TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tacos or Burritos?

arlen23

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"chimmichangas from somis cafe" (sfmmFREAK)

That place is four miles up the road from my house---and, believe it or not, I've never been there! But I've heard great things about it!

Anyway, I'll take a good combo burrito from almost anywhere over a taco.

Eric

"chimmichangas from somis cafe" (sfmmFREAK)

That place is four miles up the road from my house---and, believe it or not, I've never been there! But I've heard great things about it!

Anyway, I'll take a good combo burrito from almost anywhere over a taco.

Eric

you live in camarillo, and have never been to somis cafe!?!?!?! shame on you

Um, are we talking pathetic fast-food stabs at authentic Tex-Mex food, or the mouthwatering al pastor San-Francisco-Mission-style burrito from Taqueria San Jose (named by Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine as the world's best taqueria), conveniently located three blocks from my house?

Oh. I completely forgot about this one local place we have not far from my house. It's called Viva Taqueria (A take out stand, with a full service restaurant section called Viva Cantina), and it was started by a Mexican-American who moved here years ago. I actually washed dishes there briefly, and got to fry up some nacho chips too.

I never tried their tacos, but their burritos are HUGE, filled with the meat of your choice, including Chorizo, which is hard to find in a restaurant around here, and all other kinds of good stuff. They even have a selection of hot sauces made from different peppers you can use.

It's some of the best Mexican food I've ever tasted, and the restaurant was recently voted as having the town's best Happy Hour.

Um, are we talking pathetic fast-food stabs at authentic Tex-Mex food, or the mouthwatering al pastor San-Francisco-Mission-style burrito from Taqueria San Jose (named by Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine as the world's best taqueria), conveniently located three blocks from my house?

Yours sounds better.

Actually, we have a wonderful Mexican restaurant (Tio Pepe's, been around for nearly 20 years now!)) 2 blocks from us here. I love their food in general, but the burittos are wooooonnnnnnderful. (smacks lips) And it's served to you in a nice tiny atmosphere of music and 'okay' kind of decor....

Mmmm.