TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: Stella Luna and Terra Nova resort details released!

Is anybody really surprised? This whole ride has been one disaster after another. I could understand if they got the ride built and then had delays due to technology, but all of the problems seem to be in the basic construction of the coaster. I mean, the lift hill issues, the firehouse issue, this banner, the cracks in the welding, this is pretty much just shotty construction. When I was there in mid-July, the other side of the lift hill structure had chipped paint and much of the ride had scratches on it upon close inspection. I smell a law suit of some kind on the horizon.

I wish someone would've remembered to put holes in that banner. Lmao. Oh man, I just can't believe it happened. Especially considering how our state has a big target on it's back for horrible weather and hurricanes.

From a second glance, it looks as it might not have "ripped" but rather came "unclipped". Cant really tell to be exact but i dont see a noticeable jagged rip. It might have just come undone from the clips it was in, seeing as it is not just one giant banner (i think)...who knows, im prob wrong.

Couple of new things happening.

-Rock work on the base of the Castle is in Full Force.

-The Entrance to "Dragon Challenge" is beginning to come together.

-Pretty much every building is being built at the same time.

The first official piece of facade for the castle has also been installed as shown in this pic and video made by DshYates.

I did not think that a steady FL rain would take it down.

It was no steady rain today. A large thunderstorm move through the attractions area today with heavy wind and rain.

I live near the attractions area and luckily made it home from work today right before it started. I remember walking out of work when the storm was moving in and it was very windy. Heavy downpour and gusty once it started where I live.

It feels strange how on Wednesday when I saw it for the first time in person I thought it looked great and one day later it got blown down.

Actually, I noticed..

If you look closely at this picture, the banner isn't one big piece, it's three separate pieces. Thus the reason I don't think it ripped. It just unclipped from the lift.

You can see where the pieces meet on the 1st and 3rd ring.

I did not think that a steady FL rain would take it down.

It was no steady rain today. A large thunderstorm move through the attractions area today with heavy wind and rain.

I live near the attractions area and luckily made it home from work today right before it started. I remember walking out of work when the storm was moving in and it was very windy. Heavy downpour and gusty once it started where I live.

It feels strange how on Wednesday when I saw it for the first time in person I thought it looked great and one day later it got blown down.

Yes it was a thunderstorm storm today, but when your park is in a hurricane area, you should be expect wind like that this time of year.