• Silver Bullet
    • Great Bear
    • Montu
    • Katun
    • Pyrenees
    • Talon
    • Volcano
    • Tornado (Särkänniemi)
    • Torando (Parque de Atracciones Madrid)
    • Impule with 1 twisted spike (V2 and clones)
    • Wicked Twister
    • Linear Gale
    • Raptor or Orochi
    • Shenlin
    • Jubilee Odyssey

To be honest, i've never ridden an invert! But My first Invert will be the SLC at Blackpool i'm crying because a few days later I will be in Alton Towers and riding NEMESIS and i wanted that to be my first one. But I don't want to miss out on Infusion at blackpool because it is a blackpool coaster.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta give this one to Raptor, mostly because I've only ridden 3 other ineverts, one of which was a Vekoma. B&M is definately creaming the competition, and rightfully so! After all, they did invent the inverted coaster (I am a B&M fanboy though...).

I'm a Montu fan all the way, although I really loved Nemesis when I finally got to it last summer. The batwing element is so fantastically powerful, it surprised the crap out of me! Even having had ridden other batwing elements, like Afterburner at Carowinds, I have never felt anything quite like Montu's. That and the theming/tunnels made me choose it.

• 3 weeks later...

I like this poll, mine is Alpengeist because of location and how massive it is, I definitely would like to get over to Europe to try Nemesis, Nemesis Inferno, and get over to Black Mamba. Here is my list:

1) Alpengeist

2) Montu

3) Volcano

4) Afterburn

5) Talon

6) Great Bear

7) Raptor

8) Dueling Dragons: Ice

9) Dueling Dragons: Fire

10) Batman the Ride

11) SLCs

Been on a lot, love these rides

Montu. That was easy

Although, personally, Talon doesn't seem to be getting enough love. It was hard deciding between the two. Heard a lot of good things about Nemesis. Hope to try it out one day.

I do agree (Since I have not ridden Montu, Talon was an easy call for me. )

1. Talon (smoothest inverted I ever did, wooooosh)

2. Alpengeist (Stretched out large loveliness)

3. Volcano (I thought i was just fun being catapulted out of the volcano, pity there are so many rolls in the same direction)

4. Black Mamba (Small footprint, nice G's, riding through the groundworks, although the Zero G roll use to be more zero G in the beginning.)

5. Raptor (When Monster was announced it made one european smile very broadly. Export the good stuff I say.)

6. Nemesis (very nicely themed, nice elements, my first B&M, misses a great first drop IMHO)

7. Batman The Ride (Pack those G's in there, very nice nighttime ride)

8. Nemesis Inferno (Nemesis smaller brother.)

While my top few here are VERY close...here are the ones I've been on

1. Montu (sadly, my first ride was just a few weeks ago and the MCBR was on HARD...but still some great forces)

2. Talon (almost a perfect invert...if only it had a Batwing and was a little longer)

3. Raptor (again almost perfect...amazing forces)

4. Dueling Dragons Fire/Chinese Fireball (I'd have to say the airtime hill is the only *slow* moment the whole ride)

5. Alpengeist (this was actually a real let-down for me...good coaster, but I expected a LOT more out of 200 feet)

6. Dueling Dragons Ice (zero g roll and cobra roll against the castle wall elements are both awesome...too bad the ending is so slow)

7. Great Bear (sky helix is cool...some decent elements, but too much straight track)

8. BTR (Great Adventure) (cool and forceful layout...just a little too short for my liking)

I have to say, though...inverts are pretty much the best overall "genre" of coaster out there. I can re-ride a B&M invert over and over and have a great time.

My ranking of the rides that I've been on:

1. Raptor

2. Flight Deck (CGA)

3. Silver Bullet

4. Wicked Twister

5. Deja Vu

6. V2: Vertical Velocity (SFDK)

7. Invertigo (CGA)

8. Batman the Ride (SFMM)

-big gap-

9. Kong (SLC at SFDK)

• 3 years later...