TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Your longest or worst wait for the smallest coaster

Ok credit whores, it's confession time!

What has been the longest or worst wait you have ever had just for the sake of a credit on a small coaster?

Here is my story:

I waited an hour for Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster at Universal Florida. Not to mention that the whole time, a little girl in front of me threw up three times! In a slow moving queue like that, it's NOT FUN to stand over three piles of puke!

Can anyone beat that?

-Julie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By small coaster...Do you mean kiddie? or just short?

For XLC I waited in a "15min" line.. but as the ride needed to test and such and took 45mins....

And then PKIs SDGCs line took a good 30mins...

And if you count it as small... I waited 2 hours for MrSix at SFNE

I waited over an hour for PKI's soon-to-be-defunt kiddie coaster, Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster, but I was just a kid. Now, I usualy never wait over 15 minuites for such a ride. However, I have only been a credit whore since August, and haven't been to a park since then, so I can't exactly say for sure. If I am with another credit whore, who knows how long I will wait!

I waited nearly an hour for Terradon Flyers in IOA. It was horrible because the guy in front of me was there with his family, and he kept talking down to his kids and I could tell they werent having a fun time. I wanted to say something, but I didnt want to escallate things. The ride was a huge letdown too. I thought it was longer!

The longest wait for a coaster was approx. 6 hrs for Volcano: the Blast Coaster at PKD when it was in its first week of opening. Insane? Yes. Very much worth it at the time. (Do remember, that it broke down LONG periods of time and only ran a train of 4 rows).

Longest wait for a kid's ride was for One Fish Two Fish (or w/e it's called at IOA). The wait was about an hour. My cousin seemed to get a kick out of it! 8)

I don’t know if this counts as a “small” coaster, but in 1984 the week that the Sare-ee-ay-voh (sp check didn't like this word) Bobsleds opened, I was determined to ride it @ SFMM. I waited nearly 7 hours, in the sun. The line started near the main entrance to RR and wound down the hill into a mostly non-shaded queue. I was burned moderately by the sun. My parents kept coming back a few times to check on my progress and would leave again to ride something else.

When the ordeal was over it was so not worth the wait. It was the only time I rode that coaster. The cycle/loading time was so slow. The only thing I liked about this coaster was the sound it made as the rolling stock resonated through the half pipe.

My sister threw a fit because she wanted to ride Autopia a few years back when the "new" version opened, spent at least an hour waiting for that pile of crap, very much NOT worth that wait. The last couple times we've gone to Disneyland, my brother and I shut down any plans to try and go on that one again......but she's kinda gotten the idea that it sucks by now.

Then there was the time at Knott's when she demanded we all ride Jaguar, took an hour for my fellow 6'4" friend to get to the train, then we got to try and squeeze ourselves in there somehow......it sucked.

I waited 45mins. for the Flitzer at Morey's Peirs!

Wow, that's a long wait for that ride. It seems to always have a wait at Moreys but the same ride at Playland in Ocean City never has more than a 5 minute wait. I guess Moreys is more popular and the capacity is horrible on that ride.

Like Teddy Monster, I waited 6 hours for Volcano in '98. Got in line at 10am, they said it's gonna be down for awhile, but might open later. This was my 3rd visit having never ridden it! About 25 of us made it 'til 4pm. They opened the coaster just for us (for waiting so f-ing long), then closed it down for the rest of the day, lol.

After 6 hours of sitting on the ground, they finally walked us into the queue. We were so loud walking into the station, it was obscene. That was one of the best rides I've ever had. Not many coasters can make you cheer after a 6 hour wait!

The Blast Coaster is still one of my favorites.