TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

There is a new Vacation Movie Coming Out

So it looks like this will have the Walley World scene shot at Six Flags over Georgia as it looks like Goliath in the background as they come through the gate.

From the article:

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-vacation-movie-photos/

"First ‘Vacation’ Reboot Photos Reveal the Griswolds and Walley World

Walley World is officially open in the first two images from the new Vacation movie. The film, which is out July 31, is both a sequel to and a reboot of the original franchise as Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo reprise their roles as the Griswolds and Ed Helms plays their son, Rusty. Now grown, Rusty wants to take his own family (including wife Christina Applegate) on the Walley World vacation he never got as a child. He tries, but as you can imagine, it probably isn’t going to go so smoothly.

Or is it? As the moose out front probably told you, in the first official photos, you not only see the full Griswold family you get a look at Walley World. A Walley World that’s apparently open this time around. See the new Vacation movie photos below.

Also, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the most crucial member of the family in that photo: The green station wagon. It seems this Vacation movie is really going for the nostalgic references, as well as the modern laughs. Hopefully we’ll see a trailer soon.

Vacation is out July 31. It’s written and directed by Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley (Horrible Bosses, The Incredible Burt Wondersone) and stars Ed Helms, Christina Applegate, Leslie Mann, Beverly D’Angelo, Skyler Gisondo, Steele Stebbins, Chris Hemsworth and Chevy Chase. Here’s the official plot description:

The next generation of Griswolds is at it again—and on the road for another ill-fated adventure. Following in his father’s footsteps and hoping for some much-needed family bonding, a grown-up Rusty Griswold (Ed Helms) surprises his wife, Debbie (Christina Applegate), and their two sons with a cross-country trip back to America’s “favorite family fun park,” Walley World."

Vacation-Remake-Cast-list.thumb.jpg.4e65c65f6065ede5b8e543372585f4c6.jpg

Vacation-Remake-Walley-World.thumb.jpg.c720c4b48e0b93346356ab23510aca72.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel that this remake will just be plain terrible. The first one was funny and just has that vibe to it. That's why I like it so much. With the remake I doubt they will be able to recreate what the first one was.

It would be kinda cool if they shot at Great America and had American Eagle since that is probably the most similar roller coastera at to what colossus was.

No. Kill this with fire. It's National Lampoon's Vacation's fault that we don't have awesome station wagons here in the United States like they do over in Europe - that movie singlehandedly made station wagons uncool.

Too bad they didn't wait another year or two and used Twisted Colossus. That would have been a cool tie-in with the original.

Better yet, they could have also re-used Revolution with the only change being the OTSR addition to the trains. I can totally see the family moaning in pain wondering what in the world happened.

This may be optimistic, but I want to see how many theme park jokes the writers can fit in this time around. There's potential for some really funny stuff. It definitely won't be as good as the original, though. That movie is such a classic (and hilarious I might add).

I'm remaining optimistic about this movie. I enjoy all of the actors in the film (especiailly Helms and Mann), and I think the story continuation makes sense (a full-on remake with Helms as the new Clark would've been terrible). Plus, the writer/director team is the team behind Horrible Bosses, so good pedigree in my book.

I intend to visit the theatre completely optimistic and truly hoping for the best. Yes, the original is a mighty act to follow, but I really want this to be great.

And wow, took me a moment to clue in that was Chevy Chase in the photo. Time has certainly taken it's toll.

I'm a bit unusual in that I'm not a fan of the original National Lampoon's Vacation. I think Christmas Vacation was the best of that series, while European Vacation was the worst.

That being said, the Wally World segment of the original movie was the best part.

I'm a bit unusual in that I'm not a fan of the original National Lampoon's Vacation. I think Christmas Vacation was the best of that series, while European Vacation was the worst.

That being said, the Wally World segment of the original movie was the best part.

I thought I was unusual for thinking Vegas Vacation is the best. It's dumb as hell, but I love it.

I'm not sure about this movie yet (the last thing we need is more 80's remakes/sequels), but the images make it look better than I expected. At least they are an improvement from this atrocity:

My personal ranking: Vegas > Vacation > Christmas >>>>>>>>>> European

Edited by Wingwright

I thought I was unusual for thinking Vegas Vacation is the best. It's dumb as hell, but I love it.

I'm not sure about this movie yet (the last thing we need is more 80's remakes/sequels), but the images make it look better than I expected. At least they are an improvement from this atrocity:

My personal ranking: Vegas > Vacation > Christmas >>>>>>>>>> European

I would rank them as Christmas Vacation > Vacation > Eurpoean Vacation >>>>>>>> Christmas Vacation 2. Never saw Vegas Vacation, but, unfortunately, I did sit through Christmas Vacation 2.

I would rank them as Christmas Vacation > Vacation > Eurpoean Vacation >>>>>>>> Christmas Vacation 2. Never saw Vegas Vacation, but, unfortunately, I did sit through Christmas Vacation 2.

I never actually watched it, but I can say the Christmas Vacation 2 poster is my worst experience with the franchise.

I agree that if the filmmakers would have waited another year they could have used Twisted Collossus and that would have made a statement about how Walley World has changed a lot over the years.

As far as my Vacation movie rankings go: Christmas Vacation > Vacation > European Vacation > Vegas Vacation. Luckily I haven't see Christmas Vacation 2. If it doesn't have Clark Griswold (or at least one of the Griswolds) it's not a Vacation movie to me.