TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Texas Giant Bash Update Thread!

A big thank you to Robb & Elissa for another great TPR EVENT! My fiance, her son and I all had a wonderful time, this was their first TPR event and my second and I have to say Robb & Elissa put on awesome events and we look forward to attending many more in the future.

Another big thank you needs to go to SIX FLAGS over Texas! Even though we broke Shock Wave during night ERT they were able to clear the Texas Giant queue quickly and still gave us a full hour of ERT!

As for the New Texas Giant, it's definitely in my top five coasters and to me it's an all new experience it's not wood but not traditional steel. It rides completely and insanely different then either wood or steel so I will call it a hybrid for now. If any of you get the chance you definitely need to ride it.

Again thank you Robb, Elissa & SIX FLAGS over Texas!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thank you to Robb & Elissa for another great TPR EVENT! My fiance, her son and I all had a wonderful time, this was their first TPR event and my second and I have to say Robb & Elissa put on awesome events and we look forward to attending many more in the future.

Another big thank you needs to go to SIX FLAGS over Texas! Even though we broke Shock Wave during night ERT they were able to clear the Texas Giant queue quickly and still gave us a full hour of ERT!

As for the New Texas Giant, it's definitely in my top five coasters and to me it's an all new experience it's not wood but not traditional steel. It rides completely and insanely different then either wood or steel so I will call it a hybrid for now. If any of you get the chance you definitely need to ride it.

Again thank you Robb, Elissa & SIX FLAGS over Texas!

I vote for "Iron Horse" coaster as the official name of this new RMC jewel of a ride.

Absolutely a wonderful event, and an outstanding rollercoaster!

I managed to get 20 rides during ERT, 9 in the morning, 11 at night (including the last train double ride) on the Giant, and I still wanted to ride more- I don't care wood or steel, it's my current favorite coaster, and it'll take a lot to take that away.

Thanks again, Robb, Elissa, Ryan, Guy, Chad, everybody else I met but my brain is too melted at the moment for making this such a fun event.

SFoT were great hosts, and I can't wait to go back.

We went to the Waffle House crash after, we were one of the first there and ate rather quickly, I think there were about 17 people or so when we went to get some much needed rest. .

-Brian

Somewhat off-topic, but how close is the Waffle House? I'll be staying near the park next month for a few nights, and always love a late night Waffle House patty melt!

I have a special treat for those of you who were unable to attend NTAG Bash, or for those who just want to relive the awesomeness of TPR Trivia and TPR Quest. I have a multi part, never seen before video of what exactly goes on during TPR Trivia and TPR Quest. Quest was a miniature version of the real deal, but was still quite fun. I for one, won some NTAG crap and others won OTAG crap. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtZUyfDDOPo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qflOijd4FTg

Edited by chadster

Ah. That makes sense, so I'm not at least going totally insane. The fog / mist is going to be so nice in another few weeks...

I agree! In Texas, the mist will be greatly appreciated come July. But Saturday, wayyyy too cold. Awesome, but cold. I got soaked up front.

I had an amazing time at Texas Giant Bash! One interesting thing I noticed: on the train ride around the park, the recording says that Runaway Mine Train is the world's first tubular steel-tracked roller coaster. The SFOT Web site claims the same thing. Now, I may be wrong, but there's a little park in California with a ride called Matterhorn Bobsleds, and its track looks like tubular steel to me. And I do believe that ride is a few years older than the Mine Train.

But anyway, I loved Six Flags Over Texas and its selection of rides. It kills me I can't go hop on NTAG or Shockwave right now. But at least there are some exciting things coming up this summer to keep me busy here in SoCal.

Thanks again to TPR for organizing another great event! I took a few photos of Texas Giant riders during the morning ERT, plus a bunch more over the following two hours. You can check out my photos on Facebook or JoeRollerfan.com. Enjoy!

Thanks Joe! I guess I should ask the question - will any of these photos be added to www.joyrides.com or is that site more of the old school and www.joerollerfan.com is the new hotness?

Thanks Joe! I guess I should ask the question - will any of these photos be added to http://www.joyrides.com or is that site more of the old school and http://www.joerollerfan.com is the new hotness?

Heh, I keep Joyrides alive -- or more like suspended animation from the 90's -- mostly for historical purposes, but all my new stuff goes onto JoeRollerfan.com (along with lots of my roller derby photos).

I had an amazing time at Texas Giant Bash! One interesting thing I noticed: on the train ride around the park, the recording says that Runaway Mine Train is the world's first tubular steel-tracked roller coaster. The SFOT Web site claims the same thing. Now, I may be wrong, but there's a little park in California with a ride called Matterhorn Bobsleds, and its track looks like tubular steel to me. And I do believe that ride is a few years older than the Mine Train.

Yeah Matterhorn is older, so what they should say is that the Mine Train is the first tubular steel coaster with traditional-type roller coaster trains... But that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well does it? For what it's worth they've also stated that the Shockwave is the first coaster with consecutive double loops, when Double Loop at Geagua Lake opened a few years prior.

For what it's worth they've also stated that the Shockwave is the first coaster with consecutive double loops, when Double Loop at Geagua Lake opened a few years prior.

That's not as bad as SFOG claiming that Mindbender was the first triple-looping coaster!