TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Wow excellent report Chadster![vine][/vine] I've always thought 6 flags St Louis was one of the prettiest in the chain I'll actually be there tomorrow riding The Boss for the Travel Channel so I'll check everything out. looking forward to some more rides on American Thunder too!

It really is a nice color scheme, looks great. I've never really had a problem with Boomerangs, some can be a bit rough but they are still kind of unique after all of these years, and the GP seems to generally enjoy them for the most part (every park I've seen one at usually has a line).

Six Flags St. Louis has always been one of the parks in the chain I've really wanted to visit, it certainly seems like it has a bit more charm than some of their other properties.

Does anyone recall hearing that the Scooby Doo ride there is maybe going to have to change themes in the coming years due to an expiring licensing contract? I know most of the Scooby Doo rides at Cedar Fair parks have all been converted and this might be the last Scooby Doo dark ride left, I wonder if they'll have to change it soon?

Sorry to disagree with the excellent written post but this is a waste of space. I rode it yesterday during the Season Pass Preview. SFSTL can't even get that right either. They send out an email stating exclusive ride time on June 7th from 12-1. Well, I get out there and it's actually 10:30-1. It's quite apparent there is no actual communication between anyone that works there.

The cobra roll is just as rough as any part on the Ninja, plain and simple. If you don't brace yourself then you get slapped around. This will keep the newbies happy for the summer but will be a walk-on next year. It does look really nice....which is the best thing I can say for this 24 year old coaster.

The Boomerang seems to be riding the way it did back when it first opened at SFOT. As I recall, it was quite a smooth ride back in 1989. Age and poor upkeep eventually caused it to become quite the head banger. But now it looks as if it's back to being a great ride again. Great color scheme.

They send out an email stating exclusive ride time on June 7th from 12-1. Well, I get out there and it's actually 10:30-1. It's quite apparent there is no actual communication between anyone that works there.

Are you really complaining about an additional hour and a half of ERT, for pass holders?

They send out an email stating exclusive ride time on June 7th from 12-1. Well, I get out there and it's actually 10:30-1. It's quite apparent there is no actual communication between anyone that works there.

Are you really complaining about an additional hour and a half of ERT, for pass holders?

I am complaining that they can't even announce that right! Par for the course when it comes to SFSTL.

Sorry to disagree with the excellent written post but this is a waste of space. I rode it yesterday during the Season Pass Preview. SFSTL can't even get that right either. They send out an email stating exclusive ride time on June 7th from 12-1. Well, I get out there and it's actually 10:30-1. It's quite apparent there is no actual communication between anyone that works there.

The cobra roll is just as rough as any part on the Ninja, plain and simple. If you don't brace yourself then you get slapped around. This will keep the newbies happy for the summer but will be a walk-on next year. It does look really nice....which is the best thing I can say for this 24 year old coaster.

Just out of curiosity, are you a member of any coaster club?

Wow, I finally signed up for an account after over a year of lurking here. I had to defend our park, they clearly got the times right for the Boomerang Preview. It was sent to us in the bi-weekly e-mail. Gold Pass members were from 10:30-12:00 noon and general season passholders were from 12-1pm.

As for the ride, my sons were on the first train Friday morning and rode in the very back. They are the coaster fans, not me. I can get into that later. They said the ride was actually much smoother than the Ninja and the worst part was catching the chain lift on the return hill. I think the ride looks amazing although it does look very slow and sounds rough, but like I said I don't ride.

The trip report posted was absolutely beautiful. We are at the park 15-20 times a year over the past few years and get used to seeing everything, but looking at in pictures, really makes me appreciate the little gem we have. One note about the Scooby-Doo ride- it seems like they did a lot of work on it over the winter. Many of the animatronics that haven't been working are fixed

Anyway I hope I followed all the rules for my first ever post and will definitely be posting more often.

Edited by robbalvey

I made it down to SFSTL again today and noticed a few things:

1) Trains from SFNO are sitting under the Batman, and they are the same type that run on the Boss. If Boss is "possibly" getting Iron Horse next year, why would they just now be receiving replacement trains?

2) There is an ICW poster outside of Mr. Freeze. Are they going to be filming at the park tomorrow? If so, do you need to sign up to ride the coaster or can anyone ride?

3) Boomerang had a 45-60 minute wait all day. I rode and waited about 20 minutes thanks to being able to get there early with a Gold Pass. Ride was really smooth except for the cobra roll and entering the second lift hill. The ride was a lot smoother than the Ninja. I give SFSTL full rights to replace the Ninja now that we have another looping coaster.

4) Waits were relatively short:

-20 minute wait (for me) on Boomerang

-5 minute wait for Mine Train

-walk on for Mr. Freeze

-walk on for American Thunder

-25 minute wait for Batman

-walk on for Ninja

-15 minute wait for Screamin' Eagle

-30 minute wait for the Boss

We rode every coaster except for Pandemonium. Got every ride we wanted done from 10:20 to around 2:30, then we decided not to stay til' 4:30 (when the dining pass was ready for dinner), and headed home around 3:00.

I am a Gold Pass member and my email clearly stated 12-1 not 10:30-1. The sign out front of it stated nothing about Gold Pass from 10:30-12 and Season Pass from 12-1. It stated Season Pass Holders Only 10:30 -1, period. I've been a pass holder there since the early 80's so I am not making this ^$*# up.

No I am no member of a coaster club but have visited parks in Florida, Ohio, Texas, California, Michigan, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia and Pennsylvania. I can say that we are avid coaster junkies.

I like the little improvements they've made to the ride, and from what I've just read it has made quite the difference. At first I was unsure about the addition but now that construction is complete it is safe to say they did an excellent job. The setting is great, and I agree with a lot of other people here; the paint job looks great!

The e-mail I got says 12 to 1 for Season Pass Holders.

Email.jpg.f4e0ae8954d1f3b8856eb6dc2d96dd09.jpg

But if you click the "Learn More" link, it takes you to the website that says Gold from 10:30 to 12.

Website.jpg.7ac0fa801ee91f976cf734aef8cd8a78.jpg

Six Flags St. Louis has had 1 of SFNO Megazeph trains ever since that park closed (used to be stored in employee parking lot), it also has twisted twins trains and the extra Boomerang train (the park has a lot of extra parts on hand if they are needed for The Boss, Ninja or Boomerang).

About the passholder e-mail - Six Flags was supposed to have a new website months ago (like February/March), but like a lot of things with Six Flags it's just "slightly" behind schedule (when it will be done I don't know, it's up to SF corporate), that is why you will find errors on pages, parks not updating things like shows and it's the reason none of the parks have 2013 maps up either.

Wait a minute...are you saying they took a Boomerang and made it smooth. Congrats to them.

Exactly what I thought lol

Even looking at the rider cam you can see there is no on the ride.

I can't believe changing the motor pretty much solved the biggest complaints about these rides.

I find it kind of hard to believe that the headbanging is eliminated too. New train? Anyways, anything to make the ride better. If only it had the new style of trains, but I think this is good enough based on what you are saying.