TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney reveals details on Walt Disney World MyMagic+

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping an eye on it, and I'm still not seeing any Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade FP+ selections open in May, while most of the remaining April days are sold out.

So what's up with no Festival of Fantasy FP+ times in May so far? The parade is still on the calendar in May. Is this Disney experimenting with ways to prevent FP+ reservations to be all gobbled up too soon?

Keeping an eye on it, and I'm still not seeing any Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade FP+ selections open in May, while most of the remaining April days are sold out.

So what's up with no Festival of Fantasy FP+ times in May so far? The parade is still on the calendar in May. Is this Disney experimenting with ways to prevent FP+ reservations to be all gobbled up too soon?

When we used our Fastpass+ for the Parade last week we were told they were working on certain issues with how it was being recognized within the system. It could be that they are working on something with it so I would just keep checking back. I've also sometimes seen differences between what the app showed available and the online system.

When we used our Fastpass+ for the Parade last week we were told they were working on certain issues with how it was being recognized within the system. It could be that they are working on something with it so I would just keep checking back. I've also sometimes seen differences between what the app showed available and the online system.

How was your Experience with MagicBands

Robb and Elissa's experience with the MagicBands is well documented in this thread! (They liked it)

Robb and Elissa's experience with the MagicBands is well documented in this thread! (They liked it)

thats good

im going down in july so i was just kinda curious.

^ I think you will be happy with is as well. I'd recommend reading through this thread so you know some of the features that aren't immediately recognizable and to see how those of us who are down here are using them to their best advantage.

Robb and Elissa have posted a TON of good information on how they work and how they use them, which helped me once I got mine

David

^ I think you will be happy with is as well. I'd recommend reading through this thread so you know some of the features that aren't immediately recognizable and to see how those of us who are down here are using them to their best advantage.

Robb and Elissa have posted a TON of good information on how they work and how they use them, which helped me once I got mine

David

i hope so, i've been going every year with my family for 16 years with annual passes . this will be my 27th trip.

More features just announced:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/mymagic-adding-even-more-magic-to-fastpass/

A few weeks ago we shared the latest plans for MyMagic+, and gave a look at more changes to come. We saw great response and interest in the news. Many of you expressed excitement about the evolution of FastPass+ and the fact that we were working on ways to provide our guests with the ability add more FastPass+ entitlements in addition to the three they can plan in advance and a feature that enabled the ability to make those additional selections while park hopping.

And we are pleased to let you know that as of next week our guests will be able to do just that.

So starting Monday, after guests have used their first three FastPass+ selections, they will be able to select another one at one of the kiosks located in each of our WDW parks. When they’ve used that one, they’ll be able to select another, and so on, ultimately providing guests with even more ways to customize their Walt Disney World Vacation. Guests will also be able to select and use their additional FastPass+ entitlements when they hop from park to park.

As we’ve said from the beginning, MyMagic+ will continue to evolve over time with the aim of continuing to improve our guests’ experience with us and in response to feedback from our guests. Today’s news is another chapter of that story and we look forward to sharing more with you as we continue to roll out and refine MyMagic+. Continue checking the Disney Parks Blog for more details.

^ Pretty sure Robb called this when this was first announced. literally. I don't want to search this thread to find it, but there was a lot of "the sky is falling" when this was announced.

Personally I like knowing that when I plan a WDW vacation I can set up 3 must do rides each day straight up. That is great.

more FPs were going to be available eventually.

^Exactly, Robb called this back when it was first announced. It wouldn't be Fastpass without the park hopping feature! He told us to WAIT and here it is! Just in time for the summer season and the opening of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

What it looks like to me, is that once you've used your three entitlements (lets say at Magic Kingdom) you can then get an additional ones at Magic Kingdom or another park if you so choose? Does this sound about right?!?

Boy oh boy! I can't wait for my trip in June! It can't get here fast enough!

