TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Spongebob Squigglepants Launch Party!

Tonight was the Launch party for the lastest game I worked on "Spongebob Squigglepants" for the Nintendo Wii and 3DS. You can buy it here:

61U0TYWiMlL__SL500_AA300_.jpg.2fdce5e3a1cf4147c02a24bbf95bd006.jpg

Wii: http://www.amazon.com/Spongebob-Squigglepants-uDraw-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I0EGRS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1302584043&sr=8-1

3DS: http://www.amazon.com/Spongebob-Squigglepants-Nintendo-DS/dp/B004O7BALI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1302584043&sr=8-2

Onto the launch party!

It was quite cool being at a party in the REAL Nlickelodeon Studios in LA, not the old fake one in Orlando!

The party was for the most recent game I worked on.

There were several stations set up to play the game.

The spread was all Spongebob Themed.

You could eat Patrick! OM NOM NOM!

KidTums got her face painted!

"Don't I look awesome?"

Yup, they even served Krabby Patties!

The most awesome part of the night was having animators from the show make personalized drawing!

KidTums is getting one made...

It looks awesome!

I got one for my office.

One of the designers of the game got "Spongebob Mario!"

"Anyone who disses Spongebob is a LOSER!"

And finally the star of the show made a visit!

Now everyone please go buy "Spongebob Squigglepants" for the Nintendo Wii and 3DS!

Edited by robbalvey

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome looking event, especially the personalized drawings! Finally, a game for the 3DS that I'm actually looking forward to! All the other releases so far have been pretty bad, so I can't wait to get it! Can't wait! (Yes Amy and I are losers and each got one, but it's are so much better than I thought it would be)

We LOVE Spongebob. Even though my kids are now 14 and 13, Spongebob is still big in our house.

We will for sure be checking this out on the Wii ... in fact, I may pick it up when I go to Target to get the new Foo Fighters and The Incredibles on Blu Ray.

What style of game is it Robb? Similar to past Spongebob games, mini-game style? Nevermind, just looked it's the U-Draw. Is it required to play it? Guess I'll have to pick that up too.

The pad is actually really cool! And I'm not just saying that because we developed a game for it, but all of us in the studio honestly had a really good time working with in and messing with the system!

--Robb

I LOVE Spongebob! Despite how old I get, me and my friend still laugh at how many dirty jokes they manage to sneak in! I hope the game's very successful. Unfortunately I don't have a Wii as I'm stuck in the past with a PS2 and a GameBoy!

Curious, how does the 3DS version compare to the Wii (I actually have both systems), and I'm curious how well the 3D aspect works in a drawing/stylus-based game? Looks cool, very WarioWare-ish, which is fine by me!

Since we did all the animation with basically a multi-plane camera all of the games have a great sense of depth. And of course any games where we stoop to doing "silly 3D tricks" like things being flung at the screen work very well.