TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR and Theme Park Artwork

I don't know if these count... I made these structural representations of several coasters for my finals last year. The images have been posted here before while they were being built, but for those who have not seen them...

871372729_Intamin001.jpg.0de0879db6d6a72776bb489132c11d94.jpg

And a slew of Cedar Fair Intamins...

1855925234_SheiKra1.jpg.395556afd79591c02021406f2f420d35.jpg

SheiKra

336305928_Kraken001.jpg.ab0b65af00b38a6cb956ea35130f97f7.jpg

Kraken

1156820463_Tatsu1.jpg.b02d54b7f4802f77c867aec5dad1464e.jpg

Tatsu

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flipdude, they are mostly composed of very fine bendable wire, it's a long process cutting correct lengths and shaping th etrack and supports. A lot of these are unfinished, which is a shame because I'd like to move onto my "California Screamin" model as soon as these are done.

Hello! It's been quite a while since I was here... I have lost interest for coasters ages ago. I have gotten into a modern art movement called hyperrealism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperrealism_%28painting%29 ). Modern architecture is also another new interest, and I'm going to become an architect

Here is my first contribution to hyperrealism:

Painted by freehand, with acrylics and regular brushes, on a canvas. It took 6 months to paint, 450-600 hours. An art gallery in London has already shown interest

read more and see a larger image here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52335458/

greetings Ville aka. NCF

I'm extremely impressed with this. The movement in general is ridiculously awesome. It and photorealism really are bringing back technique that was neglected in modern and pop art. If you actually look at the picture, it's definitely painted. Even without the detail shots you provided, if you REALLY lok there some things that are a little "off" but only upon closer inspection.

Verrrry nice.

^such as what? I couldnt notice anyhting in the non-close-up picture.

I mena, it did look like something was a little off, but it was more like a photo that's been airbrushed to look better than a drawing made to look like a photo.

I am still completely floored by this drawing, by the way. had to print this out and show my parents

1, Thanks for the nice compliments

2, the proportions can't be off, I used grids and I was never done with an area until it was perfect in my eyes

3, many of the colors are off because of the bad photograf of the painting that I also tried to fix in photoshop. The strokes are also more visible in pictures of it than on the actual painting in real life. Acrylics are weird paint. The colors and the stroke's visibility changes a lot depending on the lighting.

Here is an unedited picture taken in the same lighting as the first one, and after I varnished it:

Again, amazing. I'm almost religiously attached to acrylic paints, need to get my set out. Anyway, do you have any preferences between natural and synthetic brush tips?

Here's a photograph I took of a tree in my backyard, I was amazed to see how abstract the picture turned out, so far I am working on creating a charcoal piece based on the photo.

304795111_wickedtree.JPG.7fb61d09ec5c6915db2ceac5991ac19a.JPG

Tree In Winter

1, Thanks for the nice compliments

2, the proportions can't be off, I used grids and I was never done with an area until it was perfect in my eyes

3, many of the colors are off because of the bad photograf of the painting that I also tried to fix in photoshop. The strokes are also more visible in pictures of it than on the actual painting in real life. Acrylics are weird paint. The colors and the stroke's visibility changes a lot depending on the lighting.

The main thing is in the "focus" of the painting. A lot of edges that in a photo would be really crisp and clear are softer here. Unless you went through the process of leveling and sectioning the paint it would be extremely difficult to achieve by hand. It's nothing you did wrong, it's the just that slight limitation of the acrylics.

Iit was more like a photo that's been airbrushed to look better than a drawing made to look like a photo.

That is exactly the point of hyperrealism.

"Extreme detail and ethereal lighting effects are often added to create an appearance of reality, in contrast to mere photographic simulation."

"Photographs are an artificial simulacrum of an image captured in time. Hyperrealism considers photography as a process tool of art from which to exploit the painted illusion of a representation of a representation. Hyperrealism exceeds its photographic reference source in optically convincing surface details, spatial depth and lighting effects."

Many edges are softened on purpose to get closer to reality

Unfortunately it is impossible to completely 'hide' the strokes when you use acrylic paint with brushes. An airbrush can give perfect results, such as Denis Peterson's paintings:

http://www.denispeterson.com/hyperrealism.html

Anyway, it was my first attempt. Actually it's my first ever "serious" painting, like not just a scetch.

I stumbled across the hyperrealism pic on Deviantart. it made front pge! Its a huge success on one of the internet's biggest art websites! KUDOS!

Thank you so much

It has now gotten over 9000 views, recieved over 700 comments and been favorited over 700 times! I am so happy and it is more that I could ever have hoped for

• 2 weeks later...