TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kolmården Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it's April 2nd everywhere in the world, I have to say that the April Fool's prank email of the coaster being an RMC/S&S collaboration of a terrain 4D Free Spin with two launches, a lift, and multiple trenches was nicely done.

I hope this is something like Maverick's first & last few turns; but the entire layout. All while hugging the terrain. I'd love to ride a coaster where there is not a second to brace yourself, with the direction always changing quickly, with no drawn out turns (I305).

Now that it's April 2nd everywhere in the world, I have to say that the April Fool's prank email of the coaster being an RMC/S&S collaboration of a terrain 4D Free Spin with two launches, a lift, and multiple trenches was nicely done.

Ya, was really disappointed to hear it was fake ... When I saw that the youtube link was a rickroll I nearly punched a hole through my laptop. Happy to see that the post was taken down... Will spare anyone else the disappointment

I too can't wait to see what this is ... Hoping that if it's an RMC, there's something unique, like the fire tunnel everyone's talked about, or a completely new element like Goliath's zero g stall.

I kind of think that what is going to be amazing is the whole concept not just the ride. Maybe it is going to be a coaster company that is known for one type of ride that is well thought of putting there touch on an existing style taking it to the next level.

I hope this is something like Maverick's first & last few turns; but the entire layout. All while hugging the terrain. I'd love to ride a coaster where there is not a second to brace yourself, with the direction always changing quickly, with no drawn out turns (I305).

That sounds like El Toro, too. Not that I'm thinking Intamin necessarily, but just wanted to say that.

I definitely see terrain and/or theming being a huge part of what makes this so great (well, heavy theming is practically a given). I think it's likely there's a "gimmick" or two incorporated, but clearly there's much more to the project.

^ While I really hope this thing will be wood and will launch either way though I'm sure it will be awesome! I don't think Robb would be this excited if it wasn't. I don't really care what it does though as long as there is plenty of air time!

If this thing is as exciting as Robb is making out it has to be a pretty insane, one of a kind thing - not a clone, and probably not a drop tower as that usually wouldn't cause a huge load of excitement.

I'm putting my money on an inverted wooden strata-eurofighter which jumps the track across a burning forest. But that's just me.

Whatever it turns out to be, I'm glad that I plan to be in Scandi in 2016/17 anyway!

It's going to be like the old Backdraft at Universal, except it's a walkthrough...and that's just the queue. Then you jump on the back of an animatronic Edward from Twilight who takes you on a wild ride through the forest, if you aren't dead or debilitated from being burned in the queue.

I'm certainly curious, at least we only have to wait a little while longer.

Edited by downunder