TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TGE - SLC 06 (SFAWs)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to get so much brain damage on my east coast trip...

Why would SF place a SLC at Great Escape when SFDL has one about an hour away? I am not complaining about it (hey, it's a credit right), but why would SF place a clone of a coaster in a family park when there is one not far away in a major park?

I wonder which park will draw the short straw for Astroworld's Togo Death Machine (if they don't scrap it).

People in the upstate new york / new england area are going to all have cauliflower ears from all the SLC's. Are you allowed to wear a crash helmet on rides?

I'm heading up north to Warner Bros Movie World this weekend for my SLC punishment.

Well.. TGE - SLC, SFNE - Swat and DF, and SFSTl - Freefall tower. 4 rides so far

Yeah I know. I was referring to some of the other coasters and stuff. Thanks though James.

I get a bad feeling most of them are going to be scrapped though. Seeing how a lot of the rides have already traveled around a lot and/or their manufacturer doesn't exist anymore.

when SFDL has one about an hour away?

If you think TGE is only an hour from SFDL.. Your way off....

From Mapquest...

Start

Darien Center, NY 14040, US Revise | New Directions

End

Lake George, NY 12845, US Revise | New Directions

Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 1 minute

Total Est. Distance: 288.66 miles

Scrapped Rides (unless someone purchases them):

Texas Cyclone (For free, if you can cover removal costs)

Greezed Lightning (For sale)

Viper (For sale)

Ultra Twister (For sale - likely to be scrapped)

Batman: The Escape (For sale now .. likely to be scrapped)

Thunder River (Not really for sale, but parts of the ride except the boats are for sale)

Dentzel Carousel (For sale, most popular item tho according to Joyce at the park .. Knoebel's has called on it as well .. 1894 Dentzel)

It's probably an accounting issue. Newer rides may not yet be fully depreciated, whereas an old ride can be scrapped with minimal if any effect to the company's earnings statement.

To put it another way: There's much more incentive to place or sell a newer ride, since it holds more value as an asset.

Scrapped Rides (unless someone purchases them):

Texas Cyclone (For free, if you can cover removal costs)

Greezed Lightning (For sale)

Viper (For sale)

Ultra Twister (For sale - likely to be scrapped)

Batman: The Escape (For sale now .. likely to be scrapped)

Thunder River (Not really for sale, but parts of the ride except the boats are for sale)

Dentzel Carousel (For sale, most popular item tho according to Joyce at the park .. Knoebel's has called on it as well .. 1894 Dentzel)

Where are they at sale at, like are they on a website. If no, how would you find out how much they are and everyting.

-Jake

Being that this is my home park I'm very excited. Any new addition is welcome. Six Flags has certainly done quite a bit with TGE since they took over.

This will be another great year for the park. The hotel should be opening in February and believe me, it really looks great. The parking lots and pedestrian bridge should be finished by the time the park opens. Yes there is now a $5 parking fee but it could be a lot worse.

On a side note, I wouldn't count on the SLC being erected by the 2006 season. Sure it could happen and that would be great. As of now it hasn't been approved, let alone presented to the town of Queensbury. I would guess it will show up for the 2007 season.

Also, as someone already said SFDL is about 5 hours from TGE. SFNE is a little under 2 1/2 hours. So although SFDL is quite a drive, SFNE is closer. In fact, SFNE and TGE are the two closest Six Flags parks in the chain. I was kind of hoping because of that we would be "exempt" from getting the SLC.

Either way I won't complain. I look forward to watching this develop. I'm interested to find out where it will be put in, when it will be installed, the theme, etc.

-Jake

I don't think SLCs are that bad. Sure they are rough as hell, but the layout is very good, and almost (to me) makes up for the roughness. Besides, to the GP, this would seem like a very good addition, especially for a park that appeals mostly to locals.

Also, it looks likely now that Ultra Twister is going somewhere. I am reading from Astroworld sites from people involved in demolition that the switchback has been removed, and various wires and cables have been taken out, looks like they are in a hurry to move it.