TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Going back a page or two, I do miss the Wacky Soap Box Racers. It was a lot of fun, well themed, and unique in this area. From station to station, it lasted about two minutes---just right.

As for Pony Express, I personally don't find it uncomfortable at all (I'm 5'-8", 170lbs.). I do find it to be too short. Maybe if they'd have added about half again as much track it would have been better. A spiral over the rapids or an extra out-and-back part, or something. It's kind of dumb to have one train already at the final brake while the other is still halfway through the loading process. You spend more time on that final brake than you do on the ride itself.

Sierra Sidewinder also might have benefited from a slightly longer track.

Eric

Sierra Sidewinder is really fun if you want laughs, I was surprised that the helix can be intense if you're facing the ground, it's close.

PE could have been longer and more fun if Screaming Swing wasn't where there. I wish someone would tell the execs that its time to start getting rid of the old backstage buildings between GR and Mystery Lodge. They're all one story and take up too much valuable property.

My only complaint about Pony Express is the height requirement! The ride is a great ride for young ones and family, especially those who have never been on a launching coaster. The problem is, the day they are tall enough for Pony Express is the same day they are tall enough for Montezooma's Revenge.

That's so true, but sadly, the height requirement is huge for Pony. Due to how the restraints operate, it is continually pressing you into the seat. Many know that you can easily staple yourself on that ride just by simply breathing in. Anyways, Most people under that height requirement don't have the strength in their chest to hold the backbar up. It could literally suffocate them.

But oh yeah, a bit more length would have been nice