TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Regarding all those other predictions... hmmm not getting my hopes up. Sorry.

Don't. It's very possible the guy I chatted with could be just saying stuff. Idk.

A Kids coaster would make sense. The Scooby-Doo remodeling doesn't make sense to me, but if Six Flags is giving out surveys, it may be a possible new attraction.

Scooby-Doo is still filling its queue line, so I don't know why Six Flags wants to fix something that isn't broken.

If we don't get a hyper, the only other coasters that I could see us getting would be a wing or flying coaster. Both of those are available at SFGAm, so I don't know if they'd be marketable here. But 5 hours is still a long ways away.

While Great America has a hyper, we could get a custom one and market it differently.

If I were to guess what St Louis will get next coaster-wise.

- The Kiddie coaster makes sense, I can see that happen soon

- RMC topper track on the Boss

and/or/both

- Scrap the Ninja and transplant Medusa from SFGAdventure

Any custom hyper, giga, winged, floorless, whatever just isn't gonna happen here.

Steve

If I were to guess what St Louis will get next coaster-wise.

- The Kiddie coaster makes sense, I can see that happen soon

- RMC topper track on the Boss

and/or/both

- Scrap the Ninja and transplant Medusa from SFGAdventure

Any custom hyper, giga, winged, floorless, whatever just isn't gonna happen here.

Steve

I don't see why Medusa/Bizzaro would be moved down here. It just got rethemed not too long ago and the park manager said it was not going anywhere anytime soon.

I would say either Iron Horse Boss or a new hyper paired with a kiddie coaster.

To my way of thinking the "Iron Boss" is a very real possibility. The results of RMC "Iron Horse" makeovers on NTAG and iRAT have been nothing short of spectacular. It is not only possible but extremely likely that Six Flags management will want to continue doing these makeovers at more of their parks. Iron Boss is a very logical next step for Six Flags and RMC.

To my way of thinking the "Iron Boss" is a very real possibility. The results of RMC "Iron Horse" makeovers on NTAG and iRAT have been nothing short of spectacular. It is not only possible but extremely likely that Six Flags management will want to continue doing these makeovers at more of their parks. Iron Boss is a very logical next step for Six Flags and RMC.

Possible names for Iron Horse Boss:

1. Iron Boss

2. Boss of Steel

3. New Boss

None of those really have a good ring to them.

Six Flags should completely rename Boss if they give it the Iron Horse treatment.

Superman was to be named Acrophobia (painted that way in the parking lot and installed when it was moved here), until Mark Shapiro came to tour the park and forced the name change to Superman: Tower Of Power, which is why it's out of place in it's location in the park (I assume that if the park got the hypercoaster it was rumored to ten years ago it would have been Superman themed).

In some other news, the Boomerang train is on the track now, so testing should begin soon, the que area still needs some work done, but they did touch up the paint chips on the ride.

I was thinking The Boss could be renamed "The Big Boss" in the event of an RMC makeover. Or perhaps "The Big Steel Boss" would be a possibility. Any takers?

I think Big Boss could work. Big Steel Boss sounds too weird to me. Boss of Steel would be a good name.

I would like blue track if Boss gets the Iron Horse.

I'd say add a 180 degree twist right before the trim brakes.

Put a double barrel roll before the helix.

I'd say add a 180 degree twist right before the trim brakes.

Put a double barrel roll before the helix.

I was thinking something like Outlaw Run's "sideways airtime" hill before the helix, and some heavy banked turns through out the course.

Also, I think blue steel track against the wooden structure would look amazing!

The iron horse treatment is about the best chance of getting any new major improvement, anytime soon.

However, I could also realistically see a X-Flight clone at our park, within the next couple years. Possibly in place of Ninja. There were rumors that X-Flight is yet to be the new Batman clone.

There were rumors that X-Flight is yet to be the new Batman clone.

Really? Well, if it makes them money, more power to them. X-Flight just hasn't generated a great deal of buzz/excitement. This Batman backwards seems to be a big deal right now... and justifiably so, it's a great ride. Heck, even American Eagle backwards gets people nuts.

Possible names for Iron Horse Boss:

1. Iron Boss

2. Boss of Steel

3. New Boss

None of those really have a good ring to them.

Six Flags should completely rename Boss if they give it the Iron Horse treatment.

Actually, I think something like "The Boss 2" wouldn't necessarily sound bad. I will say that the current layout of the Boss is great, and RMC would have a heyday with it, were they to do the iron horse remake.

The iron horse treatment is about the best chance of getting any new major improvement, anytime soon.

However, I could also realistically see a X-Flight clone at our park, within the next couple years. Possibly in place of Ninja. There were rumors that X-Flight is yet to be the new Batman clone.

Oh God I hope not!

Besides redesigning the Bunny Hill area before the dbl helix, RMC should leave the layout as is. Just adding topper track to the first four drops would be an amazing improvement. If a Barrel Roll was added before the dbl helix then it would be an insane coaster experience.

^ I agree! Steeper first drop, and insane overbanking on all of the turns, and a double barrel roll just before the double helix. That would be awesome to see while standing in line!

I kind of liked Boss when I visited SFStL.

I also have a Scooby Doo boat sinking story!

I and many others also like the Boss. But, it has gotten significantly rougher every year (especially this year).

I believe Six Flags has given up on retracking it during the off season.

I think it has more potential as a steel coaster. Texas Giant has gotten up into the top 5 steel coasters since it got Iron Horse, and I'd like to see an SFSTL coaster up there too