TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you reserve a show like Fantasmic with FastPass+, are you still able to pick up more ride FastPasses before the show? Or is that one of the things being worked on?

From my understanding is that you have to use or let ALL of your Fastpass+ experiences BEFORE you can receive another. Therefore, if you reserve Fantasmic/Wishes/Illuminations as part of your original three you would not be able to get another ride Fastpass until after the show. HOWEVER, if you use or let your Fastpasses expire at one park and then park hop to a different park that features a nighttime show you can get a Fastpass+ entitlement if there are any still available.

On another note, it sounds like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is gonna be a hit. Apparently 50,000 Fastpasses were snatched up in about 3 hours from the moment the opening of the ride was announced. I tried getting one for my trip in June on the first day we are enjoying the MK and only standby is available (at the moment); however, two days later when we're going back I was able to get Fastpasses for the ride. I'm sure hoping that more entitlements become available for the Wednesday we're heading to the park otherwise it looks like that'll be our first ride when we get to the park to keep the wait time down!

^Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is definitely a hit (at least currently). On May 2nd when they announced the FP+ dates, the entire system crashed, completely. We were at Animal Kingdom. Let me paint you a picture- I arrived at a fastpass+ kiosk since the mydisneyexperience app would not work on my iphone (due to the demand). The cast members told me that the entire system was completely down and I should just jump in a standby line. Killimanjaro Safari went from 20 minutes to 120 minutes (in the rain) and they just let everyone through the fastpass + line without even scanning magic bands since they were completely not working.

It was one of the craziest days I've ever spent at a park with pure confusion for cast members and guests. Since magic bands are still in a test and adjust phase, I'm sure Disney will learn from this experience to be able to quickly ramp up when demand is needed. But yeah.

Too Long, Didn't Read? 7DMT is in such high demand that it broke fastpass+ yesterday.

Also a bit off topic- The same people have now been queueing in line for the past four days straight to get a ride. Those people are nuts.

-chris

^ Weird. We were using the app and FP+ all day at Epcot and Magic Kingdom and never experienced a problem. Never heard anyone talk about any crash while at either park. Maybe it was just Animal Kingdom that was having issues? Got my Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Fastpasses, too!

I also know the system has gone down before and they issue re-ads and other standby methods.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

One more thing to add- From a family with child point of view-FastPass+ rocks. We can wake up when our son wants to and move around the parks at our own pace and still be ensured that we get to meet mickey, or ride toy story mania, or get the expedition everest ride. Honestly, it's perfect for our family...

If I could change one thing about MyMagic+ it would be to let me skip entering the pin in for purchasing less than $10 dollars. I believe they talked about this idea when it was first announced. I want to scan and go.

If I could change one thing about MyMagic+ it would be to let me skip entering the pin in for purchasing less than $10 dollars. I believe they talked about this idea when it was first announced. I want to scan and go.

Blame idiots like Kevin Yee. He was one of the people FOR it and at one point got all the crazies of Mice Chat to lobby with him that for "safety and security" you need a PIN number. I think it's stupid, too. Thanks society.

Killimanjaro Safari went from 20 minutes to 120 minutes (in the rain) and they just let everyone through the fastpass + line

Wait, 120 minutes for Safari's mid-week on a rainy day??!?! And that's not exaggerating? I mean, we were at Epcot and Test Track was only like 40 minutes. I don't think I've seen Safari's at 120 minutes unless it's Christmas break or something.

Edited by robbalvey

@Robb- Had friends at hollywood studios that were dealing with the same issues. Who knows. Maybe it was a fluke for those two parks. But none of our phones could access anything and all kiosks were down. Again though, Disney will figure this all out. Events like this are only beneficial to the system.. Something breaks and they fix it and learn how to stop it from happening again..

Robb- Couple questions for you-

Being a father, do you love the flexibility of fastpass+ like I do?

Do you think the new system is better than the old system for the majority of guests?

and will you ever buy a magic bandit or accessory for your magic band? I feel like that begins to step into the weird part of Disney fandom.

^Honestly too, If you look at these photos, they are actually a great example of why fastpass+ actually works. When the system is completely working, it distributes the crowds in such an incredible way that even standby wait is minimized.

^ Very strange. All I can say is you must have just been very unlucky and this was a strange fluke. In all my years of going to the park, and we do safaris pretty regularly, I don't think I've ever seen that, especially not on a rainy weekday.

All I know is that my experience on the very same day had no issues. I was on the app at 9am booking FastPasses, using it at Test Track at noon, and then again at Anna & Elsa a few hours later.

We were checking the app all day and changing stuff around and never ran into a time where it didn't work, so I'm assuming this must have been a pretty short window during the couple of hours we didn't use MDX.

Robb- Couple questions for you-

Being a father, do you love the flexibility of fastpass+ like I do?

Being a father doesn't have anything to do with it for me, but I like the flexibility of it, yes.

Do you think the new system is better than the old system for the majority of guests?

Yes. And it will be even better once everything is ironed and out people get past the learning curve. It will NOT be better for people who liked to abuse the old system. (which is where I see the majority of complaints coming from.)

and will you ever buy a magic bandit or accessory for your magic band? I feel like that begins to step into the weird part of Disney fandom.

Does this answer your question? image.thumb.jpg.937dc6f9dc3a0ae1cf4756124282ed00.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

^Well played. My inlaws bought a bunch of them for CJ and I rocked my "passholder slider".They liked the ability to customize their bands. They thought it was fun. Honestly, I kind of hate the idea of paying $12.95 for 3 pieces of plastic, but then again, I paid $9.95 for a vinylmation park 1 chaser that later made me $500.00 profit, so who am I to judge.

Like you said, I'm pretty sure the only people that really hate Magic Bands at this point are the ones that loved abusing the old system.

After the demand for SDMT being through the roof the last couple of days, I expected Fastpasses to be completely out even while we're on our vacation. In an earlier post, I mentioned I couldn't get a Fastpass for the day we're spending all day at MK. This isn't the case! On a whim, I thought I would just try to check and see if SDMT had any available Fastpasses and they've opened up more!

This just shows how AWESOME this new system is! I've changed our Fastpasses for our trip multiple times within the last several days and we aren't even at the park yet! I can't wait to be able to use this system when actually at the resort! 35 days and counting!

^Had lunch with some friends today who have been using it all week. They were even able to go get a Fastpass for Soarin at Epcot after using their first three after 5pm for an 8pm time slot!

^Had lunch with some friends today who have been using it all week. They were even able to go get a Fastpass for Soarin at Epcot after using their first three after 5pm for an 8pm time slot!

^Same thing with us on our recent trip. We were able to get on any ride we wanted (except for toy story/anna/ellsa/and the parade/fireworks stuff) after we used up the original three. Some rides were later at night, but there were no problems.

I keep trying to decide what "best practices" are regarding the new system. Do I book my first three as early as possible even if lines are light at that hour, or do I book during that 11:00-2:00 spot where lines are the worst? It will be interesting to see how game theory plays out with the new system..

That being said, the ability to add more fastpasses was flawless and there was a lot of availability even included the "tiered" e-tickets.

^which, judging by the past couple times I've been - should be no problem at all. The FP+ Kiosks were kind of crazy at the beginning of the day - but were quite accessible later on.

Still loving the new system myself.

^ The kiosks are getting less and less busy as more and more people are now able to use the app. If I had to guess you'll be able to book those additional FP+ towards the end of summer on your app.

The kiosks are getting less and less busy as more and more people are now able to use the app.

Yay, for us non cell phone users!

(And we are out there....)