TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Geauga Lake Discussion Thread

As much as I'd like to see an Intamin woodie at Cedar Point, I think Cedar Fair should just give up on wood. They suck at it. I better go ride Renegade soon before it falls apart.

I wouldn't really blame this one on CF though.

Raging Wolf Bobs and G-trains in general sucked way before Cedar Fair took control of the park.

As much as I'd like to see an Intamin woodie at Cedar Point, I think Cedar Fair should just give up on wood. They suck at it. I better go ride Renegade soon before it falls apart.

I wouldn't really blame this one on CF though.

Raging Wolf Bobs and G-trains in general sucked way before Cedar Fair took control of the park.

Yeah, but it's their responsibility to keep the ride up now. And they're obviously doing a fine job.

Looks like I rode this one just in time! I got on it last Sunday. Didn't notice anything particularly wrong with it whilst riding, but it was a lot less violent than the other two wooden coasters at the park.

I hope you don't mean Big Dipper, I love that ride.

-James "It's a classic!" Dillaman

For the record, Saturday was my first trip to Geauga Lake, and I had a blast. Loved the park and look forward to going back again.

That might not be a popular opinion here, but that's how I felt after a fun day at the park. We came not expecting much, figured we'd be in and out in a few hours, and instead we closed the place out.

I hope you don't mean Big Dipper, I love that ride.

-James "It's a classic!" Dillaman

It's a classic with awful trains that do not accommodate taller riders well at all. Dipper was probably really awesome in its day.

I was their for EXT Saturday and the water park was packed but the rest of the park almost all the rides and coasters were walk on's. the Ragging Wolf Bobbs was closed when i got to it at 3:30. I did not ask when it whould be open and why it was down, not that they would have told me anyway.

this might get some surprising replies but this park was awesome as Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, it was packed when I went back in 2002. CF has a lot to this place since they bought it, removing 2 MAJOR coasters in the park and having problems upkeeping it. I love CF (even more then SF) but they need to get their act together or else they'll keep losing local guests

To be quite blunt, the future of this park looks rather bleak. The GM was not overly positive with anything he said at the Q&A at EXT. It was basically "we don't have the money" or "we are not making any money". Sad really that they cannot even afford to fix RWB after it valleyed...

Anyone ready to start a pool on how many more years this park has left in its life?

Anyone ready to start a pool on how many more years this park has left in its life?

I called it the year CF bought them that I thought it would make more sense for them to part out all the rides as "new attractions" for the other CF parks and either close GL all together, or just keep it as a water park.

The fact that they moved the water park over to the old Sea World location makes me wonder if that might actually come true.

They'd still have a water park to operate, which would probably be more successful for the area than a rides park, and they could sell off that land where the rides currently sit.

Seems to make a lot of sense to me.

--Robb "Which park do you think would get the B&M, Boomerang, and the SLC?" Alvey

--Robb "Which park do you think would get the B&M, Boomerang, and the SLC?" Alvey

Canada's Wonderland, Michigan's Adventure, and.......PKI?