TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

It would be better if there were some more scare actors. I think I encountered one during my trip through, and I kinda couldn't tell if it was a scare actor or just a easily scared teenage girl ahead of me who screamed.

So will there be a 5th maze next year?

Total Darkness was pretty great if you got in on an extremely slow night. I went one night with 2 friends and they started experimenting with things like muting the soundtrack, going with a rope/ no rope at all, strobe lights on/off, and even alone or with a group. This made the experience different every time which was more thrilling than expecting just a dark room. I'll have to admit, going alone with the sound system off was really creepy!

Ninja doesn't run too terribly in the beginning of the season, but it's still rough. I imagine it will get replaced in a couple of years due to the extreme lack of popularity.

Hope your right, maybe you have some inside info... I still have a hunch we could receive another transplant coaster, like Medusa from Great Adventure, which can replace it. It's probably a better bet than a brand new custom install.

Ninja doesn't run too terribly in the beginning of the season, but it's still rough. I imagine it will get replaced in a couple of years due to the extreme lack of popularity.

Hope your right, maybe you have some inside info... I still have a hunch we could receive another transplant coaster, like Medusa from Great Adventure, which can replace it. It's probably a better bet than a brand new custom install.

I'd agree on a transplant being more likely than a new custom coaster for our park. I do wonder if they decide to scrap Ninja and bring in a new coaster if they would still use that same plot of land or finally expand out to some of the unused areas. If they want to use that same land they're gonna need a ride with a smaller footprint than most of the rides I could see feasibly being moved here, unless they wanna get creative and have it stretch east across the train track.

Euro Fighter would fit perfectly in the spot.

I was thinking that too. Firechaser Express (Dollywood) looks like a blast (is that a Eurofighter? maybe not... prob the Mystery Mine). Maybe that could bring back some nostalgia when we had the twin mine trains running together.

Euro Fighter would fit perfectly in the spot.

I was thinking that too. Firechaser Express (Dollywood) looks like a blast (is that a Eurofighter? maybe not... prob the Mystery Mine). Maybe that could bring back some nostalgia when we had the twin mine trains running together.

A mine train themed EuroFighter in the sold-off mine train's station? I've never thought of that, but that is literally one of the coolest ideas I've heard about a new coaster to replace the Ninja! (And Mystery Mine is the Eurofighter, while Firechaser Express is the family coaster.)

When I was asking Dave about it, by his answers, I don't think that it will happen anytime soon, but he mention the fact that it could go over the train tracks. I thought a new B&M mini-Dive machine taking a tunnel under the tracks and straight into an immelman to cross above the tracks again would be cool. On the subject, when talking about water park expansion over time, he said that it would most likely expand up towards Ninja, which I added would be perfect to add a second entrance in that area as well.

1454474991_Screenshot2014-02-04at9_02_42AM.png.8f52da70fde587540ae932e8f55c82c9.png

To give you an idea of how much room there is including the old mine train station. It's a good amount of land, but it's in a weird shape.

...Euro-Fighter is by far the best option for Ninja's old spot.

Agreed! I could also see some sort of Zamperla flying coaster going there. I've never ridden one, so I can't say that I would actually want one though. On the other hand, I think the park really needs a solid family ride besides the Mine Train. It's gotten considerably rough over the years. I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced by a Vekoma family coaster like the Freedom Flyer at Fun Spot.

^ Exactly! Whatever you all think about corporate, I know I probably can't change your views. However, when it comes to our particular park's upper management, we are right up there with Holiday World, and I am very close to the Holiday World management as well. Dave and I spent a while in the front mall just looking at a couple of discrepancies in the facades. He actually fixed them. There are so many examples of this. It was a lower level seasonal employee that suggested keeping some of the Hannibarrels to turn into benches. Another thing that I don't think people fully know about is how charitable the park is. Every year, the park puts on an event for St. Louis Children's Hospital that raises over $500,000, and this year we're working on some kind of system in terms of donating super hero capes to St. Louis Children's Hospital. So if you don't agree with me about corporate, that's fine, but it would be horrible not to give credit where credit is due to the park's management.

Thank you HWFan, SFZIP, and TNT for your insights. While I still don't agree with all their decisions, as stated they have improved. I didn't know about the charitable part of the park even though I get some of their e-mails being a season pass holder. Being charitable is truly a wonderful thing and should be done for the sake of helping others in need as the true intent, having said this I would think that it would be helpful if they were to speak more to this (not in the bragging kind of way which comes off as bragging but as a more humble yet known approach). This does wonders for public relations especially if it is done as a "Help us meet our goal." Then a "we were able to meet our goal thanks to the generosity of our partrons," in the follow up. It is good for PR.

My intent is not to slam the park's local management (yes, in the past I have gone off now and then, but I am working on trying to be more understanding and filtering my statements). I understand now that many of these decisions are not Dave's choice which is very unfortunate. As I have said, I am impressed with the changes I have seen for the better (fright fest, rides being painted, etc.). Using the Hannibarrels as benches sounds like a great idea as it will be nice to have that connection to my childhood once again. I believe the park can be more and want it to be more. My question then is there anything we the patrons can do the help Dave to have more say in the local decisions and increasing their budget?

What about the new S&S 4D coasters or the new Free Fly X. Those look like they could fit in a smaller space and either would be a completely new experience for the park?

^ I was just getting ready to post the same response. I do agree that the Mine Train needs a refurb, but there would be a lot of upset people if it were to be removed.

As far as the ideas people have posted for a replacement for Ninja in the future, I think my favorite one mentioned is the Dive Machine. That would certainly put SFStL on the map! I never really thought about that. I know it would probably never happen, but it would be great for our Park! Also, a Eurofighter would be a really cool addition too, but it wouldn't really bring in the crowds.

^First I have an update on the Hannibarrel barrels, 4 or 5 of them have been painted. Brown outside and black inside. They look nice and I can't wait to see them in the park.

And to answer your question on whether or not there is anything you can do to improve the park and try and get a larger budget for the park. The only thing I can think of is a written letter to corporate. If you keep it polite and make good suggestions they might listen and act on them. However I recemond waiting at least another year. The 2013 season was the first year of big change and some of the issues you have my get resolved in the next couple years

Nice. Thank you for the suggestions, I will be sure to write them after a year or so, and I assure you it will be very polite and will have good suggestions.

Nice. Thank you for the suggestions, I will be sure to write them after a year or so, and I assure you it will be very polite and will have good suggestions.

Your welcome, glad I could help.

I got a question about pass prossing seeing sfstl is open earlyer then sfgam and im planing to visit sfstl opening weeked is it possible to get my gold season pass for sfgam prossed at sfstl?

Don't quote me on this but if you bought the pass from SFGAM I'm pretty sure it must be processed at SFGAM, and a pass bought at SFSTL must be processed at SFSTL. It should say somewhere in fine print on a receipt or voucher. Sorry I can't be more help.

Maby HWfan can say seing he works in pass prossing

...Euro-Fighter is by far the best option for Ninja's old spot.

Agreed! I could also see some sort of Zamperla flying coaster going there.

The last thing SFSTL needs is a Volare

Sorry, I have no idea what they're like other than that they're compact and a flyer.

So if you were Boss... would you transform the old Mine Train Station back into a Coaster Queue or leave it as is (a haunted House which is only used 4 weeks out of the year) ?? I would transform it back to a Station renew some of the park's nostalgia of yesteryear.