TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Im going first thing on Saturday. And by first thing I mean get to the park a half hour early.

Me too! Maybe even earlier! Maybe I'll see you?

Any other Saturday-goers?

Do you think this will be open when the park opens on Saturday, or later in the day?

Im going first thing on Saturday. And by first thing I mean get to the park a half hour early.

Me too! Maybe even earlier! Maybe I'll see you?

Any other Saturday-goers?

Do you think this will be open when the park opens on Saturday, or later in the day?

Probably when the park opens unless there's any problems.

We made it to the commercial shoot! Just waiting around for everything to start! They were testing it when we arrived so it looks like a go! Can't wait to write a review so that everyone can really start complaining! What will ruin the ride, the restraints, trims, speed, what will it be!

We made it to the commercial shoot! Just waiting around for everything to start! They were testing it when we arrived so it looks like a go! Can't wait to write a review so that everyone can really start complaining! What will ruin the ride, the noodles, trims, speed, what will it be!

Have fun everyone! Guess I'll have to avoid this thread now to keep with my goal of no spoilers before I ride.

If any Saturday-goers would like to meet up, just PM me!

We've started! Hoping to ride in the next few minutes! Here's a video to hold you over

MOD: Had trouble embedding the YouTube video from my phone so feel free to do it if you'd like.Feel free to use it as you like.

Hi-Def version coming as soon as I get wifi.

Edited by ernierocker

Yep! I didn't realize it, but it launches you both forward and backward kinda like V2. It's like a fun collection of a bunch of different elements. Definitely some airtime in the first two rows at the top of the launch. The roll is pretty slow, but you definitely hang. The first drop into the loop isn't huge, but it's pretty intense. It would definitely make one hell of a water challenge! Definitely needed my motion sickness patch. They do staple, hard, but it does depend on the employee, and honestly, you really do need it. As for cycle times, they could cycle it pretty quick with the right team, but with only 12 seats it will definitely be slow moving. It can definitely load as quick as a normal coaster.

Yep! I didn't realize it, but it launches you both forward and backward kinda like V2. It's like a fun collection of a bunch of different elements. Definitely some airtime in the first two rows at the top of the launch. The roll is pretty slow, but you definitely hang. The first drop into the loop isn't huge, but it's pretty intense. It would definitely make one hell of a water challenge! Definitely needed my motion sickness patch. They do staple, hard, but it does depend on the employee, and honestly, you really do need it. As for cycle times, they could cycle it pretty quick with the right team, but with only 12 seats it will definitely be slow moving. It can definitely load as quick as a normal coaster.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Can't wait to ride it!

^^What he said.

Anyway, it's a really fun ride. The pop of airtime after the vertical twist was a nice surprise, and there's a good amount of forces on it. That said, the lines will be pure hell. They actually built more switchbacks. Luckily, I got it out of the way now, before Doomsday, I mean Opening day.

Sounds like Superman is going to be a blast to ride. By any chance did those of you who were lucky and able to ride today notice if there were any maximum height limit restrictions. My husband is 6'8" and I am really hoping that he will be able to ride.

They won't let him on V2 or Kong due to his height. Thanks

I really wish I had done this *goes into kicking himself in the rear once again for letting another fun opportunity slip by*. If this had been set on a weekend, I would have completely gone for this since I work on the weekdays. Sounds like the coaster's going to be a hit! Watching the ride cycle, it seems to happen pretty quick which is a plus. But we've got to factor in the unload to dispatch. While I'm not park management or have any experience with it, I can see efficiency being heavily enforced with running this ride, and see managers coming down on area supervisors if they are letting things slip. We will see. I just hope they don't pull what Grizzly operators (CGA) were doing with dispatch times as long as 4 minutes.

Random note: I noticed the station had 2 entry doors. Is one of them for Flash Pass guests or something?

Had a great day, met a bunch of great people including some TPR Members for the first time: Joey, Amy & Sunfire Was able to ride about 20 times before it went down right toward the end (only time it went down) , definitely a good ride, I actually liked it way more than V2! As Joey mentioned the guy who checked me also (one of the managers) got me in really REALLY tight (I can sing Soprano now) . The seats though were very comfortable, also have shin guards as well which were comfy, bear in mind I'm only 5'5''. The initial launch forward is pretty calm & quiet, but the second forward launch is intense, especially during the vertical stretch as soon as you reach the top and the surprise pop of airtime, as Sunfire mentioned, which got me every time! The roll definitely is really slow but is a great hangtime element. While waiting at the station, the trains zooms by so fast, with just one blink you'll miss it.

Regarding the two doors, it looks as if the right side is Fast Pass & the left side is the regular line. The exit is on the other side.

Will definitely will be a ride you should ride first when the park opens, and of course beware of the Fluffy Fluffy Bunnies filled with Medicine & Goo. There's a sign right before the loading station that mentions no articles beyond this point. Overall great thanks to SFDK on their great hospitality, can't wait till the next TV Commercial!

Big Photo Update below! Taken from my Galaxy Nexus:

Supermanwaiting.jpg.eb28ef199546b968ddca8e6a6fd9f90d.jpg

Waiting for Superman...(No not the documentary)

SupermanOverview2.jpg.a3184cfc083693bdfef22fd876e6c9c8.jpg

SUF Overview, sorry for blurry pic

SupermanOverview.jpg.4d662c2c1fceeaf0d8cbae1cca04aa39.jpg

Better shot of overview of S: UF

SupermanLogo.jpg.0aa1bb630a38ff096593d1216f36cdb0.jpg

Superman Logo on Plaza

SupermanPlaza.thumb.jpg.f13b5a3291b1129b9c2b179ef5caf7ed.jpg

Superman Plaza wider view

SupermanLoop4.jpg.6a86b70f51cf5d72f129dd5104d376d2.jpg

Various characters along Queue line

SupermanLaunch2.jpg.bc3f50f8fb8915748f02deb1ae239450.jpg

Initial launch