TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Millenium Force

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These descriptions of MF from those of you who don't like it sound more like TTD. One trick pony, airless, first drop then track to the station.

MF is the blue one! TTD is red and white.

MF is my #1 coaster because of all the airtime I get, the overbanks, the tunnels, the ground hugging at speed and the overall smoothness of the ride.

Which part isn't to like?

Actually, TTD does give more air than MF imo. The drop on MF isnt enough to do it for me. Ive got who knows how many rides on it since its my home park. I even got to ride it before Media Day the year it opened. Sure it was good and fun the first few years but its somewhat boring. I can go 70-75 legally in my car which would be the average speed of MF. Plus going over train tracks at 40mph will give me more airtime than on any other part of MF besides the drop.

Anthony "used to be a fanboy" Harrison

Yeah, I really didn't like it either. It seemed to just be too fast for me. The wind was hitting me so hard that it made it hard to breathe, and I couldn't really keep my eyes open. And to add insult to injury, there was no airtime! After all the fuss that was made about it, I was truly floored at how lame it was. It was an extremely uncomfortable ride. I'd ride it again, but not because I enjoyed it that much.

-Julie

YAY, I knew that I have read it some where, and after some searches I found it.

The now dismantled coaster "Double Loop" at Fuji-Q had one when it was built 1988.

http://www.rcdb.com/id1191.htm

http://www.coastergallery.com/japan/FH07.html

So sorry MF.

Weird. I rode this 4 times before it was shut down, and I never noticed this. I guess I just wasn't looking for it.

Not only in Japan, but also in Europe there are many, very old classics, that use a cable lift. But MF was the first one to use this modern version.

Personally I absolutely LOVE MF (as many people might have noticed), but I can understand why people don't like. I'm an absolute speed freak, and on no other coaster do you get such a nice speed rush like on MF. I really don't care much about airtime. It's nice, but it's not a must for me. I just love how MF keeps up the speed on this huge length of track, and that without a single brakerun or trim in between until the end.

So, if you absolutely love air and don't care about smooth, unintense and fast turns, then I see why you don't like it

airless? i dont know where you rode this, or when, but my last ride (summer 05) on it was DEFINATELY not airless, then again, i'm skinny and rode front car, front row, right hand side

dear lord, first drop ejector and plenty of floater over the 2 in the TA section and decent ejector-esque air on the hill by the station

i love mf, i hate ttd, or did you know that already?

well thats Japan... so in America it still owns the record....

America is not the world, and it doesn't state, "In America" so nyah. Anyway, I too am in the MF sucks camp. However, seeing as how I haven't ridden it yet (I will soon), I am only basing this on how the layout looks. Sure, the first drop looks and according to many people IS awesome, but it seems to me that the rest of the ride is actually just a bunch of meandering back towards the station through various overbanks and whatnot. I'm hoping that it isn't just "meandering" and packs a punch. However, I maintain my reservations towards the ride.

airless? i dont know where you rode this, or when, but my last ride (summer 05) on it was DEFINATELY not airless, then again, i'm skinny and rode front car, front row, right hand side

dear lord, first drop ejector and plenty of floater over the 2 in the TA section and decent ejector-esque air on the hill by the station

i love mf, i hate ttd, or did you know that already?

Maybe not airless, but nowhere on the ride you get "ejector air". I think you need to be taught what good airtime is

It has air, but all it has is long, unintense floater air...

But yes, me too doesn't like TTD as much as Millie...

These descriptions of MF from those of you who don't like it sound more like TTD. One trick pony, airless, first drop then track to the station.

MF is the blue one! TTD is red and white.

MF is my #1 coaster because of all the airtime I get, the overbanks, the tunnels, the ground hugging at speed and the overall smoothness of the ride.

Which part isn't to like?

Actually, TTD does give more air than MF imo. The drop on MF isnt enough to do it for me. Ive got who knows how many rides on it since its my home park. I even got to ride it before Media Day the year it opened. Sure it was good and fun the first few years but its somewhat boring. I can go 70-75 legally in my car which would be the average speed of MF. Plus going over train tracks at 40mph will give me more airtime than on any other part of MF besides the drop.

Anthony "used to be a fanboy" Harrison

Well, that's you own fault that you think its boring as I think you've just over ridden it, and then one day just went on it and realised it just wasn't doing it for you anymore. Anyways, I think that MF would be more fun going at 70 mph than in your car, its more of appreciating it for what it is rather than what it isn't. WHat it is, is a 310 foot monster that plows you over over the top into an intense overbank followed by some speed hills there for the sake of splitting up the intensity of the ride with some air time. Its meant really for flying at high speeds with something that is a lot more bare than your car, but safer than a motorcycle, and it can go off the ground which unless your jumping off of a huge ramp on your motor cycle, can't be done otherwise.

I think the main problem with Millennium Force is that we as enthusiasts are so trained to look for specific things like airtime and intensity that when we come across a roller coaster that does not meet that criteria we just close our minds off to it. This is one case where the gp has a definite edge over us. They don't all have that mental checklist of elements we use to compare and critique different coasters, so their opinion is based solely off the ride experience itself. It's that open-minded aproach that allows the gp to appreciate different aspects of some rides that many enthusiasts have lost the ability to recognize.

Millennium Force does have a few spots of airtime and it does have several areas where the forces are quite intense, but the fact that neither of these are in abundance and priority is instead given to constant speed tends to turn off people before they even give the ride a chance. This causes a lot of us to have pre-conceived opinions of MF that then overshadow what the ride is actually like. Who really cares if Millennium Force caters to a different set of criteria than what a bunch of coaster fans on the internet have decided is what a coaster should be. Just sit back and enjoy a unique set of thrills that cannot be found anywhere else on the planet.

I think the main problem with Millennium Force is that we as enthusiasts are so trained to look for specific things like airtime and intensity that when we come across a roller coaster that does not meet that criteria we just close our minds off to it. This is one case where the gp has a definite edge over us. They don't all have that mental checklist of elements we use to compare and critique different coasters, so their opinion is based solely off the ride experience itself. It's that open-minded aproach that allows the gp to appreciate different aspects of some rides that many enthusiasts have lost the ability to recognize.

This is why I like to go to parks with neophytes whenever possible! It's more fun for me!