113 members have voted

1. 1. What Web Browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Safari
    • Mozilla FireFox
    • Opera
    • Other

I mostly use Safari and Firefox, however thinking about ditching Firefox for Chrome. Firefox seems to be more and more flakey and buggy lately...

As a long time user of Firefox for multiple years, I switched to Chrome in mid 2011 and have never looked back! Do it Robb!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Any one try the new IE10? Is it worth taking a look at?

The newer IEs are not as bad as 6-8, however it still doesn't have the customization or speed that Chrome, Firefox, and Opera have.

When I first heard about Firefox several years ago, I tried it out and never went back to Internet Explorer - except for the fact that one website I have to use for work doesn't allow me to use anything other than IE. That's the only reason it's still on my computer.

I tried Chrome when it first came out and had so many problems with it I deleted it soon after. I realize they may have made improvements by now and have considered trying it out again, but haven't had any real reason to add another browser. So unless anybody has some really convincing arguments for Chrome...

I have a change in my browsers, for video viewing and things that Chrome doesn't like I use Firefox. On my IPad I use a browser called Mercury (I don't like the fact the new Safari doesn't allow fo full screen video viewing [the task bar at the top doesn't go away]).

I stick to Chrome on my computer with Firefox as a back up. Chrome has always run the best for me and just seems much simpler and cleaner than any other browser. I have Chrome on my phone as well. I don't use it much since it doesn't display sites as well as the built in browser, but it's nice that you can bring up the tabs you had open on the computer which is handy if you're in the middle of something and then need to get off the computer for whatever reason.

On my desktop (PC), I use Internet Explorer. I've never had any serious problems with it and I'm just so used to it that I don't see a need to learn a new browser. I have Google Chrome installed for the rare occasion that a site doesn't work properly in Internet Explorer or doesn't have an English version available, but it rarely gets used and I actually have more problems with it than I do with Internet Explorer.

On my laptop (Mac), as well as my iTouch, I use Safari. It works well enough that I've never felt the need to install an additional browser.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...