TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best Arrow Suspended Coaster

What do you think is the best Arrow Suspended Coaster?  

449 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best Arrow Suspended Coaster?

• Big Bad Wolf (BGW)
    • Eagle Fortress (Everland)
    • Hayabusa (Tokyo SummerLand)
    • Iron Dragon (CP)
    • Ninja (SFMM)
    • Top Gun (PKI)
    • Vampire (Chessington World of Adventures)
    • Vortex (PCW)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two good things I can say about Top Gun (PKI) are:

1) The first drop is pretty good, and the second drop into the valley is not bad either.

2) No matter how many times I ride that coaster in the front seats, that last swing into the brake run freaks me out everytime. I always feel like were gonna smack into the supports.

Two bad things are...

1) It's too short!

2) Most of the theming is gone, or those parts of the ques are no longer used.

Yea, those two drop are amazing, and the sway power it gets is also awesome! Yes, it is extremely underestimated bacause of its short ride. Reasor for it not have long lines is it has a good crew usually and people dont really wana take the hike back to it. Theming taken down? Or replaced by the Mach3 shaver?!

I like how it is almost two different rides

-Front seat feels like you are going extremely fast...super sway power.

-Back seat gives and awesome pop of airtime on the first drop and extreme sway power at the turn around by SOB

There is nothing quite as fine as riding BBW at night during a full moon when fog develops- guaranteed to be one of the best rides anytime, anywhere- and certainly one of the best designed rides of all time.

I took a friend on BBW for the first time a year ago- and he screamed like a little girl- I wish I had my camera!

Out of Top Gun, BBW, and Iron Dragon, I easily have to go with Top Gun.

The ride has an excellent pace and crazy swinging. It's just too bad it has developed such a rattle. Still a really fun ride though.

BBW seems to be a popular one, but it just doesn't get it done for me. The First half of the ride is too slow and boring and then it gets interrupted with and even slower and more boring lift hill, followed by 10 seconds of what is a pretty good ride. Too little, too late. Still a fun ride though.

• 2 months later...

I've been on Ninja and Iron Dragon. Ninja was loads of fun, so it gets my vote. From what I know, though, PKI's Top Gun looks like it's really fantastic.

Does anyone else think that this kind of ride should be brought back?

My favorite is big bad wolf, but my girlfriend's is Ninja at SFMM by far. She LOVED it on our recent (first) trip to California, we took 7 rides on it over 2 days including front deat rides in the dark, which I too can say make the ride 100 times better.

The pic that came with this (Pg 5) proves one major thing, Ninja REALLY needed the amazing paint job that it got! With the paint Job it looks amazing and is really starting to get noticed. I love the ride alot because of its good use of terrain and pretty much non-stop movement until the end. I think its better to have the Lift at the end and it doesnt really matter that much to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe Iron dragon tops the rest. The ride might not be the fastest coaster out there but it is a damn fine ride. I love the mist when your over the water at the end of the ride, I think it adds a lot to the ride. Its a simple ride but a fun one.

11 people voted for Iron Dragon? That ride runs so slowly a hamster farting could valley it.

It may be slow but I still think its fun and a great ride.

Have you been on any other Arrow suspended coasters?

11 people voted for Iron Dragon? That ride runs so slowly a hamster farting could valley it.

It may be slow but I still think its fun and a great ride.

Have you been on any other Arrow suspended coasters?

I have been on Ninja, vortex and BBW, out of those three I still think Iron Dragon is my favorite. I like the other ones but they are not near as much fun as Iron Dragon.