TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I'm glad SFStL decided to stay with the original colors of Batman. I think it fits the best. I cant wait until Spring! I'm ready to walk through those gates again! I'm also really excited to see the new area with Tsunami Soaker! I'm sure its going to look great! Such a much needed improvement to that area of the Park! I hope to see some more construction updates soon.

I'm glad SFStL decided to stay with the original colors of Batman. I think it fits the best. I cant wait until Spring! I'm ready to walk through those gates again! I'm also really excited to see the new area with Tsunami Soaker! I'm sure its going to look great! Such a much needed improvement to that area of the Park! I hope to see some more construction updates soon.

One of, if not the, main motivator behind sticking with the black as opposed to yellow is the fact that the black paint stays black much longer than the more colorful paints, which fade and deteriorate much quicker.

So what's everyone think that we could see coming to the park in 2015?

I would like to see a new waterpark attraction, preferably a ProSlide Behemoth Bowl. I think it's been posted here that the carousel will most likely get a much-needed refurbishment and relocation to the Palace Theater plaza for it's 100th anniversary.

A little update on Tsunami Soaker - most if not all of the "pool" area has been poured for the ride (it looks to have a slightly larger footprint than the Hannibarrels did, so there will have to be walkway changes around the ride when it's done) and at least some of the ride is here now, so some more major construction should start soon. The only space left around the ride for a que area looks to be on the side by Marquette's/Outpost (where the Air Brush building that was demoslished stood), but I don't know what the plan for the surrounding area is. The ride is not scheduled to open until Memorial Day weekend (Saturday).

A little update on Tsunami Soaker - most if not all of the "pool" area has been poured for the ride (it looks to have a slightly larger footprint than the Hannibarrels did, so there will have to be walkway changes around the ride when it's done) and at least some of the ride is here now, so some more major construction should start soon. The only space left around the ride for a que area looks to be on the side by Marquette's/Outpost (where the Air Brush building that was demoslished stood), but I don't know what the plan for the surrounding area is. The ride is not scheduled to open until Memorial Day weekend (Saturday).

How do you know this?

Ok, ok, I know we all hate those who speculate on this thread, but I have an idea that I think would be a cool addition to our park. What if.. they installed a Vekoma Stingray? It's a unique ride that hasn't really been built anywhere else, and has a pretty small footprint. The biggest problem with the ride is probably its capacity (525/785 pph depending on the 2 or 3 row model), since the ride tops out at two 12 person cars. However, Six Flags could ask for a custom design to allow room for a third car. Thoughts?

Personally, one of the things that I'm most excited about is how the new ride and the surrounding area's theme will look. I think that the "warf" theme of the ride/area will look great! It's sure to brighten up that section of the park.

Ok, ok, I know we all hate those who speculate on this thread, but I have an idea that I think would be a cool addition to our park. What if.. they installed a Vekoma Stingray? It's a unique ride that hasn't really been built anywhere else, and has a pretty small footprint. The biggest problem with the ride is probably its capacity (525/785 pph depending on the 2 or 3 row model), since the ride tops out at two 12 person cars. However, Six Flags could ask for a custom design to allow room for a third car. Thoughts?

Won't happen. It's a Vekoma and since Stunt Fall, Six Flags has not bought a single Vekoma attraction. And before anyone asks about the Vekoma Junior Suspended for SFAm that was rumored; Technically it would have been bought by Chance under license from Vekoma.

I'm so excited for a nice hot day at SFStL, with beautiful trees, and flowers, and the smell of funnel cake, and the roar you hear delivered from Batman. I cant wait to be back in my Park again!

^ That would be an easy day for me, Boss would be closed, so I would just have to focus on Highland Fling

Did you work at SFSTL summer 2012??

My first season was 2013 and I was at American Thunder/ Moon Cars or Batman/ Turbo Bungy depending on the day.

Lame... Mr. Freeze all the way! I worked freeze summer 2012. It was a blast. (No pun intended)

For being such a large area/island in the middle of Thunder River, I'm curious as to what was on it, or what it was used for before Mr. Freeze was built. Does anyone here know?

For being such a large area/island in the middle of Thunder River, I'm curious as to what was on it, or what it was used for before Mr. Freeze was built. Does anyone here know?

Nothing... before Thunder River there was this Disney Jungle Cruise type ride called Mississippi River Adventure. There were no bridges or walkways for any guest to gain access to that area, until they built Freeze

The Thunder River island was nothing but trees, before Mr. Freeze was built. Mississippi Adventure was the Jungle Cruise style ride that was there before Thunder River, it's entrance was where JB' Smokehouse & Sports Bar is going (former Villian's Cafe) and the ride went counterclockwise around the island (opposite of what Thunder River does).