TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, Woodie Warrior said:

They commented on Facebook that they'll announce the Joker retheme in 2 weeks.

I am now taking bets as to whether the new theme for this or I305 is announced first.

1 hour ago, CaptainUnknown said:

I am now taking bets as to whether the new theme for this or I305 is announced first.

Yes but between 305, Thunder Strike and ??? which will have the worst theming?

Thunder Strike is off to an early lead. 

It will remain a season long "Project" until it's announced as one of Six Flags' tallest fastest coasters for 2025. Get ready for actioned packed thrills on Mrs. Flash. People will continue to debate whether Mrs. Flash or Green Lantern Girl at Six Flags Charlotte is better. 

On 3/12/2024 at 10:03 AM, Danrarbc said:

Still no announcement of Old-Joker’s name. But we can see one of the new colors. IMG_0006.thumb.jpeg.5a24d9b53eec579c1c9164e9bb34581e.jpeg

Since they're painting it red, I'm assuming Flash themed, so....eh. But maybe I'll be surprised. I mean they did open RR without theming it to anything DC so there's always a chance.

4 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

Since they're painting it red, I'm assuming Flash themed, so....eh. But maybe I'll be surprised. I mean they did open RR without theming it to anything DC so there's always a chance.

Buccaneer also had a fair amount of red IIRC.

Would DC sign off on a re-theme given the "standards" they have on theming projects? Would Six Flags want to expend that kind of budget on such a thing? 

3 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Buccaneer also had a fair amount of red IIRC.

Would DC sign off on a re-theme given the "standards" they have on theming projects? Would Six Flags want to expend that kind of budget on such a thing? 

You know I just really don't remember what the color scheme was on Buccaneer. Far as I know you are correct. Was the boat part wood looking? Like a real boat? Or did I just invent that? No idea what DC would do! I'm not butt hurt about some DC theming in the park but I also don't want only DC theming so hopefully I am wrong.

They have to have redone most of roofs in the park these last few years at this point.

Those EV chargers in the parking lot really stick out like a sore thumb with the really old asphalt surface.

image.png.0888f49e67db5175bd79a6783ef48334.png

I'm curious how/if they enforce parking for ev's only at the chargers. We have a Tesla and while we won't need the ones here since we are local, we have been to other parks where while not a necessity it would have been nice to be able to use the chargers but they were always being used by non ev cars. 

48 minutes ago, teacherkim said:

I'm curious how/if they enforce parking for ev's only at the chargers. We have a Tesla and while we won't need the ones here since we are local, we have been to other parks where while not a necessity it would have been nice to be able to use the chargers but they were always being used by non ev cars. 

All of the spaces in the photo are in Preferred. If they make the EV chargers a Preferred perk this means there’s a security associate present. They can block those spaces and then open them one by one for individual vehicles. 

17 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

All of the spaces in the photo are in Preferred. If they make the EV chargers a Preferred perk this means there’s a security associate present. They can block those spaces and then open them one by one for individual vehicles. 

Ok, I'm glad you said that because I thought they were all in preferred too, then someone somewhere (probably FB) said they were in general and I thought maybe I was interpreting the picture incorrectly. Yes, if that is the case it will be easier to control. At SFOG last summer (and to be fair we were there on an insanely busy day) they are all in general and every single one of them was being iced. I don't think people were necessarily trying to be asses, there were just very few spots and I think they took a chance assuming the park wouldn't make it a priority. And they weren't. We didn't have to charge because we almost always stay at a hotel that has a destination charger since they are quite numerous now, but it would have been convenient.

Actually the post was on Facebook. Six flags themselves said they were in the general lot which is weird since the picture clearly shows them in the preferred lot. Either they made a mistake or the whole lot is general now. 

• Thanks 1

They confirmed to me on FB that these games are indeed gone for a shaded seating area. They said that in recent years these weren't as popular. Uhhh, yeah, no kidding 🙄   I really think they oversaturated themselves with the games and glad to see that they are toning those down. A small number of game booths are fun and create some atmosphere, too many and it gets very carnival like/cheesy looking in my opinion. And of course they are a massive rip off, as any carny will tell you. I'm assuming they were also seeing a diminished return for the cost of operating as fewer people were willing to blow extra money on games that are very difficult to near impossible to win. I do wish they would put a real arcade in somewhere and not just the claw machines and their equivalents. I'm guessing you would get traffic on those.

6 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

The park has continued to post updates all week. Nothing on the new Joker name though. 

They just posted on FB a few hours ago. Going back to the original name The Buccaneer!!!!

• Thanks 1

FYI - not my pic, that is from the FB post, thought I should clarify. Meant to post it the other day. Instead of going to church we are going to the park with the other sinners on Sunday, so I'll post a quick trip report afterwards. First time my son is going back as a civilian, lol. 

• Like 2