TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

what exactly is/was the chevy showroom building?

POV films in "Cinema 180." Precursor to the Omnimax theater experience. The film screen simply "wrapped" or curved around your field of vision. Just left and right... not up and down.

Three Things:

1. Park management did NOT have a meeting with RMC about the Boss. Any Boss/RMC work would be years off still.

2. As others said, the current plan is to have Tsunami Soaker in the Hannibarrels site. When it comes to the name, Dave said that it turns out that people would actually be happier with a name that describes the attraction more than one that fits a theme.

3. This was the first day of processing 2014 passes. We actually added a couple of cool new passes this year. Also, we have some great deals right now if you guys are interested in getting passes. Here's a quick summary:

-$29.99- Go Kart pass. 2 rides per day in the park.

-$59.99- Dragons Wing pass. 2 single flights per day in the park.

-$29.99- Tube Pass. 1 single tube per day in the park.

-Season Passes- Buy 4 or more passes, and the price is $54.99 with a free gold pass upgrade for each pass.

- Single passes are $64.99 each.

I hope I didn't sound like I was pushing the products too much, I just thought it was interesting how the prices are right now, and the Go Kart and Dragons Wing passes.

^ That was me! I was night Lead at ticket takers. We were actually discussing some small aesthetic and logistical changes to the front plaza there. Next time stop by and say hi. Dave especially loves to chat, and with Dave, he'll answer you straight up about the park's future. I'm really glad you enjoyed your day at the park.

HWFan, I remember you mentioning Batman getting new paint for 2014. Are they still going through with it?

We'll see. Unfortunately so much that happens isn't set in stone and can change at any time. They would like to, though.

Who thinks our next Coaster addition will be a Wing Coaster? I've been having a feeling lately that this is a fad SF Corp is going to go with. I can see SFOG, SFOT, SFMM, AND SFStL to be the top four contenders to recieve Wing Coasters in the next few seasons. I'm ok with it, I just really really really hope they are not X Flight clones. I'd much much more prefer an original layout for each one if that is the route they choose. Just a thought.

Don't get your hopes hope about any significant coaster coming to STL. I have been waiting for the last 10 years, guess a few years after the Boss was built, for something 'Large and made of Steel'' to come our way but finally reconciled to the fact it is just not gonna happen. Especially when I learned Atlanta got our Hyper back in '06 (or whenever that was) ... Anyway I am happy that St Louis is very central which allows great weekend trips to Great America, King's Island, WOF, SDC, and Holiday World. That being said, our park has improved over the past 10 years thanks to all the relocated attractions from Texas, a CGI, and Sky Screamer. The best we can hope for is an RMC makeover of the Boss and possibly another transplanted coaster to replace the Ninja. I would not bet a nickel on any custom designed B&M, Inatim, etc. to grace our park in the near or far future.

Who thinks our next Coaster addition will be a Wing Coaster? I've been having a feeling lately that this is a fad SF Corp is going to go with. I can see SFOG, SFOT, SFMM, AND SFStL to be the top four contenders to recieve Wing Coasters in the next few seasons. I'm ok with it, I just really really really hope they are not X Flight clones. I'd much much more prefer an original layout for each one if that is the route they choose. Just a thought.

A large amount of our guests have been to, or regularly go to, Six Flags Great America. We will definitely not be getting a wing coaster. Besides, Dave said that he would rather have something that moves fast and is intense like Batman rather than something like X-Flight, which he describes as moving too slow through the inversions because of its weight. There's also another big reason of why I know we won't be getting a wing coaster, but I'm sworn to secrecy on that for now.

If he had his way, he would build a B&M Dive Machine (with the smaller cars) to replace Ninja with a first dive going under the train tracks and coming out like a vertical loop on the other side. Obviously that would still be years off, and after a Boss redo, so that doesn't really matter, but it's nice to see he cares about getting something awesome.

^I actually like Ninja, it could use some new cars maybe to help smooth it out, I hope they don't lose that coaster.

