TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

There are very little employees at the park that know what's coming in 2020, and none of them would take the time to create an account on here just to post "It's not a coaster."

If it's not a small-scale coaster I'm not sure what other marketable flats we're missing at this point.

There are very little employees at the park that know what's coming in 2020, and none of them would take the time to create an account on here just to post "It's not a coaster."

If it's not a small-scale coaster I'm not sure what other marketable flats we're missing at this point.

I didn’t create the account to just post “It’s not a coaster.” Also the announcement for all the parks isn’t that far out. A lot of people know what is coming to each park. These things get planned far out. Though everything is subject to change and does change rapidly.

I created this account to give actually insight to what is going on at the park from someone actually at the park. I’ll move on and do other things with my time instead.

Edited by SFSTLInsider

I’m sorry, but when your name is “SFSTLInsider” and your account was aptly created on July 9, 2019, right around when we started this discussion, your credibility is questionable.

It’s not that I dislike what you’re saying, because I know it’s the safe bet you can say every year. Long ago, I gave up hoping for a new coaster. In fact, the thought that we will be getting a new addition in 2020 didn’t even cross my mind at all until this week, probably because you can’t get too imaginative with this park, and the fact that I’m still just waiting for current rides to reopen. We haven’t had any signs of future editions this season, and the park’s playing catchup right now it appears anyway.

Yes, I did however have I moment a couple pages ago where I thought “you know, maybe this could actually be it” because there’s to me nothing to say we may not get one of the two off-the-shelf coasters this year. If Six Flags is going to add more FreeSpins, our turn is about up. The Raptor is a lot more speculative. But if either doesn’t happen, I’m not going to care. All the other ideas thrown around here have been great - especially the Discovery - another one we’re on the short list for if any more are coming.

If it weren’t that I’m at school 45 mins down the road now, I would not have renewed my pass for this year. And depending on the circumstances with our newly founded coaster club at my school, I may or may not renew this fall. I was already about at my end with SFSTL last season. This year has treated me well, though: USH and Knotts in Jan (both surprises), CP in June, Carowinds last week, WoF still to come later this summer. SDC might be in the works for August, too. I realized after last year’s KK/KI spree that I’d much rather travel a bit to nicer park than waste my time at SFSTL every year. I still haven’t even made it to HW yet, so I could finally hit that and bounce over to KI next year for the new giga coaster.

So yeah, you don’t have to tell me to be disappointed, because I’m going to be pretty happy next year regardless of what Six Flags does.

Edited by RollerManic

As far as trolling goes, saying SFStL isn't getting a coaster next year is playing it SUPER safe. Better than 99% chance of being right on that one.

Troll or not, I don't give a shit. I'm not paying attention to him in reference to this subject. We'll see what happens in August.

I’ll move on and do other things with my time instead.

YzD5yck.jpg

Edited by prozach626

I’m sorry, but when your name is “SFSTLInsider” and your account was aptly created on July 9, 2019, right around when we started this discussion, your credibility is questionable.

It’s not that I dislike what you’re saying, because I know it’s the safe bet you can say every year. Long ago, I gave up hoping for a new coaster. In fact, the thought that we will be getting a new addition in 2020 didn’t even cross my mind at all until this week, probably because you can’t get too imaginative with this park, and the fact that I’m still just waiting for current rides to reopen. We haven’t had any signs of future editions this season, and the park’s playing catchup right now it appears anyway.

Yes, I did however have I moment a couple pages ago where I thought “you know, maybe this could actually be it” because there’s to me nothing to say we may not get one of the two off-the-shelf coasters this year. If Six Flags is going to add more FreeSpins, our turn is about up. The Raptor is a lot more speculative. But if either doesn’t happen, I’m not going to care. All the other ideas thrown around here have been great - especially the Discovery - another one we’re on the short list for if any more are coming.

So yeah, you don’t have to tell me to be disappointed, because I’m going to be pretty happy next year regardless of what Six Flags does.

I agree a lot with this, no matter what we get this discussion has been fun and we ain't dreaming something impossible like a 300ft B&M Giga. We are always going to be let down by the final announcement, but we are fans and we are always dreaming of the what-if even though we know the park is not as loved by corporate. I am happy with the park, we have a solid set of rides, nothing is major broken, and the park just works for many.

My money’s on a discovery then. Can’t see anything else going in the park that isn’t a coaster.

You know one thing that no one has mentioned yet is the possibility of us getting a ABC Tourbillon(Cyborg Cyber Spin), Six Flags added a few last year to SFOT and SFGAd.

