TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Steel Dragon 2000 is open!

^ Which is why I'm getting down there ASAP to ride the dang thing! (Next Friday, I hope.)

As for Japan?

I call it the land of a million mediocre coasters. There are a lot of 'em here, but 90% really are pretty boring. I've had the fortune of living here for the past three years, and it is easy to get anywhere in this country by public transit. (Much like Europe in that one regard.)

As for ACErs? I am subscribed to that magazine, but I've never been to an event. There's one member that I am in contact frequently, and she's very nice. There are some members I've met that I didn't get along with. I think it's true of any bunch that the noisiest members are the ones you wouldn't want to hang out with.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general I think people need to take the good with the bad when it comes to any club or association. I know how it is in ACE but if everyone is scared off then the problem ACEers continue to be stick out and there is no new blood in the club to help overshadow the bad apples. On TPR there are a few things I don't care for but in general it's great. Both ACE and more recently TPR have some pull with the parks and they both offer some unique content, whether paper or online, so why not take advantage of it? Same goes for other clubs like ECC.

I'm in ACE but I partake the ACE humor as much as anti-ACE people. But don't think there are not some TPR stereotypes because there are. Some good, some bad. It happens with most organizations that grow to a certain size.

As far as BMRX goes, I liked it because I thought it was the best coaster in Japan. Only Aska was in the running as most coasters are just OK in Japan. Jetline at Grona Lund is a better model than BMRX but Lisebergbanan is clearly better than both IMHO. People have different tastes and I really don't think most of the BMRX opinions came out *just* because TPR in particular hadn't been there. That's not to say I haven't heard overinflated opinions of rare credits along those lines but I think it's been more of a generalized thing rather than aimed at any one person or group.