TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2012! TICKETS ON SALE NOW!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Robb said that Knott's is offering a discounted WCB rate at the Knott's hotel from 2/18-2/20 (Saturday - Sunday nights) for $89/night.

I posted a Hotwire deal a few pages back to save about $20 off of that rate per night, also at the Knott's hotel.

For 2/17 (Friday night), I used Priceline to bid on a 2.5 star hotel for $62, which turned out to be the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita. With tax, the total was $77, which is a $27 savings off any other hotel booking site for that property.

I'm actually surprised that the hampton is only rated 2.5 stars... It may just be because the decor is a little out-dated, but I have never had much to complain about at my many many stays at hampton properties. I work for a hilton family hotel and the hampton line is the cheapest in our employee travle system, yet still includes breakfast, so the value usually wins me over... I won't put what I pay to stay there, don't wanna upset everyone... heh. I know there standard rates are more than many of the other value brands out there, but if you can get a descent rate as in this example, it's definitely worth it.

Of course, for $10 more a night with my benefits, I am staying at the Embassy Suites for the weekend... This will be my 3rd [or is it 4th?] stay there, and it is quite a nice property.

So... is it the 18th yet????? 10 more days!!

^ I would have loved to stay at Embassy. I hear it's the nicest hotel in the area. And you can't beat the open bar/buffet breakfast perks. I researched that Priceline buyers were getting rates at Embassy (3 star) for $40-$60, so I bid on a 3 star in that range for a few days.... but no luck. I have a feeling rates are higher than normal during this time because of the holiday weekend.

I am SO EXCITED for this years bash! I am bringing two people to Six Flags who have never been there which should be a lot of fun as they have not really been on many coasters. Also the Knott's day looks like it will top last years... and I had a great time last year so I am VERY excited! Although to be honest just a lack of rain would top last year(even though the rain made it fun in a way) but the tours and everything sound absolutely amazing and I am VERY happy that these are all new tours meaning I did not do them last year. Nine days left! And as an added bonus my 50th credit. It may be a small milestone, but I am VERY happy to have ridden fifty coasters... although that number will skyrocket in the future when I finally have money!

The EXCITED Ghost

I'm new with this whole ERT thing. Can someone verify that I'm thinking correctly: The park opens an hour and a half early with select rides open, and we get to ride them as much as we possibly can? Is this correct? If it is, IT IS TOTALLY BLOWING MY MIND!!

You do have the right idea, we're the first people in the park before they let any of the GP in. It's also the same in the evening, we get to stay in the park for a couple hours after the park closes.

And Jerm, the other good thing about ERT is, since we are already in the park, if there happens to be a ride that is not on morning ERT, we can be first in line to ride when the park/ride does open.

Also, not that you can trust the Weather people 10 days out, but so far WCB weekend is looking to be beautiful. High's around 70, lows in the low to mid 40's.

And Jerm, the other good thing about ERT is, since we are already in the park, if there happens to be a ride that is not on morning ERT, we can be first in line to ride when the park/ride does open.

What are these 'lines' you speak of? I am not familiar with them... hehehehehehe

And, with all this great stuff for us so far... I've yet to hear the most beautiful words yet..... Montezooma ERT.

I fail as well...have to be back for training early the following week. Boooo for not getting off President's Day like a lot of other people!

Good news is that we're still going to Vegas & may try to tie in a trip to California with my Dad to go to Knotts during the week. Bad news is that we will miss all the kick ass ERT and awesome tours going on that weekend.

Oh well, maybe next year...