Edited by jamesk25

Hey guys. Just to let you know, I have inside information on what the park is getting next year. It's not going to be in all of the places where it makes sense not to be located. It's also not going to be a roller coaster where evidence of preparation would already likely have been seen. I can't tell you what it is. I'm risking my career just to provide you guys with a little worthless conversation. Also, what I know can change in an instant so I really don't know what the new addition will be even though I already know it but you don't know it but I know it but I can't let you know what it is that I know that I may not really know because no one knows if it will change and I can't let you know who I am or they will know and I know I'll be out of a job just to let you know I probably know nothing but I want pretend to keep you in the know. Please pay attention to me.

If I had my way. We would remove Tidal Wave, put an S&S 4D Free Spin in that location. Then remove Ninja and replace it with a custom RMC Raptor model. And then let Alan Shilke break some records with The Boss.

I don't write the checks though.

I think they should honestly use all that land up by Tidal Wave for the RMC Raptor, to me that makes more sense to use that land wisely, they can stick a S&S Free Spin somewhere else. Like others have mentioned, Ninja really ain't going anywhere, it runs mechanically fine and the upkeep on the ride is cheap. Plus it still is decent enough ride to keep tall non picky park guests happy, what would be better is to remove Axis Arcade and stick a Discovery there and complement the rides there.

A Raptor is meant for a tight layout, which is what the land Tidal Wave occupies would be perfect for, if they ever get rid of Ninja I would actually like to see a full size steel replacement there which probably will never happen in the next 15 years.

You guys are acting like Tidal Wave is going anywhere except backwards, with the new for 2020 Tidal Wave Reverse Splash. If you don't think that's a bid deal then you clearly haven't contemplated the likelihood of fireballs added next to the drop. Similar to when David Freese was a first ride on Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast, Jake Allen is going to promote the ride since his career has also gone backwards.

Ah, ok, I totally forgot about the Tourbillon rides. I'd think that is actually a VERY good possibility. Those things don't take up much room and probably carry a pretty low price tag, even compared to a Discovery. And I think the discussion for the new attraction has been very reasonable here, especially compared to some past years. I'd be ok with a Cyborg Spin as a flat and heck, now it's been brought up I'd say that's probably my odds-on-favorite to be put in. However, I'd be ecstatic if we landed a Discovery. If one of those suckers went in the back of the park, that would be a hell of a view. Probably a best case for the park actually.

If we do get something bigger, next year would probably be our best chance given the anniversary.

I agree a Tourbillion would be awesome, and would make more sense than a Giant Discovery at this point since our Giant Evolution is getting a lot of love this year, it would be a damper to put such a rare ride in a shadow of a much bigger ride after so much work. I also did not know until a quick google search that our park has such a unique and rare ride, I know our Giant Evolution had moved from SFGAD but did not know its significance beyond that, I can't wait to ride Excalibur again and hope that they haven't changed to much.

Beyond that I hope we get a coaster in the next few years, I know it won't be massive or ground breaking (Again Freespin or Raptor would do lovely), but it would be nice to have a new coaster to bloat about even though the rest of the general public would still be unhappy as usual. I also should point out to anyone who wants a massive coaster (such as Giga or Hyper), I say keep dreaming, it will probably be another decade before we see them replace one of their big coasters. After studying our park on google maps, there is just not enough land for something big, the water park is the only thing I could see expanding out past its current boundary like the bus parking lot or paintball field.

100_0366.thumb.JPG.645316eaae7544f2ab30afcb5a33efdf.JPG

Taken in 2016, I can't wait to ride again!

^There is a video of Xcalibur operating on the fair circuit and links to pictures of Xcalibur's sibling, Imperator, being disassembled for movement farther back in the forum. You should check it out if you haven't already. Video is on page 1130, a video of Imperator operating is on 1131 and links to the disassembly pics is on 1132

link

I don't see the park getting anything big for 2020 or 2021. I think a coaster could come in 2022 after the 50th anniversary of the park. I think the park will sell more memberships and have more season pass renewals by doing so which is the name of the game.

Thanks! That was cool seeing it being disassembled, looks like a pain though, like someone said "14 trailers to haul the ride". I bet it was not cheap for the fair to operate and maintain the ride. Still a very unique and definitely rare ride considering there are only 3 such examples out there and sounds like the third is in a storage shed somewhere (I wonder if Six Flags bought parts from it?). Side note: Does Xcalibur still have its lighting package/or any lighting?

The plan was to have one of these giant Evolutions at a new small park in Rotterdam along with a old Schwarzkopf shuttle loop, but the plans fell thru, so I believe that is the one Evolution in storage. Not sure where the second one is located??

http://board.pretparken.be/showthread.php?375-Attractiepark-Rotterdam-Opening-in-2018