TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

This isn't as much of a rant as much as it is just me complaining. I have to finish my college essay by November 1st. I'm weighed down by LOTS of schoolwork at this point (why am I taking seven majors?) so it's hard to find time to write it, which is kind of bad since it is one of the most important essays of my life. Also, I'm not sure what to write...

Mark "At least this is the only thing left for me to do in this whole college process" Luskus

After getting shouted at in the Sea World thread for posting the "Shamu Photos", I got pretty annoyed...so here is my "Fat Rant!"

My guess is that people that were offended by that thread are probably fat. And to be honest, I was fat too. Hell, I'm still overweight! But do I get my panties in a knot over it? No. I've learned to laugh about it. Instead of being bitter, be amused, because no matter who you are, or what you look like SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will make fun of you for something!

There isn't any one person in the world that is better than the next!

If you can't laugh at yourself, for whatever reason, being fat, a coaster dork, having a small penis, being Jewish (or both of those *cough* Joey *cough*) then quite frankly, don't turn on your television!!! Don't read the internet!!! DON"T EVEN GO OUTSIDE!!!

Because I'm not sure if you noticed, but there really isn't any group of people who DON'T get made fun of on popular network TV shows, high traffic internet sites, etc. Even the most perfect looking people in the world get made fun of! Just pick up an issue of People magazine and see the 'worst dressed' at the Oscars!

I mean, South Park makes fun of people, Family Guy makes fun of people, SNL makes fun of people, so why can't Robb & Elissa? Do all Canadians now hate Family Guy because they said "Canadians Suck?" IT WAS A JOKE!!!!

C'mon people! Laugh a little bit! Get those fat rolls giggling!!!!

What makes us different from those shows? At least we know how to laugh at ourselves, too.

Before we make fun of someone else, we make DAMN SURE we're making fun of ourselves FIRST! Otherwise, it just wouldn't be fair, would it?

I while I do believe there are people that can't "help being fat" in that rare occasion they have some disease. These aren't the same people who show up at Sea World sucking on churro's and Shamu Ice Cream bars all day!

Having been a "300 pounder" at one point I know damn well that most people I knew who were also at my weight level shouted the "Oh, he's fat but can't do anything about it" excuse. Well, that's a load of crap 99% of the time. You CAN do something about it, but people just choose not to, and make excuses for it, and then yell at you because you're making fun of physically challenged people. Well, I call SHENANIGANS on that one!!!

If you want "mean spirited" read ARNR, and personally, I think that site is hilarious!

And if you STILL think we were out of line with our fat jokes, then, I guess you'll have to find another site to cruise, because, while we make fun of ourselves 99% of the time, we are equal opportunity jokers, and we will always continue to be!

--Robb "I'm fat and it's funny!" Alvey

Instead of being bitter, be amused, because no matter who you are, or what you look like SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE will make fun of you for something!

Quoted for agreement. Too many people take too many things too damn seriously. Many people need to relax and laugh more. See the recent ECC/ARN&R activity for a perfect example...

dt

^^ Exactly! Why do people sign up when it says that you need a good sence of humour to view this site, if they get offended easily?

Anyway, back onto topic and not starting a debate.

I hate my computer!! RCT3 has really messed it up by making the game shut-down randomly. It is extremely annoying!

Edited by coasters 4 me

Stupid people in my bio class who wait until the professor has moved on to another topic and then ask a dumb question about the topic she was talking about before.

Alternatively, other stupid people in the class who don't understand really simple concepts and ask the same question in 5 different ways RIGHT after she has finished going over it once.

Grumble, grumble *same thing happened with The Simpsons* grumble

First two, new episodes, then last night - repeat! Are they out of ideas already? Sheesh.

~ ~ ~ ~

And I just recounted my coaster count. And once again, I somehow over counted by (gulp) 3, which brings the # down to (boo hoo) 84.

Ah well, I'll still hit #100 when the UK tour happens (a bit'o happiness here).

fat chicks who don't go out and buy new clothes when they gain weight

i mean ughhhhhhhhhhhh that size 6 may button if you suck in and stretch out as much as you can but i don't want to see the levee break if you know what i mean