TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is the Vertical Loop on its way out soon?

Can we all agree that of all the vertical loops around, the one built in 1978 for that little ol' theme park in Buena Park, CA, is probably one of the best, if not THE best loop ever made?

It's the best one i've ever experienced. The only ones that are even close are some other Schwarzkopf loops. Of the "modern" loops I think Kumba and (this is out of left field) Kings Dominion's Dominator are both great in the back seat but they're not on the same level as a Schwarzkopf. Not even close...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times I've read this: "they did a dive loop, so they can do a vertical loop."

How so is that much different? Except it has to return on itself and thus be twice as wide, what does make it impossible?

I think it's totally possible, but they just aren't interested in doing that because they don't want those kinds of forces.

Can we all agree that of all the vertical loops around, the one built in 1978 for that little ol' theme park in Buena Park, CA, is probably one of the best, if not THE best loop ever made?

Oh yes. I was stunned at how forceful Montezooma's loop was, especially when going through it backwards.

To answer the question; No. The vertical loop isn't going anywhere.

Oh yes. I was stunned at how forceful Montezooma's loop was, especially when going through it backwards.

To answer the question; No. The vertical loop isn't going anywhere.

You also get some great forces on both SooperDooperLooper's and Sidewinder's loop (going backwards)

I'm trying to think of other loops that compare and nothing, in my mind, quite does it. The shape and speed through it is perfect.

having said that, I kind of wish that loops were more common in modern attractions. They're probably my favorite inversion.

And don't forget the two at that little park in Atlanta, GA