TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Superbowl Commercials 2013

SharkTums

As I sit here watching the game with KT, we're pretty much watching just for commercials. I'm sure by tomorrow there will be a site up with all the commercials, but for any of you watching right now what do you like so far?

So far I really like the M&M commercial.

The GoDaddy.com commercial made me want to vomit. Way too inappropriate for normal tv!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^I agree with you about the GoDaddy commercial. I never liked them to begin with.

I really enjoyed the M&M, Doritos and the one with the Flaming Lips. I think that was a commercial for Hyundai. Oh and I thought the Audi one was cute as well. I always look forward to the Budweisers with the clydesdales.

Good ones so far

- M&Ms

- Doritos Goat and Tea Party

- Coke

- Budweiser Clydesdales

- Bud Lite

- Taco Bell

- Oz, Iron Man, World War Z looked real good

GoDaddy commercials were alright. E-trade was annoying though. Most of the other commercials weren't too significant although there were more that seemed a lot more big budget than last year.

EDIT: that car commercial about how babies were made is so cute.

I thought the Doritos Goat was the best, followed by the Montana Stain and and the M & M commercial. I also thought the GoDaddy one was terrible. I also thought the Paul Harvey Farmer add for Dodge was odd. I was thinking it was going to be for some farmers association, or food thing, not a dodge truck.

The GoDaddy.com commercial made me want to vomit. Way too inappropriate for normal tv!

My wife and I literally jumped off the couch to try to find the tv control so we can press the mute button. We failed and when the sound of their lips smacking together started we faced each other, put our fingers in our ears, and started saying random things out loud because it was too DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I was a bit surprised by how 'Jesus, America, Troops Fuck Yeah' some of the commercials went. Then again, that's a lot of the Superbowl audience so I guess it made sense. Those commercials just kind of made me embarrassed more than anything.

I think I am the only one that liked the Oreos commercial.

But yeah, what a big disappointment with the commercials this year. Usually there is a top ten favorite commercial thing on youtube the day after the Super Bowl and I can't even think of 10 actual "funny" commercials this year.

Yeah I was a bit surprised by how 'Jesus, America, Troops fudge Yeah' some of the commercials went. Then again, that's a lot of the Superbowl audience so I guess it made sense. Those commercials just kind of made me embarrassed more than anything.

Yeah I'm with ya here, while that is the "Superbowl audience" there certainly seemed to be a lot more of that this year (and the past couple of years in advertising in general, it's like everyone is trying to make money off of American pride which just rubs me the wrong way at times).

I also thought the Paul Harvey Farmer add for Dodge was odd. I was thinking it was going to be for some farmers association, or food thing, not a dodge truck.

This is funny because I have a lot of friends from back home who are farmers (or rednecks if you prefer) and they all though this was the best commercial they've ever seen. I wouldn't be surprised if Dodge truck sales see a nice increase across the south/midwest.

The farmer one stood out simply because it was a stark contrast to almost every other commercial. Beautifully shot and composed, just didn't care for the actual content or what ever dumb truck it was selling.

The GoDaddy one was effective just because it got people talking.

Would watch an hour of Paul Rudd, Seth Rogan, and Bob Odenkirk riffing, even if it is for a horrible iPhone rip-off.

The worst ones IMO were for that new Budweiser Black Beer and new Becks dark beer simply because there is nothing Bud or Becks could do to convince me to drink their crappy beer. The Go Daddy one was gross.

The Farmer one was interesting, well shot, a nice shout out to radio history and my daughter liked it because of the FFA logo. Other than that, the message didn't resonate with me at all.

Some of my favs were the M&M "I'd do anything for love", Doritos Goat, Joe Montana stain and the Paul Rudd/Seth Rogan/Bob Odenkirk one. I even liked LeBron's cameo in it.