TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lewa Happy World Discussion Thread

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ride looks great

Does anyone else think it's weird that they have this beautiful huge Mack coaster in a park full of Chinese knock offs? LOL

Since this park already made Vekoma a huge victim, I'm pretty sure all the ride manufacturers are looking forward to study the crap out of Lightning and create their own "version" of Mack Mega Coaster. Just hope that Mack will be able to keep their technologies to themselves.

Now that`s interesting...really.

This could have been build instead of Mako...and probably for less money. Sea World already went with Mack...so why not here again ?

Did they purchase a B&M to play it save ?

Honestly...I believe that some day Mack will be a big player when it comes to Hypers and Gigas !

Now that`s interesting...really.

This could have been build instead of Mako...and probably for less money. Sea World already went with Mack...so why not here again ?

Did they purchase a B&M to play it save ?

Honestly...I believe that some day Mack will be a big player when it comes to Hypers and Gigas !

I think it was said somewhere that Mack building big coasters in the U.S. would actually cost more than it's worth, and that's why we don't see many except for family rides.

Sorry RCF...but I don`t "get" that !

I mean...if B&M and Intamin...both european manufacturers...if they can do it...then why shouldn`t Mack be able do do it ?

I believe that Mack just needed a chance to show that they can compete with the other companies when it comes to a coaster of that scale...

• 1 month later...
Sorry RCF...but I don`t "get" that !

I mean...if B&M and Intamin...both european manufacturers...if they can do it...then why shouldn`t Mack be able do do it ?

I believe that Mack just needed a chance to show that they can compete with the other companies when it comes to a coaster of that scale...

Well that is the difference, Mack make all their parts in England, and B and M and Intamin make all their parts in Europe. It must be more expensive from England.

Please drop the bickering, this whole argument is pointless.

1) Yes, England is part of Europe, but posting a map and making no reference to the different economies doesn't address the problem. (Except that someone is not clear in their geography definitions, as many people refer to Europe as Mainland Europe)

2) Why would Mack manufacture in England, especially if people are speculating that it is more expensive to manufacture there

3) What does this statement even mean, it makes no sense as it is written

I think it was said somewhere that Mack building big coasters in the U.S. would actually cost more than it's worth, and that's why we don't see many except for family rides.

• 2 months later...

To give the thread a bump, Flash/Lightning was testing many months ago in 2015, and now no one has posted anything in 2016 about this coaster. I haven't seen any coverage, reviews, or new videos, either. According to RCDB, it's been operating since January 1. This is one of the biggest coasters that's ever seemed to slip our community surveillance. I know it's in China, but since there's no shortage of coverage for knock-offs, I'm surprised that this giant Mack creation remains largely in the dark.

Edited by Samuel

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just saying, Flash/Lightning looks to possibly be in the top 5 coasters in the world.

LOL no it's not.

As I guess you have been on it, does it look better than it actually is. I mean the Mack videos of their coasters are always epic and make me instantly want to ride one of their coasters, but even in normal pictures it looks amazing. After riding Helix, it has made me really want to try this out one day.