoming a fad now. I'm sick of all these blonde cheerleader bimbos going, "yeah, I'm bi..." (Riiiight...where'd the puking smiley go?)

What about the people that actually are bi? Hopefully it won't get like most other fads, where it's impossible to tell who's serious or a sheep. Ugh.

-amanda "is bi-curious serious enough?" v.

I am actually seriously Bi. I figured out when I was about 14. I was really into girls, but then started to get into guys. Then actually had my first boyfriend who I actually felt feelings for. I then thought I was totally gay, but then I had some SERIOUS feelings (like...LOVE) towards this one girl and we ended up...yeahhhhhhhh. Then I just thought I was going through that whole "curious" stage. And now I've finally relized, I'm actually attracted to both sexes.

I think the Kinsey scale is germane to this discussion. It rates sexual attraction all the way from 1 (totally het) to 6 (totally same-sex). Which is to say that being bisexual doesn't mean that you're equally attracted to both (or all) sexes throughout your life. Sexual orientation can be a lot more complex than a simple binary (or trinary) division. One female-to-male transsexual friend of mine was a total lesbian before transition, but after transition he came out as a gay man...

Which is to say that iin his case, queerness actually trumped gender-choice...

^ Totally agree with that.

But the whole scale. See I have gone back and fourth back and fourth. To the point where it's downright, I'm attracted to who I'm attracted too. I fall in love with a guy, I fall in love with a guy. I fall in love with a girl, I fall in love with a girl. It's just really really hard to explain. But im just really tired of people saying there is no such thing as Bi-Sexual (not saying you were, just lot's of people say that), because, there really truely is.

^ I didn't intend to suggest bisexuality wasn't real - I think it's to some degree the nature of most (there goes that keyword again) people. A lot of gay people have disagreed with me. Perhaps we only truly understand how we ourselves are. I don't think I've ever seen a Kinsey scale population breakdown. Most people seem to lean more in one direction or another, and it's probably just simpler to focus in one area/community. I would call myself bi-, although I haven't been with a woman in 10 years, and have strong heterosexual leanings (although that may simply be out of the convenience of societal acceptance). I thought Kinsey was 0-6, in which case I'm a 1.5.

It's beautiful, and probably incredibly healthy, that you love the person inside whoever it is you love. I wish more people did.

------------------

Changing directions somewhat. Ignoring the religious 'shellfish is fine but laying with another man is an abomination' folk, I've known lots of non-religious, majorly homophobic men, my younger brother for one (despite the fact that my omni-present best friend was gay). There is the hypothesis that severely homophobic people have strong homosexual inclinations, & are scared to death. Most of these guys seem to me to be sexist pigs (gynophobic a$$holes, actually). For them, is it perhaps that being intimate with another man is somehow feminine, woman-ish, whatever (they clearly haven't known the gay men I have), & therefore inferior? Is some male homophobia also related to sexism?

Cr@p, I hate this - I thought the Enlightenment started 600 years ago.

I read somewhere that most humans are actually meant to be in the middle of the scale (about a 3). However, most people adapt to their environment (aka the homophobic/gay is wrong/only hetrosexual is okay society), so most never (or rarely) go same-sex, even though that person may think that a same-sex person is hot. Strange? Yes. True? Probably so, if you think about it.

See topics on message boards: who would you change for? That's got to be a sign of the human race's nautral bisexuality (at least once in awhile.)