TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

I'm thinking of going to Knoebels next Sunday (Memorial Day weekend), does anybody think that's like a horrible idea? I've been there on very crowded days before and it hasn't been a big problem, but I just wanted to see if anybody has had different experiences or thinks that Memorial Day weekend crowds would be large enough to actually put a damper on the day.

Thanks in advance!

Had a great short trip to knoebels today. Flying turns still really fun and unique; it look liked it kept a full queue for the duration of our stay. Twisters new track work is noticeable, seemed to keep its speed up. Also got a ride on stratosphere, got to love arm/larson drop towers. Last but not least a couple rides on phoenix, air time buffet and all.

On the way out noticed that the power surge was still missing, and another ride was waiting for parts. Pictures below.

IMG_0621.thumb.jpeg.1bd052ea49d55ffc5fc4add3e6b1fb69.jpeg

European parts you say?

IMG_2213.thumb.jpeg.84f1dc2150147bc0e70895cb4b8a28ad.jpeg

Soon?

IMG_4948.thumb.jpeg.5948af00ed168fbf1c0d102fa1b63016.jpeg

Something's missing here.

IMG_7698.thumb.jpeg.decb7689f5481a7328dcc41027c3ffa3.jpeg

Oh we will

When I return next month I guess Ill need to make it on the drop tower one of the only major rides there I haven't been on yet. Great pictures but its hard to restrain myself from joy of impulse construction! I know its not for a while but just the idea of such a cool looking coaster from a great manufacturer in that area of the park is so cool. In my opinion not too big and not too small. Knoebels is simply amazing! ill be going for many years to come!

Going to be at knoebels a week from Tuesday(27th) for my first time ever and if anyone is going to be in the area and wants to show a rookie around feel free to pm me.

just a few tips

-Play fascination (in my opinion a slightly underrated aspect of the park

-dont eat too much food at once just try and sample everything in smaller portions because trust me youll want alot of food

-try and ride all the cool flat rides like the amazing bumper cars, The flying scooters, looper etc.

-most of all try not to rush!

I already have some money set aside just for fascination and am loving the awesome selection of old school and oddball rides that you don't see anywhere else. I just hope that I don't exit the fascination parlor look at my watch and am shocked that a couple hours have gone by. It is going to be tough to narrow it down the food selection a little because of what I have seen they have there, it all sounds awesome. Also going to make sure to get in at least five or so rides on the phoenix. Going to see if it can give the voyage a run for its money as my #1 wood.

Yup agreed on the fascination! I definitely like phoenix not only for the airtime but also for the whole real old style roller coaster experience. Ive never been to holiday world yet though I hope to soon but the only wooden coaster ive been on that I would rank higher than phoenix is boulder dash but even that I may change my mind some days you know and el toro is a spot behind both phoenix and boulder dash

I love the not so subtle "don't blame us" on that sign

I've seen a few cases of terrible (cough italian) factories taking an age to get parts for rides out during operating seasons, must be a real pain for the parks!

^ It's the Same Way with Most European Ride Manufacturers and it's not really their Fault. The problem is actually with China. China has pretty much over taken the Bearinfg Market by underselling the European Market putting them out of business. Now China has driven up the price and demand for bearings and if a Gearbox needs repairs, they must wait to get a bearing from china which now takes months instead of weeks.

Going to be at knoebels a week from Tuesday(27th) for my first time ever and if anyone is going to be in the area and wants to show a rookie around feel free to pm me.

Get their early. As a non-gated park, you can take a relaxing stroll around the park while it's still quiet before things start to open. It's a great way to see the park without feeling like you're missing out on ride time. Ride the coasters either in the morning or afternoon/evening. The park typically only adds second trains if the line gets to a certain point and typically they don't hit that point until mid afternoon. Once they hit that point, with two trains, the lines fly, but if you get their at the awkward time just before they hit that point (usually around lunch), you might find yourself waiting a bit with only one train running. Hit the log flume... I think it's one of the better non-Orlando ones out there...

It wouldn't be spring without Knoebels waiting on parts for something from Zamperla!

Ha, not the first time I've seen Zamperla to blame. I've run into the same issue with a powered Dragon coaster of all things.

I love the not so subtle "don't blame us" on that sign

I've seen a few cases of terrible (cough italian) factories taking an age to get parts for rides out during operating seasons, must be a real pain for the parks!

It's all Europe's fault. The sign said so.

• 2 weeks later...

well, we're actually pretty excited. . as it appears that our trip to Knobel's next weekend is going to coincide with:

"the Carousel Organ Festival"

sure, it likely will make the park more crowded, but how wonderful that it just worked out that we're in the park that day!

^I've always wanted to coincide with a band organ rally. Let us know how it was!

it was WONDERFUL. . and most of the carts were selling CDs of the music they were playing.

Some of them were a bit too close to each other, resulting in some bleed (but I loved they used the empty PowerSurge pad for one of em. . of COURSE I got a pic, right next to the sign saying Power Surge was out ).

the place was PACKED. . I mean. . really, really, really packed. It poured last night, but luckily we were able to squeeze in a few of the big things (Phoenix, Black Diamond, Haunted House before it got so bad. . so the only real "wait" we had today was Flying Turns. . and we knocked that out early, so the wait was only from opening, until they got it up and running at around 11:30 am.

when we left, it still had a 2 hour plus line. . not worth 2 hours, but I enjoyed it as the first thing we rode today.

all in all, a great park, and i loved almost all of the food we tried!

^I've always wanted to coincide with a band organ rally. Let us know how it was!

it was WONDERFUL. . and most of the carts were selling CDs of the music they were playing.

Good stuff! I have some albums, myself, though I don't think it's something I'd care to invest much more in. Having the whole authentic experience is more fun, with the records just bringing back some of the memories.

I absolutely adore carousel organs, I wish I could have been there even for that.

They always have one at GroveFest where I live and since it's a travelling one, the condition isn't great, but it still makes great music.