TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Dragon 2000 is open!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Is Steel Dragon 2000 going to reopen soon? I hear rumors, but the park's website hasn't been updated as near as I can tell. I will be in Japan from July 27-August 2 and it would be nice to get a ride on this coaster. I think it is time for it to reopen or just remove it. Maybe the opening of Fuji-Q's new coaster will influence Nagashima Spaland to reopen Steel Dragon.

Nagashima Patrons say

Steel Dragon 2K has unleashed status of closing since lots of people injured of bumping into lapbars or people in the pool crashing into wheels that came out of the track and went out of control.

Nagashima Spaland says wheels on SD2K has run off the track while riding and 10 guys injured or some were taken to the hospital.

Nagashima Development on sightseeing patrons and 3 charges of its repair shop have been done for pro negligence resulting in injury.

Mie Police seems to have a suspicion that putting defects on the train has caused that incident.

The patrons apologized for the following incident on July 21 in a press conference.

They said that they would inspect twice with a third party present for more safe and sound traveling before SD2K returns in the middle of August.

sd2k, welcome back to sweet home in the guinness holder!

we were wonderin' you could get back to us so far.

if you gotta be scrap it'd be kinda shame though

a ride goin' down in a history of the tallest coaster.

but now you're gonna playing it, you guys get ready

to have a blast!

your mind's spinnin' on a coaster.

coaster wheels are spinnin' too.

C'mon people a bit more enthusiasm!

We're talking about the worlds highest and fastest 'traditional' coaster that's going to reopen after a uncertain period. To me it feels like we've got a new big coaster in our world. Feels great

^It may be tall, but from what I've heard, that's about all it has going for it...

I had 2 trips on it back in 2001, and it was anything but boring. Yes, big cresting hills, and not massive speed taken over the tops, but it's not an Intamin either. It's very traditional, very tall, and very smooth. That first drop down into the turnaround/helix is amazingly intense as well, because you're dropping 200 feet into it.

A great ride, and I'm glad I'll be able to ride it again, hopefully, within a year.

Nice to hear a good report, but having seen it in person and talked with others who've been on it; I'm kind of also leaning towards the 'it's a big Steel Force' camp!

I've never been a big fan of the Arrow or Morgan hypers, in fact my favorite is Steel Eel which doens't even really count!

We'll see if it really opens, and if it stays open. No matter what that park will be on the TPR Trip next year, but I'd rather it not be open so we can make that a half day!

^It may be tall, but from what I've heard, that's about all it has going for it...

Still, it's good to see that it is in fact opening, as it is always sad to see a SBNO coaster.

Nah, I've ridden it, I would take it over MF.

But that might just be the fact that I didn't even really cling to MF like everyone does and over hypes about it.

I hope they clean it up. Because this

Looks a wee bit dusty.

And about 3 years of no operation, you would imagine what the oceany air would do to the coaster. If not, oh well, as long as its opening.

Okey Dokey, Just visited the Nagashima Spa Land site and found this.

we all know august. but.

Around 2006 earlier August is what the translator gave me. So within a few days.

平成15年8月23日、弊社「ナガシマスパーランド」のアトラクション「スチールドラゴン2000」

車輪脱落事故により、乗車中のお客様及び隣接するジャンボ海水プールのお客様が

お怪我されましたこと、心よりお詫び申し上げます。また、弊社のお客様をはじめ

関係各位の皆様に多大なるご迷惑をお掛けいたしましたこと、重ねてお詫び申し上げます。

弊社は事故発生以降、関係当局による捜査活動に全面的に協力し、あわせて直ちに社内

関係部署の責任者から構成される「スチールドラゴン2000事故原因究明・安全対策委員会」を

設置し、事故原因の究明、事故再発防止への安全対策の策定を行ってまいりました。

事故原因の究明と対策、並びに改善を行い、この度、確認申請を行い、確認済証の

交付を受けました。つきましては下記の通り、近日中に試運転をする見通しとなりましたので

「スチールドラゴン2000」運転再開へ向けてのご報告申し上げます。

尚、営業再開日が確定いたしましたら、弊社ホームページでお知らせさせて頂きます。

今回の出来事を大きな反省として一層の改善を進めていく所存でございますので、今後共

ご愛顧いただきます様、宜しくお願い申し上げます。

平成18年7月21日

長島観光開発株式会社

=============

2003 August 23rd, with the attraction 「 steel dragon 2000 」 wheel falling off accident of our company 「 ナガシマスパーランド」, the customer who is in the midst of riding in a car and the customer of the jumbo seawater pool which it adjoins apologize from thing and the heart which the wound are done. In addition, does applying the annoyance which becomes great in everyone of the related everyone including the customer of our company, piling up, we apologize. Our company after the accident occurring, to the investigation activity by the competent authorities extensively cooperated, the 「 steel dragon 2000 accident cause investigation safety measure commission 」 which is at once formed together from the patsy of the company internal-related post installed, doing the investigation of accident cause and the decision of safety measure to prevention of accident recurrence started. You investigated accident cause, and measure, and you improved, this time, did verification application, received the delivery of verification end proof. Being attached, as mentioned below, being to become the prospect that you test operate in the next few days directing to 「 steel dragon 2000 」 driving reopening, we report. Furthermore, when business reopening day decides, you inform in our company home page. The place where it keeps advancing more improvement the latest occurrence as a big reflection because it is existence, that also in the future patronage it receives, we ask may. 2006 July 21st Nagashima sight-seeing development corporation

So they will begin testing soon if you can understand all that engrish

I don't understand all of you. You get so excited over something you're never going to ride and you know it. Anyway, I hopw we get a similar Morgan Gigacoaster in the U.S. one of these days. Looks like an enjoyable, relaxing ride.

^ Uhhh, we have several international members, we have people who have been or are going to Japan, and TPR is planning a trip to Japan next year. If it does re-open, plenty of people from this site are going to ride it.

I don't understand all of you. You get so excited over something you're never going to ride and you know it. Anyway, I hopw we get a similar Morgan Gigacoaster in the U.S. one of these days. Looks like an enjoyable, relaxing ride.

Way to ruin peoples fun. That was just rude. Your not very fun at all. And how do you know what people have ridden and what they haven't ridden. I've ridden it, and loved it. And I'm sure TONS of people from this site will ride it once it's officially back open.

Including Robb and Elissa, sorry ya'll lucked out for the '04 Japan trip .

You know I'm going to study Japanology next year and I'm able to study my last year in Japan. So in 3 years, I'll be accepting your apologies

And by the way, an enjoyable relaxing ride. Ok enjoyable, I agree. But relaxing? Being 320 feet up in the sky doesn't really relaxes me!

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nagashima-onsen.co.jp/data/e2_1_1.html#1

translation:

Merely now, we put off operation. We have become undecided concerning future operation. Acknowledgement. Steel dragon 2000 concerning driving and reopening trial run reopening schedule: Around 2006 earlier August barracks industry re-opening schedule: Around 2006 middle of August

So for all you doubters: it's now official!!!