TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 624: DreamWorks Land passholder preview report!

Note: Take the following with a grain of salt.

According to a Universal Orlando operated MySpace page (A Halloween Horror Nights Page, actually) claims that this ride will be opening July 3rd.

I looked on the ride's page, and didn't see anything that could confirm this, but I thought it was worth throwing out there.

Yes, just like always with my luck, a week after I am in Orlando. Hopefully I can catch a soft opening.

^^^^^About the 'fail'.. they may not be done, but it looks to me like that bar sticking out is probably just enough below the reach envelope to where you wouldnt hit it. It looks to be at rail level (maybe lower, could be the perspective).. That being said, it looks pretty stupid that it is sticking out like that, but maybe they are planning on finishing the tin siding on the building and need that bar to anchor it in to.

Shellemonster, great update! Some of those pictures are mucho delicioso!

So, it sounds almost official now. I will be there during this time! Now, what would be better, avoiding the park on that day, or going and enjoying the media!? Anyone ever go to a media day event in Orlando before? What happens?

I have no words for this AMAZING update. Thank you! I know things are going to be moving at a quick pace now, with only about a year left. Thinking about when they start building just a coaster, and how long it takes for it to open, imagine a whole "land", and the progress that has to be made. I cannot wait to get a glimpse of the construction in July. The last time I was there, they were just ripping down the Enchanted Oak!

^^Ha! That was awesome! Are there that many scratches on the track that requires that much paint or is USO just being really meticulous? I just feel that at this point in the story, it would have almost been cheaper to just paint it all now haha.

Awesome indeed. My friends tell me I say inadvertently sexual things often.

There really are a lot of spots that require painting. You can see the scope in the picture with four guys all painting in one spot.

On that note, I didn't upload a good picture of this on accident, but some of the track joints now have this gray paint applied. I have no idea what it would be for, but you can see the picture below.

^^^^^About the 'fail'.. they may not be done, but it looks to me like that bar sticking out is probably just enough below the reach envelope to where you wouldnt hit it. It looks to be at rail level (maybe lower, could be the perspective).. That being said, it looks pretty stupid that it is sticking out like that, but maybe they are planning on finishing the tin siding on the building and need that bar to anchor it in to.

Agreed. The envelope does curve up and away from the track on second look.

Shellemonster, great update! Some of those pictures are mucho delicioso!

Thank you! I appreciate the encouragement.

STH70913.jpg.32a0411e9197dd9c047c386083642a1e.jpg

Those posts in question - I'm willing to bet they're for all the 'rockwork'. The steel structure under the rocks will attach to them. If someone lined up the model with some photos, it'll probably line up where all the false rock is going.

I am not sure if this is true or not, but I think the grey paint is the section they (sand) to smooth out. But again, I am probably wrong and just making stuff up.

Most likely the grey paint is primer. They ground down the joints and have put primer on before the color is applied. All the structural steel I've seen has had grey primer.

Great Update, glad to see your having a great time. Truly cant wait for this entire land to open. Were about a year away

Also a lot has changed in Hogsmeade since my last visit. Steel city has risen!

It's actually a lot of fun to find these picture spots. It's like a game almost. I take a picture and realize that's were everyone else has been taking theirs. The pictures also make me realize how bad of shape the flying unicorn is in. It looks to be rusting badly!

Steel city indeed! I obviously wasn't going to take a picture of this, but someone opened a big gate to go backstage, and the view was incredible. You could see most all of Hogsmeade going up.

Thanks again Lennaapple!

Did anyone else notice on the second picture from the update that if you look closely it seems like there is track around that tunnel .on my computer i can almost make out three rails ! its probably nothing but just thought i would point that out . .

I have no words for this AMAZING update. Thank you! I know things are going to be moving at a quick pace now, with only about a year left. Thinking about when they start building just a coaster, and how long it takes for it to open, imagine a whole "land", and the progress that has to be made. I cannot wait to get a glimpse of the construction in July. The last time I was there, they were just ripping down the Enchanted Oak!

When I was at Universal during Grad Bash there were workers welding at 12 AM so they're literally working around the clock to get this thing completed in time. I am spectacle as to how they are going to finish Hogwarts as it seems much more massive than the already massive concrete box they've put up. It would be a bummer if all of the details on top were just for show

The castle being built above the big box will not just be scenery. You will be able to go inside and there will be a restaurant in the Great Hall, an FX show, and the Magiquest system. Those are all things that have been mentioned before in some of the press releases and stuff.

Someone on another board..did mention test runs about two days ago but I haven't seen anybody else confirm it, so I didn't post it.

[Edit] - Apparently it's true. They did cycle two trains successfully two nights ago. Well I'll be damned.

That's awesome news! I can't wait to see testing videos of this beast. I'm most excited to see the speed at which the non-inverting is taken, as well as some of the lower twisty portions. I can't wait for my (potential) trip next winter. This ride and Manta are going to definitely up the awesome factor of Orlando's parks.