Actually HWfan, if you lose the old Sky Lift station/Arcade and clear out that section and move the swinging ship/joker, that would be an awesome new spot for a small coaster and maybe bring back some life to the Ninja and that area

A large amount of our guests have been to, or regularly go to, Six Flags Great America. We will definitely not be getting a wing coaster. Besides, Dave said that he would rather have something that moves fast and is intense like Batman rather than something like X-Flight, which he describes as moving too slow through the inversions because of its weight. There's also another big reason of why I know we won't be getting a wing coaster, but I'm sworn to secrecy on that for now.

So he wants something that's fast and intense like Batman? How about a brand new RMC woodie!

Sometimes you have to let something go to allow bigger and better things to come along.

The Ninja is stale. It is a first generation looper, by which compared to modern coaster designs is just plain boring. Its shelf-life is way past due. Scrap it!

But see at our park, we have plenty of room to grow and establish, sure the Ninja may be past its time but to a lot of people it is still fun. I think she has an interesting layout especially the cool low ground helix at the end, and she is by no way boring. It is a piece of history, I mean how many Arrow/Vekoma hybrid coasters do you see everyday? lol They just need a lot of love which SFStL puts back into her to try to keep her running smooth as possible (now like I said new cars might help)

Also remember this is the GP, not roller coaster techy nerds who want every park to break some record every year.

I know of many points in the park where they can move or remove structures and would be able to build things like an RMC coaster or even a B&M dive; which like HWfan said it would be a good spot up next to Batman, but for me just remove the old Sky Way building/Arcade plus move the Joker and bam more room to grow and expand out into that area (which I think is service roads and going back out to the parking lot I think).

^ Agreed. There is tons of room for our park to grow without having to remove anything. Now, with that being said I know everything cant last forever, but removing something that can still operate safely, and serves a purpose is not necessary.

^ Agreed. There is tons of room for our park to grow without having to remove anything. Now, with that being said I know everything cant last forever, but removing something that can still operate safely, and serves a purpose is not necessary.

Ha the only guy who makes sense around here lol

I know I saw someone give an argument on the land and the hilliness/rocky structure of the park in areas could be a problem, but like that person said they just used some good old tnt and kept going. The park owns 497 acres but only operates on 240 acres, so that is plenty of room, I suppose the rest is of the acreage is in the back where it gets more hilly/rockier.

They just need a lot of love which SFStL puts back into her to try to keep her running smooth as possible (now like I said new cars might help)

Maintenance is the number one reason why it will eventually be removed. Same reason why Iron Boss will eventually happen. From a business aspect, it doesn't make sense to keep rides that are constantly cutting into your profit, unless the ride is your # 1 attraction. I rather spend the money on a brand new ride that will bring people to the park and won't be a nightmare in 20 years. Seriously, how many people say that Ninja is the reason they go to Six Flags St. Louis?

Also, with the Ninja, if it was in any other domestic SF park, it would've been removed and replaced by now obviously. That being said, because we just declared ourselves the coaster capital of Missouri, the Ninja will stay until we have the cash to replace it.

Maintenance is the number one reason why it will eventually be removed.

Really, how much maintenance goes into this ride, than any other ride at the park? Second she is old, of course there will be more upkeep on her especially looking at her hybrid background.

I mean take Mr. Freeze, that thing has been a money pit since they got that thing, sure its a fun ride but from your stance it is a costly ride to keep upkeep on it. I remember going opening weekend in 2011, Freeze was down for quite a while (days) cause they blew one of its transformers which is part of a modify power supply system because the ride draws so much power.

Also, with the Ninja, if it was in any other domestic SF park, it would've been removed and replaced by now obviously. That being said, because we just declared ourselves the coaster capital of Missouri, the Ninja will stay until we have the cash to replace it.

^And going with that knowledge, this park is much better in the way they operate as it sits outside the corporate dog leash. Look at Six Flags Great Adventure for example, and look how many rides they have removed over the history of time warner and premier owning the park. Now they got semi empty areas, and two SBNO rides, though I do admit from what I am reading they are doing a little better. Removing a ride, no matter how god awful is pointless, unless like Vonnie said the ride becomes a problem due to it not being safe or efficient. it still draws a crowd to a point and helps keep people happy.