Millenium Force

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight from the Cedar Point site:

1. Tallest roller coaster (310 feet)

2. Fastest roller coaster (93 mph)

3. Longest drop on a roller coaster (300 feet)

4. Most roller coasters at one park (14)

5. Most rides at one park (sixty-eight)

6. First roller coaster to top 300 feet

7. Most steel roller coasters at one park (12)

8. Most roller coaster track at one park (44, 013 feet)

9. First coaster to utilize elevator lift system

10. Steepest non-inversion banked turn on a roller coaster (122 degrees)

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/inside_park/rides/thrill/millennium/mffacts.cfm

I think MF is an OK coaster...I put it #1 on my list but that's only because I've only been to CP and Geauga Lake. The first drop is awesome, even the swiftness going up the cable lift is a fun part of the ride. The Gs you pull in the first overbank are pretty intense, the hills going to/returning from the island give some nice airtime (although not as good as it used to be...), and that little bunny hill that runs parallel to the station is another nice pop. But other than that, I feel the layout is kinda boring after riding it a dozen or so times. The whole turnaround section is really dull, and I just feel they could've done more as far as a big twist of steel on the island and made it a lot more intense.

It's overrated, but still probably the best coaster in the park.

Yeah the first drop kicks ass but after that it's pretty lame. No air, no variation of speed or direction, jsut a bunch of track headin back to the station. Not the worst coaster ever by any means but not nearly the best either.

Bingo.

These descriptions of MF from those of you who don't like it sound more like TTD. One trick pony, airless, first drop then track to the station.

MF is the blue one! TTD is red and white.

MF is my #1 coaster because of all the airtime I get, the overbanks, the tunnels, the ground hugging at speed and the overall smoothness of the ride.

Which part isn't to like?

How can it be the 1st over 300 feet?

I'm 100% sure that superman opened before it.

perhaps it meant full circuit?

Yeah, that's what it means. In all of the records that I've ever seen posted, it says "highest and fastest full circuit coaster". Because, Superman in SFMM was 400ft and 100mph, making it the tallest and fastest...technically.

^^ It's the only giga coaster techically.

I've never understood why more of them haven't been built. The rocket coaster gets built like crazy regardless of reliability problems. But yet the giga coaster which is a much more rounded, and more exciting ride doesn't?

I'd love to see a layout like S:ROS @ SFNE, but with Millienium Forces drop. The wicked first drop is the only thing S:ROS lacks.

Hypers/megas and especially gigas are not built more often because they are so expensive. Unless it's a large park with plenty of money to spend like CP, a giga doesn't really make sense when a cheaper and smaller hyper does the basically same thing and will be just as impressive to the GP. And I'm pretty sure Cedar Point never advertised MF as the tallest continuous circuit coaster. They said and meant the tallest coaster period. That was during a period where CP claimed S:TE was not a coaster at all.

Straight from the Cedar Point site:

1. Tallest roller coaster (310 feet)

2. Fastest roller coaster (93 mph)

3. Longest drop on a roller coaster (300 feet)

4. Most roller coasters at one park (14)

5. Most rides at one park (sixty-eight)

6. First roller coaster to top 300 feet

7. Most steel roller coasters at one park (12)

8. Most roller coaster track at one park (44, 013 feet)

9. First coaster to utilize elevator lift system

10. Steepest non-inversion banked turn on a roller coaster (122 degrees)

1 S:TE is faster

2 S:TE is taller

3 S:TE drops you farther (315 ft)

4 Fine by me. fair record.

5 I guess this is ok...

6 they have this, longest drop, AND tallest rollercoater? THis one, however, is the worst, i mean there is no significance about that number, nor would it matter if there was! its a random number that happens to end in two zeros. No ride should be able keep a record like "first ride to go over __ft." its just stupid! take this or the height record, take your pick, you cant have both.

7 This one is also kinda stupid, but at least more accpetable... they have this and most coasters...

8 ... wow, just wow. i mean please, that's retarded!

9 I'll give it this, its not particularly significant, but... ok... (unless there WAS a coaster in japan with a elevator lift...)

10 I for some reason i doubt this, and its not easy to prove, because what one considers an inversion can vary....

I'll let the S:TE ones slide because it's deabateable, (but honestly i think that it deffinatly is a coaster, it feels like a drop tower because you fall down a track? well high roller felt like a carousel because all it did was go around in circles and go up and down. besides im sure they count the wicked twister as a coaster...)

but there tweaking the same records and making them new ones... thats my main gripe.

Nothing personal against Cedar fair or cedar point. many parks do this. i just wanted to point some things out...