More features just announced:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/04/mymagic-adding-even-more-magic-to-fastpass/

A few weeks ago we shared the latest plans for MyMagic+, and gave a look at more changes to come. We saw great response and interest in the news. Many of you expressed excitement about the evolution of FastPass+ and the fact that we were working on ways to provide our guests with the ability add more FastPass+ entitlements in addition to the three they can plan in advance and a feature that enabled the ability to make those additional selections while park hopping.

And we are pleased to let you know that as of next week our guests will be able to do just that.

So starting Monday, after guests have used their first three FastPass+ selections, they will be able to select another one at one of the kiosks located in each of our WDW parks. When they’ve used that one, they’ll be able to select another, and so on, ultimately providing guests with even more ways to customize their Walt Disney World Vacation. Guests will also be able to select and use their additional FastPass+ entitlements when they hop from park to park.

As we’ve said from the beginning, MyMagic+ will continue to evolve over time with the aim of continuing to improve our guests’ experience with us and in response to feedback from our guests. Today’s news is another chapter of that story and we look forward to sharing more with you as we continue to roll out and refine MyMagic+. Continue checking the Disney Parks Blog for more details.

Attractions Magazine just had an update to this as well:

http://attractionsmagazine.com/unlimited-fastpass-walt-disney-world-park-hop/

You can also use your additional FastPass on an attraction you already used a FastPass on if you’d like to experience it again. Of course, As the day goes on, some attractions will no longer have FastPass+ available if they’re all booked up.

Disney is working to add the ability to add additional FastPass+ selections to the MyDisney Experience app and website. For now, guests will have to use the in-park kiosks in the park the attraction they want to book is located.

Guests will also be able to select and use their additional FastPass+ entitlements when they hop from park to park.

Maybe I missed it, but will the first three FP+ times need to be redeemed before additional FP+ times at other parks can be scheduled? The way I'm reading this, it sounds like the first 3 must be used first, then additional FP+ times can be obtained for any park at that park's FP+ kiosk at this point. Is that right?

If so, then that Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+ comes at a steep cost since there's no way to finish the first three and get more FP+ times. Going to have to weigh the benefit of having Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+against that, I suppose. Good way to ensure those who have the Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+ are those who really want it, and aren't just taking up a reservation spot they don't really intend to use.

Guests will also be able to select and use their additional FastPass+ entitlements when they hop from park to park.

Maybe I missed it, but will the first three FP+ times need to be redeemed before additional FP+ times at other parks can be scheduled? The way I'm reading this, it sounds like the first 3 must be used first, then additional FP+ times can be obtained for any park at that park's FP+ kiosk at this point. Is that right?

If so, then that Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+ comes at a steep cost since there's no way to finish the first three and get more FP+ times. Going to have to weigh the benefit of having Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+against that, I suppose. Good way to ensure those who have the Fantasmic! or Illuminations FP+ are those who really want it, and aren't just taking up a reservation spot they don't really intend to use.

I would bet this is something they are working on to solve. Kind of like at DCA where getting a FP for World of Color doesn't interfere with getting a FP for something else.

^I would assume something like that is in the works as well.

And yes you are correct that you have to use your fast passes at the first park, then hop to the next park and make new ones at an in-park kiosk. They did mention that they're working on you being able to do it from the app in the future.

Awesome news! I can't find any info on this, and I've been searching all over the internet and this forum... During Extra Magic Hours, do the parks still use Fastpass+?

***Edit: I found my answer. The answer is no if anyone was wondering.

This is a nice touch. I can see more attraction themed MagicBands coming....

That's a very nice touch. These are a blank canvas of sorts. If a new one will be given w/ each visit/resort stay, I can see people eventually building up quite a collection and wanting to have all sorts of different ones like this. It'd be great to see additional levels of customizability like this come out at some point.

Just got back from a quick trip to WDW, and I was pleasantly surprised by the whole MyMagic+ program. With my limited schedule, it was great to be able to pre-book all of the headline attractions before I'd ever set foot in the park. Just one example... On Sunday, my flight got delayed, so while I was sitting in Detroit waiting I opened the app and changed all of my times. I was able to show up at the park at 6:15 pm, ride Splash, Space and Big Thunder without any waits. That would've never happened before this change.