TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Did they ever say why they moved the calico stage to screaming swings old spot? If I remember correctly the old stages space is still wide open and unused. Is it possible this thing extends all the way over to that area?? If so, this coaster may be massive!

I thought the stage move was to alleviate congestion in the old area. Having the new coaster go around the front of Calico Mine Ride and over the train seems really intrusive... Who knows though?

The new stage shares back of house facilities with the Schultz theater (much better than the makeshift backstage the old one had). It also offers a larger viewing area for guests with less congestion. HIGHLY doubt moving it has anything to do with whatever this project becomes.

If they were planning to extend a coaster beyond the Boardwalk then leaving the stage where it was would have been the smarter. Better to have a long giga jump over and paralell Pony Express. Someone actually sugessted that on Knott's Network awhile back.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

What you see occuring first? The announcement and ground breaking party or grading and footers and THEN an annoucement?

With Cedar Fair lately, the ride will be half built before we ever get an announcement!

They don't need to announce new rides, when they have enthusiasts watching the webcams and reporting every move that maintenance makes.

Just out of curiosity, has there been any indication from the park that the replacement for Boomerang would be a roller coaster? I haven't seen any but I may have missed it. Thanks!

Nope... for all we know, Boomerang's replacement might be a flower bed. This is all pure speculation.

Just out of curiosity, has there been any indication from the park that the replacement for Boomerang would be a roller coaster? I haven't seen any but I may have missed it. Thanks!

Why close a decently popular coaster before summer for anything less? Any flat would take a month at most as we saw with Sol Spin. A planter a week. If they were planning anything smaller I'm sure they would have waited until September like they did with Plunge.

Why close a decently popular coaster before summer for anything less? Any flat would take a month at most as we saw with Sol Spin. A planter a week. If they were planning anything smaller I'm sure they would have waited until September like they did with Plunge.

Hurler disproves this entire post.

Hurler disproves this entire post.

Hurler had a whole host of issues. I don't think it's remotely similar. Plus RMC is doing g a project at KD as a sort of replacement, I thought.

Does Knott's have some type of noise or height restriction that could prevent them from building a giga or a hyper? Only reason I ask is cause I know Ghostrider has a shed over its first drop and Silver Bullet has sand in its track and supports so it doesn't roar like other B&M's.

I wasn't suggesting it would just be a flowerbed or a flat ride. It could be anything - a large scale water ride to "replace" Perilous Plunge, a dark ride (unlikely, but you never know), another collection of flat rides to boost the family side of things, anything. Since Knotts is a year-round park I doubt the fact that it closed before or after summer is that big of a consideration; they're not going to lose ticket sales because Boomerang is gone now any more than they would if it had closed after Labor Day.

Yes there are. There weren't until GR and SS and then people complained. Prior to that they had never had a tall enough ride that the sound escaped the park to any significant degree. By the time SB was built the city made noise restrictions. They aren't crazy because the city knows Knott's is it's bread and butter and you can only quiet an amusement park so much, but they did set some limits. I also believe, but don't quote me on it, but they can't build any rides in the north or west overflow lots (the ones across LaPalma and Western Avenues). I think I read somewhere that the park boundries excluding parking lots are set at LaPalma, Western, Crescent and Beach. Soak City is different because it isn't open late at night.

I wasn't suggesting it would just be a flowerbed or a flat ride. It could be anything - a large scale water ride to "replace" Perilous Plunge, a dark ride (unlikely, but you never know), another collection of flat rides to boost the family side of things, anything. Since Knotts is a year-round park I doubt the fact that it closed before or after summer is that big of a consideration; they're not going to lose ticket sales because Boomerang is gone now any more than they would if it had closed after Labor Day.

It's speculation at best, of course. But most of us have been around long enough to recognize the signs. Rampant rumors, even among employees. Sudden closing and quick removal of a classic coaster along with boarding up an entire area, and the fact the the park is overdo for a thrill ride on a larger scale. Sure it could be something else, but I doubt it.

I was exaggerating when I said Boomerang's replacement might be a flower bed. As Monte said, all the signs seem to point toward it being another roller coaster, but since the park hasn't announced anything yet, and it's too early for any "leaked" pics of a new ride being built **cough cough Mean Streak** we don't know that for sure.

Its a Giga, i have seen the plans...i could tell you all about it but its classified and id have to kill you after then you would never get to ride it, thats no fun...this message will self destruct in 3....2....

So we are all correct. It's a beyond vertical giga indoor dark dive water eruofighter coaster.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Its a Giga, i have seen the plans...i could tell you all about it but its classified and id have to kill you after then you would never get to ride it, thats no fun...this message will self destruct in 3....2....

Do we are all correct. A beyond vertical giga indoor dark dive water coaster.

Oh? I see you have seen them too...shhhh, dont tell anyone its actually a strata