TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Superbowl Commercials 2013

SharkTums

^My problem with the "god made a farmer" commerical is that, cynical soul that I am, I couldn't get past the idea that they were just selling Dodge trucks. Sappy commericals that drone on and on just irritate me (and I grew up in Central California farm country).

I agree with this, too:

Yeah I was a bit surprised by how 'Jesus, America, Troops fudge Yeah' some of the commercials went. Then again, that's a lot of the Superbowl audience so I guess it made sense. Those commercials just kind of made me embarrassed more than anything.
Edited by cfc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the most terrible commercial, it was this local commercial for Reno Dodge. It is so incredibly terrible and bad. I don't understand how people can actually think this is good enough to put on TV, let alone during the Superbowl!

Thinking back now, I still think my favorite was the M&M Commercial. I'm usually not a fan of the talking CG M&M's, but with the Meatloaf song and the girls it was just really cute.

A lot of people seem to like the Clydesdale growing up finding his owner commercial, but it's just a ripoff of every terrible sappy youtube video of this happening with random animals around the world. It would have been much better had the horse just mowed him down and his dying words were "I guess that wasn't him".

A lot of people seem to like the Clydesdale growing up finding his owner commercial, but it's just a ripoff of every terrible sappy youtube video of this happening with random animals around the world. It would have been much better had the horse just mowed him down and his dying words were "I guess that wasn't him".

That would have made that the best commercial yesterday!

I wasn't impressed this year. A lot of the commercials had comical moments that made me laugh, but most of them just didn't seem too clever overall.

LEAST favorites:

--As always, E-Trade. While this one was marginally less annoying than past ones, that's not really saying anything.

--That Joe Montana one was silly (in a non-amusing way) and grating to watch.

--The "Next Big Thing" one was deadly boring and only had one or two funny moments that didn't redeem it for me.

I also thought the Paul Harvey Farmer add for Dodge was odd. I was thinking it was going to be for some farmers association, or food thing, not a dodge truck.

As surprised as I would've been, I actually did start suspecting maybe it really was a commercial promoting farming.

A lot of people seem to like the Clydesdale growing up finding his owner commercial, but it's just a ripoff of every terrible sappy youtube video of this happening with random animals around the world.

My response to the ending of that one was, "Just like

!" (Love that story.) While I like this kind of commercial, this one wasn't my favorite, and was beyond predictable.

Thinking back now, I still think my favorite was the M&M Commercial. I'm usually not a fan of the talking CG M&M's, but with the Meatloaf song and the girls it was just really cute.

I still think your idea was funnier, but this would have been better than the actual commercial.

http://teamcoco.com/video/budweisers-clydesdale-ad-takes-a-dark-turn

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/-sDN8I2O8kk[/youtu_be]

This one caused the budweiser.ca site to crash as pretty much every Canadian rushed to the site to buy one (they are currently sold out).

At $150, they're a little out of my price range, but they would be pretty awesome to have.

Budweiser and the NHL need to partner together to get this synced up with NHL Game Center and Center Ice.

Such an awesome idea.

It connects to WiFi and you can pick what team(s) you want it to go off for. You don't even need to be watching the game and you'll know every time your team scores.

Apparently it goes off within a second of the goal, but I'm waiting to see actual video of it. I imagine bars are all over this thing.