TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Sören´s Way To Disney" Thread

Shame on you, Sören, for not knowing our Lady Chanellor's first name.

It's Angela, not Angelika (setzen, sechs )

But nevertheless, Berlin is so awesome! If you are into architecture and stuff, Berlin is the place to be. So many modern buildings surrounded by or even integrated with historical buildings. A bit too pompous at some points, but still very exciting.

It's such a shame that there is absolutely no theme park near Berlin.

I hope they grant your visa, Sören. Good luck.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's such a shame that there is absolutely no theme park near Berlin.

Except the "EX-Spreewaldprak".

Personaly i think BErlin is like a Charade.

Sure there are those Beatifull Part in the City.

But there also are parts like Kreuzberg.

Which of course are the parts that they don`t want you to see.

If i would take Pictures in Berlin, i would only Photograph this those parts.

Because i find it interesting to see the Subcultures, and the real Face of Berlin.

But there also are parts like Kreuzberg.

Which of course are the parts that they don`t want you to see.

If i would take Pictures in Berlin, i would only Photograph this those parts.

Because i find it interesting to see the Subcultures, and the real Face of Berlin.

So what's so ugly about Kreuzberg? I can't understand its bad reputation. A very vivid place and melting pot of cultures. In fact, it's one part of the city where cultural integration seems to work, at least superfically. Except for may the first (burning cars due to protests every year) I wouldn't mind going there at all.

But there are indeed some "not so nice" parts in Berlin, e.g. Märkisches Viertel, but I think every big city has to cope with places like this.

Shame on you, Sören, for not knowing our Lady Chanellor's first name.

It's Angela, not Angelika (setzen, sechs )

Haha, thanks Martin! Be sure I know here name! I am a member of the CDU (Christian Democratic Union) and there we have these joke with her name and call her Angelika!

--Sören

I enjoyed the running theme of Berlin, Bears, Berliners (the people variety - as in "Ich bin Berliner") and Berliners (the doughnut variety - as in "Ich bin ein Berliner") in your pictures! Nice to see there are still lots of cranes about in Berlin - that's what sticks in my mind from my visit there a few years ago, but it's a lovely city and I'd love to go back there at some point! Hope everything works out for you Sören!

Robin

^ You are right Chrissie, only 2 weeks! The last weeks flew by like nothing! But when I look to my apartment, then I am not sure if I´ll be really done with everything in 2 weeks! However, you are there in 3 month! I am really looking forward to meet you there!

--Sören

Wow, I can't believe your arrival date is just around the corner. Where does the time go??? Great pics of Berlin, especially of all the older buildings. I love the Parliament building (Reichstag) with its amazing contemporary glass dome integrated with traditional architecture. I took a class on Modern German Architecture in college, we really looked into Berlin, especially the Parliament building, Potsdamer Platz, Brandenberg. Hope everything is working out for you, Sören. I should be in Florida in late August.

False alarm or not, that sounds pretty scary.

I'm working in plans to be in Florida the first weekend in June. Hope we can meet up Soren.

Yes, it was really scary, but I am glad it was only a false alarm!

It would be great to meet you there in June! I am looking forward to it! Let me everything know as soon as possible and I´ll take a look if I can get a few free days!

--Sören

Update - 02/28: I have gotten my Visa!

Hey guys,

I wasn´t much on the boards the last two days, because I had so many things to do! However, now I can tell you what happened and I want to post a short update!

I am so happy, then everything looks very good so far! On monday I have gotten my passport with the Visa stamp from the US-Embassy! Then, at the evening I called someone at Walt Disney World and told them they can book my flight! She told me she has just booked the flight and gave me all the details!

That means I will start In Bremen (Germany) in the early morning (06:00am) and will arrive Orlando in the late afternoon! I will fly from Bremen to Frankfurt, from Frankfurt to Atlanta, and from Atlanta to Orlando! When I arrive Orlando, then I will be awake over 22 hours and the real flight time is 12,5 hours! What a long journey!

So, the flight is booked, and everything I needed to do is settled! Now, I can relax! I only have two weeks before I will start! I hope there will be no new problems!

--Sören

Out of curiosity, what motivated you to get the job in the first place? Did you get tired of poking people in the eye?

No, be sure I really love my job (poking people in the eye)! LOL But I thought about this Disney thing a long time and now I think when I am not doing this right now, then maybe I would never go this way! I want to see another great country (with great coasters) and differnt people! Another point is, there I have a chance to meet a lot of people from the boards!

So guys, come to WDW and visit me at the German Pavilion!

--Sören